Bellagio PersiansTwo very sick kittens

I bought two short hair exotics from Sheila. One ended up getting really sick, throwing up, fever. We got an X-ray and it showed he has an enlarged heart. Two weeks later he has a partial blocked bladder and is peeing blood everywhere. The vet said this is highly unusual for a young cat. Breeder calls me and says cat had a cold and can't bring him home for another two weeks I said okay and respect that. I bring cat home and it has a cold within a week. Kitten gets partially well but dot all the way. We go through this three times so I call breeder she says he has allergies. I take him to a board certified vet. Get CT scan shows he is deformed in nasal and brain area. $1400 for 2 cats and $3000 for vet bills. Sheila will take no responsibility for any of this. I have a broken heart and two ill cats. Their is no amount of money that can help these cats and they will suffer along with me for the duration of their life. I should have known when I got to her house and you have to walk over piles of dog poop to run! Not to mention I ended up with ring worm and had to take bleach baths.

Two very sick kittens

• Br
    BriBri14 Jan 15, 2016

JEBaker... I know this post is old so not sure if you will see it. Do you remember when in 2012 you bought Izzy? I got my cat Rufus from Sheila in December of 2012. He's been healthy but after reading your post it makes me concerned that he's sick and I don't know it. How was Izzy diagnosed? Did you know she was sick for 2 years or was it sudden? Any more information would be helpful. Thank you!

• Sh
    Shigh21809 Nov 19, 2015

I put down $200 for a kitten 3 years ago and Sheila stole all of my money! Told me I waited too long when it had only been a week. She was very rude and shady. So sorry to hear of this! :-(

• Je
    JEBaker Sep 13, 2014

Today We just put down our female cat that we bought from Sheila 2 years ago. Our cat Izzy had tiny nasal passages too and always struggled with her breathing. However this is not why we put her down. She was diagnosed with FIP a few months ago. Cats can be carriers of the corona virus but seldom does it turn into FIP (feline infectious peritonitis). Most of the time cats get it before they are 1 year old. If it does turn into FIP it is fatal. There is no cure! It is a wasting disease. Despite weeks of syringe feeding our poor girl she lost the battle and we had to put her down.

I tried to contact Sheila today to let her know about Izzy, but her website and email no longer exist. The corona virus is highly contagious so I wonder how many of he other kittens have died from this. I hope she is not breeding under a different name.

I'm sorry about your cats. It is heartbreaking. They become such a huge part of the family.