ARCO AM/PMthey took my money

D

I went to AM/PM at 3:25-3:30 this morning (March 2, 2011) to get gas before work. I used the machines there by the pump to pay as always, using cash. I used one side of the machine, it kept on spiting my 20 out so cancelled that out, went to other side and tried it. it did it again but this time the screen said to take your money out. OK well the machine didn't spit my 20 out it kept it. I went in and told the clerk and he checked his computer and told me" I did not put any 20 in". In other words I lied! Now why in the world would I do that. I have been going to that AM/PM for years. I asked how am I suppose to get gas now He looked at me, shrugged his shoulders and said "you no put money in, you no get money back". I couldn't believe it. I told him I want my money back he said I was to come back at 10 and talk to the manager. I told him I couldn't I was at work at that time. He turned and walked away.

I called the gas station at 10. The guy I delt with at 3:30 this morning answered and played dumb. I had to tell him 3 times that I wanted to talk to the manager. When I finally did, after telling her what happened she told me I had to be there at noon to get my money. Well gee I am still at work at that time. I told her I couldn't be there at that time, that I was still at work. She told me that 3 times before she, aparently got the picture, that I wasn't going to be there at noon. she asked what time I could be there I told her 4:30. She said ok I can get my money then.
OK I get there at 4:30 and I have to deal with a whole different person. I go through the whole story again. And he told me if there is no money stuck in the machine then I don't get the money back, we walked outside to the machine that I used, opened it and guess what...no money. Well of course there wouldn't be. everybody else has been using the machine all day and they could of gotten the money unstuck sometime during the day. I asked him to watch the servalance tap from 3:30 am so I could show him that I was not lieing. He said" NO" can't do that. I asked why he wouldn't give me an answer other than" NO" can't do that.
So I am out 20 and the AM/PM owners are thieves. I have filed a police report on them.

• Fo
    ford00 May 03, 2012

I was in Poulsbo and had nearly the same experience. I put 20 in and it ate it. I go in and wait 20mins to get help while someone is waiting for me in the car and behind it. They had to find and print a form that took my personal info so they can find the overage when the contract co picks up the money. They would then find that overage I put in and return it to me. I live 40 miles away! I was trying to fill the tank to go to Vegas that day! I'll never go there to get my money cause it'll cost me more for the 20! Why haven't they mailed me my money! NO Website works to complain! Sounds like a mini SCAM to me, not quite organized by the 'stations' but known as a quick rip cause of people like us that write it off!! I'm pissed more now...

• Bj
    bjk777 Dec 22, 2011

For several visits I noticed the floors were very dirty. The coffee area is dirty. Ran out of stirers, sugar. The trash can is aweful. I refuse to get coffee in the morning. Too many germs. I have now switched to 7-11 for my morning coffee and 76 Union for my gas.