Buzz TelecomCharged for services I never agreed

G

I received a call back in September of 2006 from a woman that stated she works for Buzz Telecom and began to explain how the services work through my phone service. I agreed to the unlimited plan she offered at the price of $9.99 or $19.99, but there was no such thing added to my phone bill as she stated, so I figured I didn't qualify. On November 16, 2006 they send me a bill for $57.54 for services they claim I had from 10/08/06 - 11/08/06. I had no long distance service from day one, and Buzz need to pay this bill themselves, cause I will not pay for something I never had.

• Pa
    Palmer Nov 13, 2006

My mother has just been "signed up" through above long distance carrier. She is 88, does not hear well, nor comprehend well. I've sent three e-mails (which is the only thing you can do or write your complaints since there is no number by which you can reach them by telephone) without results. Something should be legally done to prevent these "leaches" from preying on our senior citizens!

• Ry
    Ryan Aug 14, 2008

I was the manager in charge of customer service for long distance sales. I can tell you that this was pretty much the norm for the company. They were a "reseller" of long distance, meaning they provided no actual service, just charged you.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices