Auction MonsterUnauthorized charges to my account!

I ordered the ebay sales training tool kit. It was supposed to be free, just pay shipping and handling. They charged my account $59.95 and caused my account to be overdrawn. I called the number thats on the site. [protected]. They said the charge is for monthly website hosting. Nowhere in any of the information that I have says anything about being charged for this. Once they have your card number they just charge whatever the funk they want. I created such a fuss on the phone they said they reimbursed my account and cancel my order.

• Cn
    C. Nicole Brown Jun 16, 2007

They just did the same thing to me. I am pissed! Thieves!!!

• Ab
    abdur Jun 17, 2007

Yes it happened to me same couple months ago. As they say 1.87 is fee. I request to ebayer or money making sites or doing fraud. Once inter cc they charge in minutes and got surprise we got cc statements.

Auction Monster auction is big fraud scamer.

• Ae
    A Everhart Jun 18, 2007

Thank You for posting these complaints, I was about to submit my information and thought I'd do an online search first... I sure am glad I did... I can't have bounced check fees at $35.00 a pop from them taking $60.00 from me!!! Again thanks!!

• Kh
    K Hawkins Jun 20, 2007

I never heard of or order a thing from them. Yet they and several other purchases have been charged to my account. Someone out there has to be selling or stealing cc info to these scam artists... I've canceled my cc and reported the fraudulent charges... it reallying bugging me though how these people got my info .. and how they keep getting away with it. From what i can gather on other discussions on this board it seems to be a very common occurrence. And it most definitely needs to be stopped. I believe I have been very careful with who i dealt with and gave my cc info too but I guess I will definitely have to look a lot harder at what internet companies i do business with in the future. Someone out there is not all they claim to be.

• Ri
    Richard Harvie Jun 20, 2007

I just got stun in Adelaide Australia with Auction Monster--their e-Bay booklet refused to download properly--then they started to help themselves to my Credit Card-=-the bummer is waiting for a new card--& notifying people that my Credit Card exists no longer--a*****les!!

jon T. Jun 21, 2007

This scam started out with a free offer and silently charging people a fee. They should be shut down by ebay otherwise Ebay will get a bad rep.

If anyone see a charge on your bank or cc statement: MC-DR *AUCTION MONSTER 866-897-0662 CO that's the scam... beware!!!

Dean Hollis Jun 25, 2007

The same has happened to me. - Brisbane Australia

• Je
    jeff Petti Jun 27, 2007

I am another victim.... They just charged my account with an indiscriminate amount.

• Mo
    mongkol jirachaiskul Jun 27, 2007

I found my account have been charged by the auction monster $64.90 after s&h have been charged $2.02 as same as any victims. Why ebay let them scam because they used ebay logo for hook the victim I thought most of all are ebayer. Someone tell me how to do with this fraud.

• Ra
    Rachel Wade Jun 28, 2007

I was charged the incorrect amount never received the goods and this charge was repeated. Very annoyed.

• To
    Tom Crittenden Jun 28, 2007

Same thing just happened to me (small charge followed by $59.95), although I never had any type of transaction with these people. I have no idea how they got my credit card number unless eBay / PayPal security has failed. I would suggest disputing any charge from Auction Monster.

• Ha
    Haydyn Dorrough Jun 29, 2007

Purchased EBay instructions and free plus P&H. Now charging my credit card US$ 60.00 per month.

• Kh
    K Hawkins Jun 30, 2007

Well i canceled my account and disputed all four non authorized charges. The 1.87 auction monster charge was credited back to my account by the bank and a 49.22 charge by valenterprises was canceled. And recredited to my account by the charger (who had called me at home before shipping their product which time i told them i did not authorize the purchase ) and two other small charges are under investigation. All four charges are each under different company names but were all made on the same day and must be related.

• Br
    bridget sabourin Jul 01, 2007

The tape I ordered was supposed to be free, but I still had to pay for shipping and handling. Now my credit card has been charged 2months in a row for 59.95! I now have to report this to my credit card company and try to get this company to refund my money.

• Na
    nathan Jul 03, 2007

Did anybody read the disclosures link stating after the free 14 day trial, there will be a $59.95 monthly charge on your credit card and another monthly charge for about $12.99 per month membership for discount for buying their products at discount? The link is available before you agree for the $1.87 plus tax charge.

• Ad
    Adeola Lawal Jul 07, 2007

I was charged indiscriminately without purchasing anything from auction monster. Kindly cancel the monthly charges off my account and refund the £70 deducted from my account.

Dean Hollis Jul 08, 2007

When i became aware of what had happed i called 800-609-5118. They refunded the money no questions asked.

Debbie Jul 08, 2007

I just noticed this charge of 59.95 from my checking account and I do not order anything and do not use eBay. What the heck is this"? I have notified my bank and will contact the company and notified the Better Business in addition I plan to contact an attorney.

I would like to know how a company can access someone's account and fraudulently withdrawal without consequences.

Debbie

• Pa
    Paul Jul 14, 2007

I am getting a real headache from this fraudulent company. They never contact be back. I hve been trying to cancel my account with calls messages, in writing and emails since the day I opened it and have had no confirmation reply. The terms state that I had the right to cancel within the first 3 days. On the fourth day, money was taken from my credit card - this is a scam website...

Calling their number from the UK, I just seem to be on hold permanently (which costs more money I don''t have!).

Paul.

Angela Wood Jul 18, 2007

I've been stung by this group of scammers too. The most annoying thing is that I'd never heard of them until I saw the Company name on my cc statement! According to my cc company they took £2.88 in May, then another £34.11 on 28 June 2007.

All of us who have so far made a complaint appear to have a common link - eBay & Paypal. This makes me think there's something wrong with their site security. I'm 199% certain that I've definitely bought anything from this company, so something fraudulent is happening somewhere and costing all of us a great deal of heartache (& money!)

I'm now attempting to claim my money back from my cc - fingers crossed that I succeed. I can't afford for someone to be stealing money from me each month.
    Have tried to contact them on the number given and sat on hold for approx 15mins - another expensive phone call!!

Angela Wood Jul 18, 2007

Sorry, my previous posting should have said "I'm 199% certain I've definitely NEVER bought anything from this company..."!

• Ky
    Kylie Doewning Jul 19, 2007

I have had unauthorized withdrawals to my credit card from Auction Monster. I only authorized a payment of a few dollars for postage of a free kit.

• Er
    Erica Keeys Jul 24, 2007

No only do they rip you off money wise but the CD and information is useless unless you live in the USA or Canada. So its been advertised and aimed at people its useless to anyway GRRR...

I will try to phone them and see about getting my money back as well FINGERS CROSSED... not holding my breath though :( :(

christine hanson Jul 25, 2007

I am being charged $66.62 for something I don't know about. I thought I was buying a cd about ebay for about 5 to 7 dollars. I will have to check my other account statements to see how long this has been happening. I don't want them to take anymore money from me its stealing. How do I stop it???

JAZZMINE Jul 27, 2007

I was supposed to get a FREE kit and pay shipping and handling. I was charged for the shipping and handling, plus 59.95 AND I NEVER RECEIVED THE KIT!! I will google every business offer for fraud from now on.

• Lu
    luke king Aug 03, 2007

Auction monster are taking money from my account monthly. I have not authorized this. I can not cancel it because it is a card transaction.

People beware!

• Yv
    Yvon Provost Aug 04, 2007

They charged me $1.88 to ship me a DVD that is how they got my credit card number and then they charged me $60.00 without my authorization. I am calling to get it back. Stay away from these people.

Maria Varesio Aug 07, 2007

The same unauthorized charge of $59.95 showed up on my account. I decided to investigate further, because I could not find any transaction receipt showing that I purchased this agreement. This was a link sent to me by another income-generating program:

If you look closely at the bottom of the sign-up section, they mentioned the free toolkit. However, there is so-called added "BONUS", which "... includes a 10-day trial to your very own Web Store". What they neglected to mention is that after the 10-day trial period, your account will be automatically charged, in this case, $59.95! This is very misleading and falls under "Falls Advertisement". Also, you will notice that their contact information is nowhere to be found on the web site.

There is a legal infraction here...

• Co
    Colin W Pudney Aug 09, 2007

I received my statement from Wespac Visa today and found a charge of 57.25 USD on it debited to Auction Monster which was not authorized by me. I have not purchased any goods or services from Auction Monster.

• Ri
    Rick Hobson Aug 12, 2007

I see that every complaint regarding Auction Monster on this site has to do with the credit card charges. What I believe is that the people doing the complaining are typically lazy people who didn't bother to read the clear information that is presented in the Auction Monster ad. I have not signed up for the ad, however, it clearly states that after the free trial period of 10 days, $59.95 will be deducted from credit card accounts as an ongoing fee. It also mentions an additional $12.95 monthly fee.

Since not one complaint here is in regard to the effectiveness of the program (whether it works or not), I can't help but think it may actually be a good thing.

I have a website and sell on the internet. One frequent thing I see is that people who visit my website ignore most of the instructions and explanations I have made available to them. People are stupid and lazy and don't want to take the time to become informed. Then they blame it on the website owner when they reap the reward for ignoring the information provided to them.

The complaints here never mention the 10 day free trial period, or when the so called "unauthorized" charges were made to their credit cards. They just say the money was taken. If it was taken after the 10 day trial period, these ******* have no grounds for complaints.

Jane Soderborg Aug 12, 2007

I have a problem with them too, however the phone number they have on the cd, when I dial it, it says the number is wrong or can't be accessed by a mobile phone - but I'm not dialing from my mobile phone! So frustrated, they keep taking $60 per month from my account and I can't contact them to stop it...

• Me
    Mean Jean Aug 16, 2007

I think that when u order stuff like that online you have to read everything! terms agreements policies. It does state that there is a monthly charge of 60 bucks.you have to call a cancel the fee before 14 days. Thats why your being charged but then i got sucked into it too.i mean a 2 bucks to earn a thousand? Now all i have to do is call and cancel but sometimes it just doesn't work. They still charge you. :( i got excited and sucked in dammit, its sad cuss i work in retail. lol

• Sh
    Sha Aug 20, 2007

After foolishly authorizing a 5.50 aud deduction - a supposed 'one off' charge, i have been charged around 67.00aud every month for 3 months. Has anyone got any contact details for these people so we can all try and get our money back??? I'm in Australia and can't find any contact details for them. I've also never received anything from them...

• Mi
    mike Aug 20, 2007

Trial Period and Billing.

By agreeing to the terms of the Agreement, Affiliate automatically receives 10-day trial to the Program. Affiliate has 10 days to try the Program and decide whether to accept the Program full-time. Prior to the expiration of the 10-day trial period, Affiliate may cancel its subscription by calling Auction Monster�s toll-free number at 1-800-609-5118 or writing to Auction Monster, 16192 Coastal Highway Lewes, DE 19958. Should Affiliate fail to cancel its subscription, its Subscription with Auction Monster will become active and Affiliate will be billed $59.95 on the 11th day after its trial begins and every month thereafter. If Affiliate�s payment is not submitted either by credit card or check within 30 days of the due date, Affiliate�s web site and services will be suspended. If Affiliate wishes to cancel and not be billed, Affiliate must call 1-800-609-5118 or write to Auction Monster, 16192 Coastal Highway Lewes, DE 19958. Affiliate also agrees to monthly billing. Affiliate expressly agrees to honor all charges and fees due.

• Da
    Dan Walter Aug 22, 2007

They are attempting to steal from me today. Good thing I checked my account and did a little homework online!

• Ca
    Carol Richards Aug 23, 2007

Should be a one off amount of $6.00 and so far they have taken a regualr $70 from my account once a months.
    Only went ahead becasue thought ebay could be trusted and wanted to learn how to use it to sell items

• Da
    Dan Walter Aug 23, 2007

Follow up on Auction Monster:

I was able to catch these thieves at the gate... through my bank's online interface. I asked them to stop the payment and sent them the URL to this message board so they could see what a piece of s**** we are all dealing with.

I'm also blogging about these losers!

I appreciate the posts here. I only wish I would remember to do this sort of research BEFORE making any online payment! There are a lot of good companies online but all it takes are a few bad apples to spoil it for everyone.

• Ka
    karan Howell Aug 23, 2007

Yes, I am a victim too here. How on earth do you find out where to get this fools to stop taking money from your account for a service you neither want nor need. I have contacted my bank to hopefully stop payments but these people definitely are on a good thing by the looks of things. At, ofcourse, the expense of others.

I will be taking the matter further to the appropriate authorities and hopefully get some recompense. Shutting them down would be the preferred outcome.

I will keep you all up to date on where I end up with this.

Tell everyone you know to watch out for this SCAM. I feel such a twit.

• Am
    Amy Reardon Aug 26, 2007

I want a refund of $136.00 back to my account I didn't authorise the monthly instalments, I sent the DVD back to you and left a message that I don't want it.

Joseph W. Diem Aug 27, 2007

I agree wholeheartedly with the complaint. This company (?) charged my checking account $54.95 without my knowledge or authorization. When i called the number listed (866-897-0662), they were not available and i left a very urgent message for a return call twice and have never heard from them.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices