Barrister Global Services Networkthey don't pay their technicians!

J

I have been a contract technician for Barrister Global Services Network for 11 months. They are constantly late in paying me as a technician, and when I attempt to call their payment department, no one answers. Also, none of the emails I send regarding payment for the work I've done are replied to. This company is a SCAM. I did get them to pay me for late payments by telling one of their customers that I could not come out to the site because Barrister had not paid me, and I needed gas for my car. Barrister Global Services does not live up to their end of the contracts that they agree to with their technicians. They want me to get to the site on time, but once I complete the work for them, and expect to get paid (21 days after the work is complete)... They don't send a check. I did work for them that is 2 months old that I have not been paid for. They owe me $900, but I have seen none of it. Do not sign up as a computer technician for this company!

• Li
    lincro40 Dec 10, 2008

Barrister does have payment issues. I waited 2 months and only received payment when i emailed them a detailed listing stating when i had completed each job, job number and how many days had gone by since completition. I also put in there that failure to pay on time will result in no future work orders. You could complain to the FTC (federal Trade Commission) or to the state attorney general of Kentucky. I don't take many jobs from them these days because they won't pay on time but like to put it on the Techs as to why they don't.

They have started a new thing where you get a login id and can check the status of your work orders. Perhaps someone has complained already.
    It does seem that unless you call them on it, they won't pay.

Technician Dec 20, 2008

This company is pathetic inj their policies and the way they pay their techs, or rather, dont pay their techs.

• Wi
    willdabeast Jan 04, 2009

I have been with this company for 2 years now servicing the Davis and Sacramento regions in California. For most of the 2 years they have been paying me, but often there were major hassles in getting my money.

Past 3 months however, have been an absolute nightmare in getting paid. I would have a big pile of broken parts that needed to be shipped out since they claim they couldn't pay me for them, deducting me $100 for every single part when most of the parts didn't even exceed $10~$30 for stuff like power supplies even a freaking motherboard battery that was dead. Unfortunately, I can't send these in without shipping labels, and get this, the parts they claim haven't been sent in have been sent in and I showed them the tracking #'s then they claim that I used the same tracking # for all the parts which is against their shipping policy. I don't possibly see how they can stay in business much longer.

Even their customers are pissed off, as I can attest when I'm there fixing their stuff and they unload their frustrations on me. This company can burn in hell.

• Br
    brenbri575 Jan 27, 2009

I'm a customer whom, has been waiting on Barrister to give my tech the supplies which in this case is no more than a couple of C.D.'s to do a tatoo on my PC...Since the issues haven't been resolved since Oct-08, I'm not really expecting any changes of POOR Performance on Barrister.! If Barrister wants this Co. to last, they will need PTT phones / CD's made N ready for techs.Should have a fleet of vans w/ Barrister ad on side of vans. All supplies that would possibly be needed for job site. Fed-Ex has to be costing them more than part itself. In my case 3 motherboards N 3 hard drives..What's up w/ Barrister..Jus give me a new PC N save yourself the misery N costs your applying to yourselves, Poor Techs...

• Cc
    CC Ryder Feb 10, 2009

More often than not it is a hassle getting paid by them. They claim they didn't get your signed work order, etc. Outright lies.
    I'm to the point i don't know if i will ever do any more work for them.

• Sh
    shran Feb 11, 2009

I personally will NEVER do any more work for Barrister. I have not been paid for two jobs ($200 total) that have been in limbo for a long time. I cannot get in touch with anyone by phone or email and as stated above, their customers are VERY upset. I honestly don't know what to do. I have a right to be paid, their customers (MY customers!) have a right to have their stuff fixed, and nobody should have to go through this godawful hassle.

Barrister's latest threat of charging techs for various things is really the last straw for me. I refuse to do any work for a company that will attempt to charge ME for working for THEM. Especially when they can't seem to pay me on time.

• Cu
    cueball_tech Feb 26, 2009

I did several jobs for them when i first started doing contract labor in the pc industry. After fighting getting paid for several months and then their flat refusal to pay service calls that their tech support line sent me on i searched and found the company CEO & CFO email addresses and emailed them detailed messages and threatened to inform every customer of theirs that I knew of about how they conducted business on the contract tech side of the house. This led to me getting paid for SOME of the work that that they owed me for but even that was at a reduced rate. I have since watch a friend / coworker of mine attempt to do contracts for them through this "NEW SYSTEM" they have concocted, guess what...he is still waiting for the "check that is in the mail"...been 3 months for him too...
    I knew this company was trouble from the first time I spent 20 minutes listening to that stupid "CERTIFIED WOMAN OWNED BUSINESS" message everyone is forced to listen to!!! Any company that takes more pride in the gender of its CEO/OWNER instead of the quality of service its tech's offer its customers needs to fail!!!

Tech May 02, 2009

I am currently doing contract work for Barrister and have had nightmares getting paid. The (only) person in the 'payroll' department was getting help (of some sort). She's since left because it sucked for her to work there, so her helper has replaced her and she's an Angel (literally). She's at extension 246 and is willing to help since Melanie is gone. If you're still having trouble call them and see what they can do. Recently I had 'new' problems and found out my company name had been changed in their system and their program (ClearView) couldn't export to QuickBooks. Once fixed a bunch of money came.

However, this last check was sent to my home and I've had a P.O. box set up to receive payments because I had problems getting mail at the house. I didn't change anything again but poor Angel is fixing that. They do not know what they're doing, and worse, they don't care because it's a terrible work environment for many.

At Christmas I was owed nearly $3, 000 for an extremely large contract where I worked daily for over 2 weeks installing nearly 500 printers with a couple of other techs. I had to work with Debrah (the woman that 'owns' Barrister) and a few others to get paid. They overnighted the check (at my expense) and I NEVER will allow them to control my pay that way again. I work quite a bit for myself so, except for the work that resulted in over 100 hours I wait patiently for long periods (back then).

Since that time I've received checks almost weekly, but must ALWAYS speak to Angel when I find problems on the 'TechWa' web page, because their system sucks.

The biggest problem I have now (and I admit once the pay started coming regularly most of the other problems don't bother me as much) are the extremely high number of emails telling me they need closing information for calls that either aren't mine, or aren't due to be worked on. I get emails requesting parts back that I didn't replace, and I'll get messages that need some type of reply, but are addressed (or are getting replied) to NO REPLY. I get emails reminding me that I have a call to do and it was already done earlier that day. I mean a real full mailbox and very little time to read this useless crap, let alone respond, or call to attempt to stop them.

The number one issue though (and they recently sent out a request for techs to do a poll, it took me 2 1/2 hours to finish, since I'm 'wordy') is their automation. Because of automation they send emails telling me that I didn't do a call that I was never dispatched to, I'm threatened with a phone call from Barbara Scopes. So I call to speak to Barbara, she hasn't worked there in a while. The dispatchers and others are demoralized and the CEO/Owner told me via email less than week ago that it's all growing pains. Perhaps they're growing too fast with no foundation. Oh well, like I said, the money's coming lately so I keep doing the calls.

• As
    ashamed May 15, 2009

Unfortunately I feel all your pain, I am ashamed to say I do work for these people in a department that I will keep to myself due to the fact that I need a job at the moment. From day one at this place I knew I needed to keep my resume out there because the retention rate is high, so keep in mind when venting on us, more than likely we are short timers waiting to be told that we are no longer needed. The managers over the departments range from age 20 to 25, and more than likely work at Wal-Mart before coming here. It is like working in a sweatshop for these people with no light in sight, here is a fact we work 9 hour shifts with only a lunch break. I have read many unhappy tech postings and I will try to make each of your experiences with us as painless as possible but please keep in mind just because we are answering their phones does not mean we personally do business the way the owners want to run theirs, and I do believe I speak for the most of the people I know working for them. As for the systems, they do suck!!! And way they do things, its confusing to all of us.

• Jb
    jbfirebird May 21, 2009

ive been doing contract work for them for a bit over a year. as the normal complaints are, yes..they are always late. i have to call them every time to get something. they come back with the "it was needing authorization"

as of late, they really got my blood boiling.
    doing work on a color laserjet. the original work order was to diag. no prob. had to get on with tech support to verify. they changed the problem to possibly being the carousel. no biggie. ill install whatever you want. however, the secondary problem on the ticket. i also diaged and told them what i needed. it was the paper tray ASSEMBLY. which barristers third party gave them the part number and i verified on the three way call "ok, this is not the tray right? because i DO NOT need the tray" they verified that no, it isnt the tray. what do i get...the damn tray!.
    after installing the new part for the original problem, it was throwing up codes and everything else. in the meantime of waiting for an escalation, they send the part i needed for the paper tray assembly. or so i would have thought. what do i get again?! the damn paper tray! i made sure each time i said "no paper tray is needed!" went out to the customers site that day. obviously, i cant do the work with a wrong part, however. they told me to check carousel alignment for the primary issue. so, i had gone out there for something that i was told to do by barrister.

at this point, ive been on site 5 times. 70$ per trip. i get an email stating they arent paying me for one of the trips due to wrong parts being ordered! for something totally not my fault, they get fined by the warranty company, therefore fining me. penalizing me for incompetance of the barrister tech ordering wrong parts.
    not only that, they took me off the repair call!

i talked to the branch manager and reamed her out. basically giving me the "we still arent paying you for one of the trips". BS! i requested to talk to her boss. i then got the excuse "im the branch manager here"
    my reply. "thats fine, but you also have a boss. i want to talk to that person" so, ill be waiting on an email that probably wont come. so, if someone could get me the CEO email or contact info. that would be great. email me at jbfirebird69 @ hotmail

at some point, i will stop doing work for them. right now, i can use the money

Tech May 27, 2009

They still suck. I like having calls fill in between mine since I'm not doing as many calls as I had been. Now the wait times to clear a call, or to ask if one is available is nearly half an hour. After receiving a call yesterday, I didn't get the email with the details so I called in. The call was given to someone else. I'd already scheduled my day (not hard to recover from) but had spent tons of time trying to get a service call from them.

Debra "the owner" is so excited by the new contract with the Social Security Administration that she's pretty much let everything else fall apart.

Luckily no one counts on them for their livelihood (except for the employees on site there on Happywood Lane) so I guess I won't miss them. The one saving grace (if there's one) is that Debra actually reads and responds to her emails. If only there was an actual change AFTER speaking to her. She talks a good game, just doesn't deliver

• Hi
    Highly embarrased May 27, 2009

Oh, you poor, poor techs...I'm in the same boat as Ashamed. I work for these people in their home office, and I'll even go so far as to say...yes, I am one of the techs that you unfortunate souls have to talk to when you want to call in and order a part. Believe me, we try our damnest to get you guys the parts you need so you can complete your onsite trips and get paid. If you think it's hard to try and get your work done, imagine what we have to go through...you guys call in ALL DAY from ALL OVER THE COUNTRY and aside from trying to order your parts, wealso have to handle the call cues from the residential customers that got suckered into buying an extended warranty on their computer and want to know why we can't help them run a recovery on their computer when, really, that's all they need. Instead, they end up waiting in our cue for sometimes 30-40 minutes (one really determined guy stayed on hold a record 1hr. 12 minutes) and they're not there because we don't want to answer the phone, or that we're lazy, we simply don't have enough people to handle the call volume! I've worked in tech support for 2 other companies, and they had TWICE as many techs to handle probably a THIRD of the call volume that we get. Also, what Ashamed said about our hours is true. Louisiana labor law states that for every 8 hours of work, you get 2 15 minute breaks. But not at Barrister, noooo. I had one of the higher ups ask me what I was doing away from my desk when I was trying to make a dash for the bathroom since I'd been on calls for 3 hours straight.

So, in closing, we do understand what you're going through, because we're going through it too. I haven't been working there long enough to know how the techs get paid, but I do know that they tell us to look for any excuse to fill out a "NO PAY" form on ya'll (break a part, show up late, etc.) We don't want to do it because, after all, we're techs too and we know you guys work hard to get our customers going again. Just believe me, we try to make your jobs easier because when you guys are able to get the customers going, it makes OUR jobs easier. Remember, WE are the ones who get fired when Debra wants to know why Tech Support has so many service level misses and complaints.

Please, please, please...we're doing our best, and if it wasn't for my precious little girl, I would have NEVER even given this company a resume. Remember that before you vent in my ear for 15 minutes straight.

• He
    helpless contract employee Jun 09, 2009

I've been working as a contract employee for one of Barrister's lovely little projects for about 4 1/2-5 months now. I didn't really have too many problems other than the fact that they started our "project" with out thinking things through and now in less than a month I'll be out of a job (in a very very tough economy) struggling to pay my bills.

We didn't have problems at first but in the last month or so, the person who was put in charge of our "account" has failed to produce less than stellar work. We've been lied to about a number of things, including the fact that our store is now closing.

For those looking for the CEO information, here it is...

John S. Bowers, III
    Barrister Global Services Network, Inc.
    42548 Happywoods Road
    Hammond, LA 70403

Phone:[protected]

Fax:[protected]

E-mail:

Techman Jun 24, 2009

I worked for them several years ago and had the same problems. They would neglect to include a return slip, forget to provide one when informed that the return slip was missing, and then refuse to pay. Happened all the time. One customer's machine had a broken USB port on the front of the case, and after a YEAR of calling back and forth they never could figure out what part I needed, despite even sending pictures. But the worst one, which still has me mad, years later, is when they called me up in a panic, begged me to go out on a call right away (for a high profile customer) because the tech assigned flaked out on them, so I bust my butt getting on site and resolving the problem (rather touchy and complicated, BTW, something most techs would have had to escalate), in essence, I saved Barrister's reputation in the sight of this very large company. I submit my completion report, and when no check shows up, I call to see where it is and I get told "You weren't the tech assigned to that job". Excuse me???? I have the completion report, I have the manager's signature, I have the e-mail YOU sent me sending me out, with emergency authorization, and you won't pay me because I wasn't the original tech, who left you guys high and dry? I save your butt and you won't pay me for it????

The last straw was when Hurricane Katrina hit and they shut down for 3 months. I never got paid for anything I submitted the month before the hurricane, and I never will.

BGSN Jul 01, 2009

Barrister has been in business for over 35 years, serving customers throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. We have business relationships with most of the major OEM manufacturers and companies in the United States. We are a strong, capable company with a proven history of successful operation. Barrister representatives speak with every technician who is assigned a job. The rate is offered verbally. Once the technician accepts the rate, the technician is emailed dispatch paperwork where the rate is clearly specified. That paperwork including the rate serves as the agreement between Barrister and the technician. Technicians are urged to review the paperwork prior to performing the service and to immediately contact our dispatch team upon receipt of paperwork if there are any questions, concerns or if the rate is not clearly stated or different from what the technician agreed upon. Once the tech has accepted the rate, and performed the work, Barrister is unable to adjust the rate as we have dispatched the work to the tech at a rate at which we may bill our customer. We care a great deal about the perception of a client or a vendor and anyone with a concern should access company management via our company website www.barrister.com.

Tech Jul 01, 2009

Please note this 'unidentified' person makes claims that

1. Have nothing to do with most of the allegations made against the company

2. Use vague language like: urge, perception, verbally and 'immediately contact'. Immediately is not something you can do with any method of reaching them.

3. Don't address anything, mostly it's a poorly written diatribe explaining that Barrister has existed, pays what they verbally agree on (but that's TOTALLY disputed by most in previous posts) and I guess we're to infer that somehow when technicians aren't paid, it's because THEY messed up.

Sorry, there's too little to believe from this unnamed 'representative' but I'm here to tell you that if I didn't 'babysit' Barrister to get paid, there are and were times that I'd never see it. Oh, they jump yer goat to get on board doing calls that are sometimes a nightmare, usually because someone else went ahead of you (none of this is in the 'emailed' dispatch paperwork). Anyone that claims that Barrister is strong and capable is merely lying or uninformed. There are a lot of nice people and many capable working there. That does NOT mean the program works as it should, and more importantly, it doesn't mean that even though the upper echelon knows there are problems, that they're not addressed. The place needs a complete overhaul.

the downfall of barrister Jul 20, 2009

the schmo representative there, trying to give barrister some sort credibility, needs to have their head removed from their behind.
    GREAT! you have been around for 35 years! so, that means you have been screwing your techs over for that long also, i would imagine? its been over 2 months since i posted about my issue of not being paid. guess what. i still havent been paid. the last job ive been on...over a month has passed. guess what. havent been paid for that yet either.
    angel says "ill look into it". but my guess is, that was just to put my mind at ease. in the meantime, they will forget about my case in hopes that i also forget about it and stop chasing the elusive purple dragon around, called "my paycheck".
    they are this close to having a complaint filed on them through different organizations. if they wont fix themselves, im sure a bad reputation through many places will make them think about it.

BGSNpayissues Jul 28, 2009

As with any job, you must perform certain tasks to be compensated. Some employees punch a time clock; some submit expense reports while others must submit appropriate paperwork to receive payment for a job completed. A Barrister representative is not with the Technicians while on site therefore; we rely on the Technicians to submit the requested information to process payment accordingly. We ask that any Technicians with pay issues email their BASID and Work Order/ Service Order number with their concerns to [email protected] We are continually working to streamline the Corporate Office and Technician relationship to ensure that we are all successful and prosperous.

Tech Jul 28, 2009

BGSN pay issues makes good points (they're obvious so it's hard to dispute that some people punch a time clock etc) but doesn't address the issue at hand. I contend that I've been paid every penny due. It took some work and before Angel it was terrible, but... there are many that haven't been paid for some reason or other. I spoke with Gerry Solis and came away thinking that some things might be fixed. However, to this date none of the issues I spoke of have been dealt with directly to my knowledge. One of the issues is the way you receive calls now is almost always by staying vigilant about the emails that come to us and we must reply in time to receive a call. Unfortunately, by the time you call you're told the call has been given out. Simple enough, but how much extra time now must be spent by technicians calling to be told the call has been dispatched. How much time must the TAG dept spend telling everyone that calls that the call is no longer available. By emailing us the fact that the call is gone, you might prevent wasted time on hold (boy does Barrister need to hire more people) and the people at Barrister's offices can do other things.

They could put up a real time 'board' on their corporate web site but that might be a little difficult. Barrister doesn't seem to have a lot of things together logistically and that might put a tax on them technically. The TechWA thing should be a good example, despite Gerry's claim that it's all a tech needs to do calls. When you receive emails, they claim the hours for the TAG dept is 7 am to 7pm. It hasn't been in all of the time I've been with Barrister. It appears to be a simple thing to change, but the 'powers that be' think that other things (I don't know what they are) show just how dedicated they are to making this work.

Good luck to all, especially Angel

Comments

the downfall of barrister Jul 28, 2009

BGSN payissues...do u even read previous things that were typed? or are you saying what your boss tells you to, to try to save face?
    PROBLEM NUMBER 1 is: you find reasons, at times, to not pay people. OR are very slow at it. this is by far the worst company i have EVER worked for when it comes to money. barrister throws the responsibility for a problem on someone else to save themselves money.
    angel means well. however, her incompetent supervisor is the one that is in control. this supervisor will not listen to reason for any issue. like i said before, the problem i had was YOUR (barrister) tech support ordered the wrong part AFTER i had made sure 2-3 times during that call, that i wouldnt get the wrong part AGAIN. they ensured the part number. we were seeing eye to eye on what was needed. now, mind you, i had 2 people on the phone with me. barrister tech, and their HP rep. the HP rep is the one that told part number. HE knew what i was speaking of. yet, i get penalized for him giving barrister the wrong number, or barrister just being stupid and ordering it wrong. EITHER WAY, i get penalized. perhaps i will start penalizing barrister for late payments.

but, in the end. i will recieve my money. i will just up my rate until i accumulate what they owe me.

• Mr
    Mr Weed-O Jul 29, 2009

Mr Weed-O

I am sorry but I have not had the problems I see here on this complaint board web site. I get paid although a little late sometimes, but I have not missed a payment yet for about 1 year or so. I keep track of the jobs that I do and fax the work orders over the same night even if the job is not completed. I always call to make sure dispatch knows what happen on the job and sometimes will talk to the account manager.

It’s a little difficult to get all the request they make in order and sometimes working with 2 or 3 different account managers makes the job a little more than it should be. I believe the pay is sometimes a little low for the worked asked for, but when I am able to complete 2 or 3 work orders of the same pay at the same location, I make out ok.

In all honesty I will try to look at what I am doing right or wrong. Make every effort to correct my mistakes and communicate with Barrister. That has always been a good experience for me and works out in the end.

My suggestion here is make sure you are right and do the extra effort to service your customer, Barrister. If for some reason the technical ability is missing, then you are learning on Barrister dime and who is going to be held liable for our mistakes? Barrister not us. We will just get fired, but they have to fix the problem wither it’s our knowhow or Barrister’s mistake. The other issue I see here is this “sounding board” should get together and make a joint effort to somehow approach Barrister and any legal action needed.

I my life I had to stand alone, at first, against company managers, bosses, and who ever is “the man in charge”. If 1 person takes a stand and gets the rest of you all to seriously join in, you may make a difference. That is, if what you say is worth fighting for? I stood alone, but in each case, others saw what I am doing and chime in too. I used the companies own guidelines to trip them up. Staying right in the boundaries they lay out and held them accountable for their actions in their “company’s procedures”. One of these fights lasted a year, but I did ok in the end and so did my fellow employees.

Be careful what you ask for, it may make it better or worst for the rest of us still working with Barrister. I know one thing, when a group of people get together it’s hard not to be heard and even harder to ignored.

• Ca
    Cales for Service Aug 03, 2009

I have a service company with several techs and I myself have been in hardware service sense 1968 and it is plain to see the people running this company has no idea what they are doing. They require techs to call upon arrival, call tech support, call upon closing and each time techs are on hold sometimes for over an hour. Then look for an excuess not to pay. For instance one of my techs was on hold over an hour to tech support and I had dispatched another call to him. After I found he had been on hold that long I instructed him to hang up and run the next call. Then Barrister refused to pay bacause the tech did not do what tech support instructed him to do. HOW COULD HE IF HE CAN'T GET INTOUCH WITH TECH SUPPORT. My bussiness does not depend upon Barrister there for I will never run another call for them and if you are smart as a tech you want waist your time with them either.

Tech Aug 03, 2009

I've had a terribly difficult time as well getting a hold of tech support. I usually hold for a long time as I exit the call (I never EVER close a call or get in the tech support queue at the customer's site, it's embarrassing to let them see how long we hold, even though the customer has gone through the same thing reporting their original problem, and it wastes time) and since I'm on my cell phone I usually end up going through a 'dead zone' eventually waiting for them. I have however, called to update my information and leave a message for tech support to call me regarding the problem. They eventually call, it takes a while since there are so few there to handle the calls. The biggest problem is (for some reason) the high number of DOA motherboards that are showing up from Blue Raven (or whatever their name is) and ANY need for a part involves getting in touch with TS.

There are LOTS of problems that Barrister has but just like you "Cales for Service' I don't count on them for all of my calls, but it's nice to throw $50 in between the calls that I do have, and despite having to work REALLY hard for my money (I mean AFTER I've provided the service they're paying me to do) I have always (Eventually) received the money due to me.

The way that they dispatch, the incessant use of automated emails that are directed at the wrong person, or about the wrong customer, the number of people supporting us in the field, and many very simple parts of service are indeed suffering at Barrister Global Services Network, but... so far for me, it's worked, with tons of patience on my part and quite a bit of apologizing for the seemingly poorly cared for customers. I would not recommend another tech to do this for them, but so far, it's just like having my teeth pulled. When they start taking my eyeballs, I guess I'll let 'em rot with the corpses of the customer's belief that they'd purchased a "Be All to End All" service warranty.

BGSN Aug 11, 2009

Barrister Global Services Network, Inc. pays thousands of technicians every year, who perform work for us and follow the very simple processes involved. Unfortunately, there are some individuals who hear only what they want to hear, and do not fully read and comprehend the information provided prior to accepting a service call. The rate of pay is clearly shown on the dispatch paperwork that is provided. Most of our work orders are dispatched at “flat” rates and that info is clearly on the paperwork. Some individuals insist that they agreed to “hourly” rates when the dispatchers have advised them of a flat rate and the paperwork shows the rate paid will be a flat rate. We provide individuals in our accounting department who will work with a technician to help him or her resolve a pay issue. If a technician did not return a part or failed to provide a receipt for service, then, there is nothing further we can do for him or her because they did not follow the process that is provided to them, in writing, at the time of dispatch. Simply because an individual does not like our policies or elects not to comply does not make us a company who does not pay its bills. There is a responsibility that exists in every business relationship for each party to do their part. When a tech fails to do his, Barrister may be characterized as the “bad guy”, but it is simply not not true.

Tech Aug 11, 2009

IF any of this dribble were entirely true the person posting would give a NAME. I know for a fact that while I've been paid (although I've had entire calls 'disappear' from my TechWA listing) there are a lot of people NOT getting paid. This person (whoever it is) claims there are very simple process involved.

First, before a call can be 'given' to a technician, most technicians have to wait for an email to show up with NO information except possibly the city involved. There is supposed to be an area that you're in that would define your 'territory'. Other than that, until you receive the call, you don't know where it's had, if it's a residential call, if another technician started the call and there are MANY caveats that you don't find out about until you receive the RFS. The flat rate is almost ALWAYS the case, but I don't remember THAT being the issue regarding pay.

BGSN Provides ONE individual. ONE! (Until about last week when Angel went on vacation). No one is claiming that they didn't send a part back and didn't get paid. No one claims they didn't follow the process (although that may be what you're claiming, without any proof or at least acknowledgement) and suffered no pay. I'm reading that every step was followed and Barrister STILL didn't pay. I know that I've been paid everything due (except for the recent dissapearance from my closed calls listed on TechWA. I've left a message for the case manager but haven't heard back yet) but ONLY with a lot of extra (uncompensated) work. Not by simply following directions but finding out people at Barrister made mistakes (yep, they're human!) but seem to blame the technician at all costs. Look up at BGSN's folly up there ^^^^. Technician's make mistakes too, but those aren't the cases discussed here, or at least that's not what I believe the techs are talking about.

This BGNS says there is a responsibility that exists in every business... EXACTLY! So, when I get dispatched to do a call and I drive all the way to Fed-Ex to pick up the part for the call this another ten miles down the road, and then I get a call cancelling that call, perhaps the $25 charge that Barrister claims they'd pay should be paid.

I find it interesting that the word simple, or simply is used a lot in the Barrister mouthpiece's excuses up there. ^^^ Almost nothing done by Barrister is done simply. They email me automatic emails for calls that I have never recieved. Others I get reminding me of appointments for calls that either have not been made, or needing closure for calls before an appointment is due. Then once a call has been performed, they show the call as being on hold for a couple of weeks. It takes longer for these calls to come off of hold that it took to jump like a puppy to get the call dispatched to you, set up an appointment with the customer for doing the call, go diagnose the call and order a part, (waiting for hours to SIMPLY wait on hold for Technical Support because that's the only way to order a part), track the part for the call, set up the new appointment, go to the call again (calling upon arrival, as if THAT'S possible) install the part, beg sometimes for a lablel (TechWA's helped a little there), send the part back, close the call, fax the RFS and BEG to close the call. Imagine the SIMPLICITY!

Every defense I've seen from Barrister 'hacks' (no offense intended) it's usually about the technician's errors. I've got reams and REAMS of Barrister mistakes that could cause a lot of these errors. Fixing them would be more responsible BGSN. It would certainly go a long way towards being honest.

In closing, perhaps BGSN is correct in saying that when a tech fails to do their part, Barrister shouldn't be characterized as the 'bad guy'. But since BGSN says, "not not true" perhaps she (the odds of the gender are very high, and being named Debra(h) is high too since there a lot of Debbies, Deborahs and Debras) means true...

• Fo
    #former_bgsn_tech01 Aug 14, 2009

I was a technician with them for a decent period of time. I did two calls for them, two trips each @ $55 /trip, totalling $220. When payment was due, they claimed my W9 wasn't on file (I E-mailed it in once, faxed twice), so I faxed it in again. Payment never arrived. I decided to cut my losses and just not deal with this "company" again.

Well, about six months later, I started doing calls for a friend of mine because his volume was real high - some of these were Barrister calls. My first month doing this I racked up an $1100 cell phone bill before having the insight to switch to an unlimited plan - my fault, yes, but it shows you how much time was spent on the phone - most of it was on hold.

When I started doing calls for my buddy, he'd been working for Barrister for somewhere in the ballpark of 12-18 months - and they'd racked up nearly $10k (yes, ten thousand dollars) in unpaid calls, dating back as many as 10 months in the most extreme of cases. We continued doing calls for about 6 more months, when their unpaid total hit $15k or so (this is in spite of the fact that some calls were being paid on-time) and we halted service for them, saying that service would resume once their unpaid balance came down to somewhere in the ballpark of $0.

This is when we were made aware of their $25 trip charge "policy". We're quite aware that it's on the paperwork now, but we've got the RFS for every call we've ever done for them, and not a single one mentions it. News flash, ladies of BGSN - $25 doesn't even cover gas, tolls, and parking when we have to drive 110 miles to get to the call; nobody would ever agree to one of these calls if there's a significant chance they're going to take an economic loss as a result of it, before even taking into account the time spent.

There were also calls that were completely unpaid, them claiming that they never received RFSs for - by the time we halted service, we were faxing in every RFS that was still unpaid in triplicate every night. Still they said they weren't getting it. We're still owed a significant sum, but nothing compared to fifteen grand.

• Pc
    PCTech4484 Aug 18, 2009

I've been working with Barrister for nearly a year now and after waiting for almost two months to be paid for every work order after completion(always had to email "pay issues"), I will most likely no longer do calls for them until they become more professional and MUCH MORE organized.Though they seem to be a "half-decent" company, not paying techs for month's at a time or being placed on hold for an hour or more while onsite, is a very unprofessional way of doing business.

BGSN Aug 20, 2009

Barrister Global Services Network, Inc prides itself on being a very diverse company. As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer we do not discriminate based on gender or race. As referenced in a previous post, we do employ many women as well as men.

Pay Issues-
    Generally, checks are prepared the Friday following the 21st day of completion of a service call. In order for a check to be released, a technician must have followed the processes outlined in the work order, which include calling in from the site to update the ticket, faxing or emailing a signed receipt for service from the customer and the return on the "core" or used part back to the parts vendor who shipped the new part. All of these details are in the work order received by the technician when he accepts assignment of the service ticket. If any of the processes are not completed, the payment is not released until they are met.

It has also been stated in a previous post that we do not address direct issues that have been posted. Unfortunately, I do not have the information I need to look into these pay issues further. If any technicians that have posted an issue on complaintsboard would send the details of the unpaid work orders and reference this site, I will look into the matter and try to make a fair determination ([email protected]). In business, there are situations where each party feels they are correct. My solution in handling these matters is to offer a fair solution in an effort to resolve the matter and free both of us to move forward with our business responsibilities.

Tech Aug 20, 2009

Sorry, but calling from the site to update the ticket would require getting a room at the customer's location. I've waited literally hours for either technical support, or customer service so that I could order a part, or to update a call. While I"ve heard stories about new people being trained, and attempts at fixing these problems, they aren't fixed yet. The cores are sent pack to Barrister, mine was signed for by Joey TODAY. I know your expertise is in the pay part, but to characterize the issues as 'always' being the technician's fault because something didn't get signed, or the call wasn't made is ludicrous (and not the hippety, hoppety one) There are many technicians claiming that they don't get answers to questions, updates on information, et al, THOSE are the issues that are appalling. You may believe you deal in a fair way, but YOU'RE not always there, you're not always involved, and most importantly, you're not the boss. That's where the buck stops.

Let's see if we can't have better communication and that in itself might fix some things. But to have emails sent, only (and not ALWAYS only but...) to have automated responses and then the REAL answer doesn't appear to be forthcoming, is aggravating and is unacceptable. Except of course, there is no recourse except to complain and receive responses that Barrister prides itself on being diverse (who accused Barrister of being an old boy's network? Heck, the long winded greetings on the phone explains that Barrister is, and I quote: "North America's oldest and largest certified woman-owned independant provider of multivendor information technology support services) or other such things. There are real issues here, and while you can't address the specifics, you could either let them stand as real accusations instead of trying to deny the accusations by asserting that, "many people have received checks". I'm not trying to knock you so much as I'm trying to show you that there's a lot of frustration (I know of three techs that have quit, and you must know that MOST techs don't know other techs that work for Barrister). Anyway, there's lots of room for improvement, but to expect techs to put in what amounts to overtime, if they're supposed to close or update calls from the site is terrible. While it is outlined in the RFS, very few calls could be completed, and in your previous posts you admitted that most calls are flat rates. So, what's Barrister's incentive to cut down on hold times? They've got you by the short ones if you follow their scheme. G'day

• Fd
    fdat Aug 21, 2009

Barrister Global Services Network www.barrister.com
    They just called me today and said they were looking for someone in my area to replace a network card. I go to the customer’s house and the network card that they sent the man was damaged. I call at 2:15pm and was on hold until I hung up at 3:30. I left the customers house and called again from my office at 4 and was on hold again until after 5 (thank god for speaker phone) I was told by a man that he would call me back in 2 minutes but he never called. What a waste of a day. This company is crap don't use them. Find something else.

• Be
    Best Techs Aug 25, 2009

I have been servicing Barrister service calls in the Metro Detroit area for the past two years. I have had issues in the past receiving my checks in a timely fashion. When contacting Barrister, I found it very hard to deal with and get timely responses from the last person who was the technician payment specialist.

Since Angel has taken on the current position, I have had all issues resolved. She is very curteous and pleasant. She is very informed and is knowledgeable of how to do her job. She responds to my inquiries in a timely fashion and she has resolved my issues.

Angel is very competent and works in a timely fashion to resolve all issues. Any questions or concerns I had concerning payments and other issues, I have heard back from her in a timely fashion via e-mail and/or phone.

For those other technicians that are with Barrister, I suggest you deal with Angel to get payment issues resolved as she capable of doing her job and works quickly to resolve issues.

• Un
    unhappywife Sep 15, 2009

My husband is a technician for Barrister. We have two young children and are busting are butts to make ends meet. the past four paychecks have all been late. right now my husband is waiting on a check that was due months ago. . . . check was supposed to be sent out two weeks ago according to the person spoke to. . . two weeks later still no check. . . if it wasn't for the kids this job could kiss his !(@. . . . they are undeniably the worst company ever. i will be posting me blogs about this company in the near future so they can look forward to be smeared.

BGSN Sep 23, 2009

We have set up a dedicated email with several team members working to address any issues. If you feel that you are owed money or have a legitimate complaint that you would like to address please contact us at [email protected] You will receive a response within 24 hours.

• G3
    G33k109 Oct 13, 2009

I have been contacted by barrister today by email. I can't even remember submitting my resume to them. I tried to follow the link in the email and was given an invalid SSL cert. NICE! So my suspicions were being confirmed and I set out to google them, and what did I find? An IT company that seems an awful lot like Jim Walter Homes. I had done business with them as a carpenter and was far from pleased. Their higher ups were nothing but bigots who sat on the ideas of the younger more intelligent crowd just to save their crooked a$$. Anyone thinking outside the box was let go and so on. Smells familiar. Oh yeah here are some keywords for the google bots.. "Iran" "Afghanistan" "Iraq" "Health Care" "Acorn" "IT Careers" "A+ Cert" "A+ Jobs" "Obama" "Bernie Madoff wins prison fight" "Obama and Gays"

• St
    StayAwayFromBarrister! Oct 15, 2009

UGH I worked for Barrister starting in January of 2008 in the greater Los Angeles area. When I finally left the company in April of 2008 I was owed well over $2, 500 due to unpaid service calls... [email protected] is a JOKE they *lose* paperwork and claim parts never arrived even though ups confirms delivered. What they don't tell you is that just because you did everything you were supposed to do, including properly filling out paperwork, returning parts immediately, faxing AND emailing every RFS every night does NOT mean they are going to do everything they are supposed to do. If they lose the paperwork or the parts get lost in transit (failure of ups or dhl) they wont pay you until 21 days AFTER they *find* your paperwork or they actually check themselves that the part has been delivered to the destination. On top of that the hold times to close your calls or order parts or get support often exceeded 2 hours... STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! Their largest contract; Hewlett Packard specifically dropped them in June of 2008 for their horrible service record...

It took an sending an email to everyone that I could get an email address for to get any sort of action and even today well over a year later they still owe me over $400 in unpaid service calls. They also refuse to remove me from their active list of technicians. They frequently call me freaking out because I didn't answer the phone and a call was assigned to me, every time I tell them I quit a year ago and to stop calling me...

Here is the list of email addresses I contacted to finally get paid... (Including the CEO, CIO and CFO. Its kind of interesting that the names of theses employees are not on their website anymore...)

BGSN Oct 15, 2009

The claims of "StayAwayFromBarrister" are false. Atleast 1/2 of the emails are incorrect. If you would like a complete list of emails feel free to email us at [email protected]

As previously posted checks are prepared the Friday following the 21st day of completion of a service call. This is to allow all paperwork to be processed by the tech, customer, & Barrister. In order for a check to be released, a technician must have followed the processes outlined in the work order, which include calling in from the site to update the ticket, faxing or emailing a signed receipt for service from the customer and the return on the "core" or used part back to the parts vendor who shipped the new part. All of these details are in the work order received by the technician when he accepts assignment of the service ticket. If any of the processes are not completed, the payment is not released until they are met.

The claim made that Barrister was "dropped" is completely false.

Feel free to email us at that address if you would like to be removed our system.

the downfall of barrister Oct 15, 2009

BGSN- you continually defend your company; barrister. you still insist that contacting pay issues will fix the problem. if that is the case, why is it that there are so many of us still not paid?! ive been trying to get paid for the last 6-8 months. if i dont call you guys, you definately dont call me to try to resolve it. i get the same song and dance from everyone i talk. including angel in pay issues. "ill look into it and ill call you back when i find out whats going on". the last time i called was 3 months ago. you know how many times someone tried to contact me since then? none.

so, you can play the "my company does nothing wrong" bit, but until you fix yourselves, your company is still not paying all of their people. you need to fix yourselves now. not push the junk under the carpet like you have been

BGSN Oct 15, 2009

Again, as we have posted more than once, if you feel that you have a legitimate complaint that you would like to address please contact us at [email protected] You will receive a response within 24 hours.

We cannot address general complaints posted without the details. Please contact us if you would like to resolve this issue.

the downfall of barrister Oct 15, 2009

how many times does someone have to post them to you...i had to go as far as going to the ceo AND the owner of the company to have anyone even respond. after that, i got pushed to the wayside. so, you can take your [email protected], and shove it. BECAUSE IT SURE DOESNT WORK

BGSN Oct 15, 2009

The person posting as "The downfall of Barrister" has not contacted [email protected] There has been no attempt on their part to address the issue at hand except through web posts. Therefore, Barrister cannot atempt to resolve any issue at this time.