busch gardens williamsburgOffensive to Christians

I have been a member of three different theme parks - two of which are owned by AB corporation. While my husband and I tried to close our eyes to the offensive things at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, we can no longer in good conscience support this park.

As Christians, we are extremely offended by the wizard store in the Ireland section which has satanic stars on some of the items they sell. That's family friendly??? Not to a Christian family - Jesus died for our sins and we're forced to be subjected to and with any financial contribution to help pay for) evil that spits in His face??? I'm ashamed that I closed my eyes to it for this long, but no more.

When approached about it, management has remained silent and even at one point refused to cancel our membership when we said we didn't want to be a party to this garbage through our financial contribution to the park. We'll see if they respond, but as of now nothing.

Also, the Hallo-scream event has "nurses" in Germany that should NOT be seen in public. The costumes are similar to those you'd find in a strip club and are - again - extremely offensive. I guess they may be trying to scare wives - maybe they are supposed to be home wreckers - but it is definitely NOT family friendly. And the show where these woman are is supposedly even worse. Is this their idea of values??!!

It's a shame this park has made such poor decisions because - outside of that garbage - it's a really fun place to go. But as Martin Luther King Jr. said "He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." http://www.brainyquote.com

Ultimately each individual has to decide whether or not it's worth supporting a place that sells things that are clearly an abomination to God, but as for us we and our financial contributions will stay far away from this corporation until they come back to their senses and care more about morality than popular culture.

• Ca
    CarmenG. Oct 21, 2011

The first commentor has had a liberal lobotomy, lol. I am a member of the theme park also, and though my issue with them is different, I too am seeking to cancel membership. Go with God and you can't go wrong themepark. Kudos for not caving to the prevailing "wisdom" * cough cough* of the day. It too shall pass. :)

• Ramelle Oct 21, 2011

Just because the world is going to hell doesn't mean we need to go along willingly. Thump on themepark.