BusinessBuyers.co.ukRip Off

G Review updated:

This sham company took £2000 off my grandmother at her guest house in the lake district.
They promised her they would sell it in two months then grandfather dies and she couldn't run it anymore.
They tell her she owes £18, 000 after having no interest whatsoever in the business.
They have contacted her under lots of different names - the Altius Group and Kings - and a MrBrennan and Shaun have been ringing her - once 14 times in a day trying to get her to pay it.

She wont be - simple as that they can take us to court.

Avoid these people they are totally corrupt

Saima Aslam Oct 18, 2018

Avoid this company at any cost they are cons
    Please please do not use them

• Gr
    GrahamFindlay Aug 04, 2020

@Saima Aslam Hey! Did you hear back on this.?

What happened? I think something is happening very similar to someone I know!

• Di
    Diane Elizabeth Roberts Mar 18, 2018

Hi I am also interested in your outcome as they are demanding £10, 000.00 plus vat off me and 20, 000.00 off my son as we withdrew from a sale we did not feel was appropriate.

Saima Aslam Jul 09, 2019

@Diane Elizabeth Roberts Hi Diane please could I ask did you manage to get an out come im in the same boat
    Any help would be appreciated
    [email protected]

Saima Aslam Jul 11, 2019

@Diane Elizabeth Roberts Hi Diane could you contact me [protected] to let me know what your out come was as I’m in the same situation thankyou

• Mi
    michaeltaylor Jun 30, 2016

Kings business estate agent / altius group contacted me to agree to sell and offer for lease my property

I agreed for them to sell it /lease it and paid them £500.00. 1 Week later I realised the service was appaling and got worse as time went on, I realised after 6 months they were not advertising it on zoopla and rightmove as they promised me when I met their seller . They, never performed viewings did not write out a description for advert ( I had to do it),

They also they sent me complex terms and conditions with 3 pages of clauses trapping me with them stopping me selling or leasing my property, I need the property advertised on Zoopla and rightmove to sell or lease it as I have no income now as due to my condition have now lost my job.

They are trying to fine me and terrorising me giving me 48 hours to pay £200.00 as another estate agent advertised my property had not sold it when Kings estate agent then warned me to stop advertising or I would be in breach of contract, I never signed a contract with the estate agents, property is currently empty now and I cannot sell it or lease it.
    The seller never handed to me the 3 page terms and conditions document or showed me it nor did I sign terms and conditions clauses, especially the one year tie in trap clause with £2000 fine if another estate agent approaches me to advertise the property for sale or lease.
    They never reply to my emails asking about how I cancel or when, or asking them to advertise it .
    I believe this is a breach of the Competition and markets authority.
    Breach OF Consumer Protection Unfair Trade Regulations 2008 also Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulation 1999.
    Mike Taylor
    Nottingham
    Nottinghamshire

Saima Aslam Mar 15, 2018

@michaeltaylor Hi what was your out come as I'm in the same situation and they are demanding 3 thousand off me

• Ga
    Gayle99 Aug 01, 2015

Wondering what the outcome was? Bruce & Co have supposedly been trying to sell our guest house for the past 4 years. We paid £1200 upfront and are now being charged £900 to terminate our contract even though they have done nothing in the last 4 years to earn it. I am reluctant to pay if there is any way I can avoid it.

• Sc
    Scott Beswick Aug 13, 2014

They ripped me off too, I'm in the process of going to court with them, but it is they who are taking me lol, they want £6222.30 because they couldn't sell my business & I inevitably had to liquidate my company!!
    I already had to pay an initial fee of around £1000 for them to start the sales process?? Not that I saw anything as they never kept contact or got viewings for me...

Scott Beswick
    Pontefract
    West Yorkshire

Saima Aslam Mar 15, 2018

@Scott Beswick Hi could I ask what your out come was please as there doing the same to me