Bausch & Lomb Incorporated.cataract surgery using crystalens on both eyes

U Nov 16, 2019

In October of 2018 I had the cataract surgery on my right using the Crystalens that my Doctors suggested because I wanted the best vision possible. I was told I would not have to have glasses. In November of 2018 I had Cataract surgery on the left eye using the same procedure and the Crystalens. I paid 4850, 00 over and above the cost of the Surgery to get the Crystalens. When I came out of surgery my eyes were swollen so my Doctor said just give it some time. By mid December by yes we're even more foggy. I eventually had the YAG procedure whichI was told would get rid of the film on my eyes and. Use the foggy problem. The YAG procedure did not work so my Doctor suggested Glasses. I was living in St Petersburg at the time and getting ready to move back home to Tallahassee Florida so I decided to wait and see my eye Doctor. . My Doctor tested my eyes and then referred me to a Specialist for Vitrous Jelly on my eye. I had surgery on the left eye and then the right eye. It did not take care of the foggy problem I had but did clear up the slim I was seeing. I was then referred to a Cataract Doctor because there was trash particles up against they right Lens. I had Surgery again to to remove the trash. I was then seen for a month as follow up and my eyes did not clear up. Because I had not been able to see clearly for almost 2 years I just wanted to see. I was given a prescription for glasses. The Cataract Surgeon mentioned to me that they no longer used Crystalens because they were found to flatten out and cause foggy eyes. Even with the glasses my eyes are still foggy. I can't believe Bausch and Lomb is still using the Lens after all the complaints and reviews I've seen.

More Bausch & Lomb Incorporated. Complaints & Reviews