AP9 24ProtectPlusUnauthorized charges on my account!

M

Ok, this company AP9*24PROTECTPLUS keeps Charging me on my account and I don't even know what this is!!! STOP F***** CHARGING ME [censored]!!!

• I0
    I'm exhausted Sep 16, 2009

I kept seeing a charge on my credit card and didn't know what it was. Since I had recently purchased my first computer, since I'm not very computer savvy and since this had the word "protect" in it, I assumed it was something to protect my computer from viruses. As another person said on this site, what a sneaky scam. I have now cancelled the rip-off, 6 months after they began robbing money from me each month. I would never have even known what this crap really is except that they sent me an e-mail tonight thanking me for being a member. What I don't understand is how they got my credit card information or even knew I existed. I have never once put my credit card information into the computer. Someone should bring legal action towards this company.

• Fo
    Fooledonce Jul 03, 2009

If anyone does a class action suit count me in. Same story after using Intellius.com. I got some credit back but not all of it. Mastercard was very helpful but not their fault I got scammed. Intellius should also be held responsible for dealing with this company and setting us up with a sneaky connection to these jerks.

• Dm
    dmd May 01, 2009

They got me too! And I don't knwo where they got my debit card number!!! They charged me $19.95. Agreed to send me $10 back when they called, if I kept the program. But I was supposed to recieve something in the mail giving me the opportunity to look at the offer and refuse before they charged me. I never got any papers or any $10 !! And now I can't talk to a person!

• My
    MYT Apr 18, 2009

I was charged $19.95 two seperate times on my debit card, March 18, 2009 and April 17, 2009 from a company named AP9 24PROTECT PLUS.I call my bank(USAA)and reported that these charges were not authorized by me. USAA then told me to call the phone number displayed on my bank statement next to the company AP9 24PROTECT PLUS to see if I could resolve the problem with them. The Phone number associated with this company was [protected]. When I called the company the first thing I was asked was for my credit card number to verify my account. I refused to give it to them and instead I gave them my email address, where they then pulled up all my information. I was told that it was a mistake on there part and they would credit the charges back to my account. I then asked, where did they get my information from and they said Intellius.com. A month later they still continued to charge my debit card. My bank then deactivated my account, so no futher charges would be deducted, and blocked this company from my account. I am very dissapointed being that I used Intellius a few times. I read all the terms and conditions before using the site as well. I decided to search the internet to see if anyone else was a victim of the same company, and I was shocked to see all the complaints for Intelius and AP9 24PROTECT PLUS. Please everyone report this company to the Better Business Bureau at www.bbb.org/ if you are a victim so that this does not happen to anyone else.

james Apr 04, 2009

I bought a one time people search for 1.95 cents, It saud that was all I would be charged !!, I have been charged 19.95 for two months, I did NOT ask for this !!!

• Ya
    yagosto Mar 29, 2009

I was also charged $59.85 in one transaction, and I have never even heard of the company before this.I did use Intelius for a search but that was months ago and they have a different card number than what the unauthorized charges came off.I emailed both companies and got my lawyer involved for investigation.This is a bunch of crap.

• Ca
    Caroline Rogers Oct 02, 2008

This just started happening to me on 9/26/08. Currently I have four unauthorized AP9 transactions on my checking account. My bank has started legal processings thru their fraud department. I also contacted a lawyer, who has started a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT & INVESTIGATION. Visit them here: http://www.abingtonip.com/classactions.html and then click on AP9. Write them an email & see what they can do for you.

Being in the legal/criminal justice field myself as a parole officer, this makes me extremely annoyed.

This supposed company called: YOURSAVINGSCLUB.COM is owned by ADAPTIVE MARKETING LLC. They have customer service at the number [protected]. The website for this mother company is: www.adaptivemarketing.com.

I'm honestly not sure how YOURSAVINGSCLUB.COM got my debit card number. But as of right now, the card has been deactivated. The ONLY company that EVER had this number was BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO. My bank & I have come to the conclusion that it's them. So does my lawyer.

If anyone wants to contact me, in regards to this. Email me: [email protected]

Sincerely,

Caroline P Rogers
    State of Colorado Probation & Parole
    of the 8th Judicial District
    Fort Collins, Colorado, USA

• Ki
    KICK ME Sep 30, 2008

I just found out I am being robbed just like the rest of you! I have been billed $19.95 3 times from July-September by TELLIUS! I thought I was only paying for a one time people search, instead I'm paying for identity protection that I didn't even authorize! WHAT A SCAM!!! I will see to it that action will be taken against this so called company and everyone that is involved!

• Ju
    Junius Jones Aug 01, 2008

PLEASE COMPLAIN TO FBI INTERNET CRIME COMPLAINT CENTER

More we complain more they will likely look into this.

• Ms
    M. Scott May 28, 2008

I just spoke with Intelius customer service representative who admitted that all she does all day is handle calls from angry customers who feel they were unfairly charged either for 24ProtectPlus or for poor information received from Intelius. She was able to tell me my client number that 24ProtectPlus and the credit card information they gave 24ProtectPlus. Finally she said that if she had another way of earning income that she would be doing it.

• Gl
    glenn m May 27, 2008

At first I thought "how ironic, a company in the security and consumer advocacy business linked to unauthorized charges on an ongoing basis - a scam". But this is slimy, dirt, and must be CRIMINAL. I bought a one time people search online from Intellius and now have been charged 14.95 per month for the last five months. I called and they did remove it and apologize but it took two calls after the first guy said he could only remove two months and argued that I agreed to the service and charges and wanted to recite the terms and conditions to me! The last two service representatives were very polite but it is very obvious this is a scam and if they weren't making good money from it they would not continue month after month after month. I will speak to my bank and since it is a local FCU, I will offer to help them take the complaint to AG here in Louisiana.

• Em
    Emmy May 21, 2008

I don't know if I'm happy to see I'm not the only one this has happened to or if it just makes it worse. I received a charge from this place yesterday for 19.95 on my back statement, so I googled the name and knew immediately I hadn't signed up for that. So I called the number from the statement and would not punch in my card number when they prompted me to and gave my phone number instead. When I got someone on the line I told them I did not purchase their service and demanded a refund. The woman told me that the charge was authorized through Intellius ( a phone number lookup service), that when I purchased a reverse phone look up that I also agreed to a 19.95 a month charge for AP9 and that I had a 7 day trial before I would be charged every month for it. I don't ever recall seeing anything like that, otherwise I wouldn't have used Intellius in the first place. She told me the amount would be refunded to my account in 2 days.. we'll see.

Dan May 20, 2008

Just as I thought, they screwed me again! I spoke to a guy named Mike and he said all 6 months would be refunded... and go figure, they only credited one. So I called again and spoke to another person and she said they have a policy of only one refund per "customer". So then I asked to speak to Mike again and he denied ever saying it! But don't worry, each and every one of these scam artists will be sitting on the street corner holding a cardboard sign once they run out of honest, hard-working people to steal from.

• Ti
    Tim Haynes May 16, 2008

These are bloodsucking leaches. They billed my credit card for 2 months for $19.95. When I called they agreed to take of one month but said I agreed to pay one month. They acted like they were doing me a favor allowing me to cancel the service that I don't remember agreeing to in the first place. According to them I should be ok with just being took for one payment of $19.95. These people should get a honest job and stop cheating people.

debbie henderson May 06, 2008

Can't believe they got me never use my check card/visa on the internet! I am so diligent about that and bamm here I am also. Just talked to my credit union and they said wait a couple of days before cancelling my card to see if the money shows up from 24protectplus cause if you cancel your card they won't always be able to credit your acct as easily. I feel like an idiot!

dan Apr 29, 2008

These criminals charged me 14.95 a month for the past 6 months! But all I had to do was call this # [protected] and they cancelled my "membership" and refunded all the charges. Looks like your complaints are being heard! Let's just see if the money really makes it back into my account...

John Allen Apr 25, 2008

I as well have been charged by this CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE!! They are without doubt IDENTITY THIEVES. Also, when I called them from my cell phone they answered and stated Y NAME before I did. There is no way that they would have my cell number, even if I had signed up for their service, which I did not. I called several times and asked to speak to a supervisor in the United States as when I pressured them as to where they are located they stated MOntreal Canada. (the return envelope that I received with their letter alleging that I am a member had a return address of PO Box 5152, De Plaines, IL, [protected]). Each time I asked for a supervisor during the five calls I made, the representatives who could barely speak English refused and when I insisted hung up on me. When I asked them how they identified the call as coming from me, they REFUSED to tell me. When I asked how they got my information, they refused repeatedly and then the last individual that I spoke to told me that they got it from Intellisus.com. I have never used or even heard of intellisus.com. This is very scary. This is clearly a buch of identity thieves preying upon innocent people. I urge all of you who have been effected and/or victimized by these criminals to file complaints with all appropriate law enforcement and consumer protection agencies that you can. ONLY WE CAN STOP THEM AND IF WE DO NOT THEY WILL ONLY GET WORSE.

• Sh
    Sheila Smith Apr 14, 2008

I agree about the law suit!I signed up for 1 report also for 7.95 now I have that and also a charge two weeks later for 19.95. I did not sign up for anything else, when I called the lady told me I signed up for continued protect plus which is 19.95 every month, and I know I did not! This is crazy and it looks like they are scamming alot of people out of money.She says I will be eligible to cancell after one year. This is not right!!!

• Ro
    Ross Burke Apr 01, 2008

24ProtecPlus is a membership program manged by Adaptive Marketing LLC, a subsidiary of Vertrue Inc. Vertrue specializes in negative option marketing in which internet buyers are deceived into agreeing to a membership program during the check-out process. I was stung the same way when I used People-Finders from Intelius; Intelius has partnered with Adaptive Marketing, and they realize a kick-back on each of the memberships sold.

Vertrue has been sued by the AG's of at least six states for deceptive marketing practices. It typically agrees to reform and then goes on the same way as before. Vertrue and Adaptive Marketing both tend to flood the Internet with releases announcing how eco-conscious and employee-friendy they are, and how good their memberships programs are. This is just smoke, since the Internet is rife with complaints about these companies.

Trilegiant (formerly CUC) and WebLoyalty are also players in this business although Vertrue has been attracting the most attention these days.

Banks are complicit in this racket. For instance, there is currently a class-action suit against Wachovia for facilitating fraudulent transations from Vertrue in spite of internal memos from its own executives warning about the fraud.

• To
    Tom Sokat Mar 31, 2008

The same thing happened to me: 14.95 monthly charges by 24protectplus and 14.95 per month by privacymattersidentity, presumably due to using intellius to try to locate someone during the scope of my law practice. I am a lawyer and am careful about this stuff. I strongly suspect that there is something criminal going on here.

• Gw
    gwwatsons Mar 28, 2008

I just noticed my card was charged $19.95. Called the number listed in an above comment and cancelled my account. There was no way to get a refund from them, she said I'd willingly signed up when accepting a $10 rebate from intelius. What a scam company!

jlcumings Mar 28, 2008

If you look at the top of this page you will see that 24ProtectPlus is an advertiser on this page

24ProtectPlus
    Save on the protection services you and your family deserve. Enroll now
    www.simpleescapes123.com

I guess anyone can adveriser here. What's Up!

jlcumings Mar 28, 2008

I commented about ten days ago and was refunded three months worth of 19.95. Now I have been receiving books from book clubs, coupon books and lots of dollar charges. I closed my card out but the charges went through. I guess the Protect Plus gave my info to these companies. If you get the Protect Plus charge on your account, close out your card before you call Protect Plus or they will get even with you. My bank is Washington Mutual and they are investagating but unsure if my account will be refunded.

• Ju
    juan Mar 27, 2008

I just got called from my bank, and the same website was charging us $14.95 since october and is march now. how did they get our card info? i did not buy anything from them. FBI should be looking into this issue.

• Al
    Albert E. LaPlant Mar 20, 2008

A month ago, I had a number of charges by AP9. I called and was told they had cancelled the charges and I would not receive any more bills. NOT SO !! I see a charge for 3/19 of $19.95 on my Visa card. If I can get no satisfaction from your offfice, I have no recourse other than to contact the FRAUD department of Bank America and probably have my Visa card discontinued. I can always use my other card which is not Bank of America.

jlcumings Mar 17, 2008

I also just noticed I was billed for the last three months for 19.95. I called and demanded my money be refunded. They agreed and the next day I have ten charges from emusic, ebooks, and other online stores to a total of almost 100.00 pending on my account. I cancled to card but not sure now if I will be refunded.

max Mar 15, 2008

got all got aff easy.. these lamers just charged my account 29.95... and yea ima dispute it..

David M McCollester Mar 01, 2008

WOW! I had no idea that this many people have been getting scammed in the exactly same way I was.

This company is directly affliated with Bank of America. Please close all of your accounts with them and bank elsewhere if possible.
    I was charged twice before the bank could stop the last payment of $14.95. This means they effectively got $30 from me and
    as it would appear, possibly thousands of other people. I'm sure this is prosecutable.

Good luck to all.

Deanna Feb 22, 2008

Just found out this company has been charging my account for over 6 months. Around that time I signed up for a one time people search, but did not agree to a membership. I called 24PROTECTPLUS and they only wanted to reimburse me for the most recent month and cancel my member. Because they would not reimburse me I called my credit card company and am now having them issue me a new credit card as well as create a security/un-authorized charge case against them, which will have all the charges returned to my account. I suggest those of you who got no where with 24PROTECTPLUS do the same

• Er
    Erin Cruz Feb 20, 2008

this company said it was a one time fee for a service, but they are debiting my bank account every month.

• Sm
    smith Feb 14, 2008

This company 24PROTECTPLUS keeps Charging me on my account for 6 months and I don't even know what this is!!! I call them. A guy (Bill, ID 25048) refused refund and hanged up the phone. It is so bad.

• Ca
    Cathy Wang Feb 14, 2008

This company AP9*24PROTECTPLUS keeps Charging me on my account and I don't even know what this is!!!

• Ar
    arron Feb 08, 2008

I purchased a search record from us search a month ago, to my surprise I note a charge for $14.95 by an outfit name ap9 protectplus, I called them and ask why are they charging my account, the customer service person said that my name was given by ' US SEARCH". I do not know if these companies are associated, but I will never purchase any services from any of these search companies again. Fortunately for me my 14.95 was refunded.

Devin Phatak Feb 08, 2008

I had the same problem after using PeopleFinder. I usually am careful and aware of small print, but I missed it if there was any.
    I called BofA and they were aware of this company. They said to call them. I did, and it was easy to take care of: sounds like it is their regular business practice, so they have a system setup.

Banks should block any charges from this business!

mark Feb 05, 2008

I just cancelled mine also i got scammed up my @ss with this, I called them and got reinbursed for all the unauthrorized chardes. Im going ot have them screwed.

• Br
    Brian McDermott Feb 05, 2008

Ok I was just able to get my charges reversed! I first called [protected] and chose to cancel my "account" which I never knowingly signed up for. Then I figured I better talk to someone to make sure I get my money back. So I called back and chose the only other option besides cancelling and after waiting for 10 minutes, I spoke with a lovely Sherie who took care of both 24PROTECTPLUS & PMIDENTITY for me :) I WIN!

• Br
    Brian McDermott Feb 05, 2008

Everyone here was charged after using Intellius without approving it. Sure they tell you information you want, but is it worth the hassle of undoing these fraudulent charges? NO!

joyce f. barayoga Feb 04, 2008

Hi! Just wanna ask before i negotiate with intellius.com if it is illegal? is their service worth? Im looking for a family friend living in the states. Hope you could help me. Tnx.

• St
    steven nguyen Jan 27, 2008

I just noticed my credit card was charged 14.95 a month for the last two month. I used Intellius two months ago. They are scammers. I just cancelled my credit card and filed for fraudulent charges.

• Ge
    George Kirkman Jan 01, 2008

Same thing happened to me. Forget the FBI, file a complaint with the Nebraska Attorney General at http://www.ago.ne.gov/consumer/.

You might also want to check out this website.

/URL removed/?q5=AP9&searchtype=0&q1=ALL&q3=&q2=&q7=&q4=&q6=&start=15