AKAI / DVD PlayerRemote control, power and other problems

N

We got information from public that Akai company also one of the best company in the world based on that we have purchased one DVD player (Model No.301AS) in the month of Aug-2006 from the authorized agency at Vizahakapatnam. It was used by me for 15 days then i got frequent repairs like Remote control, power dead etc. It has been informed to the agency and they recommended one Authorized Akai service center to rectify the repaired items.

I have given the set to the center, as on date it was not rectified and they are giving some reasons. As we aware the set was not functioning properly with in the Warranty period it has to be replaced by new one, but now we got information that they are going to replace the repaired components. Now our query is how the new set will get repair with in the short period? What is the Guarantee if the set is repaired and how long it will work? The agency where I purchased address is as below:

Galaxy

Shop No.1, Ground Floor, Diamond Towers, d.no.47-10-6, near Diamon Park, Dwarka Nagar, Visakhapatnam-530016.
Ph.nno.[protected],6667997.

The Service Center where I have given my Dvd Player is as below
Smart Service
Visakha Customer Care Centre
47-7-30, opp.ing Vysya Bank, 4th Lane, dwarkanagar, visakhapatnam-530 016. Ph.no.[protected],2597113,2791149.

• Du
    Dudhane Sep 05, 2009

What is remote cotrol number or code for DVD of Akkai model no DVX501M I want to purchase the same.

Jorge Frias-Lopez May 13, 2008

I have also bought a DV-P6150K and I agree with the comment it is crap. The worse, though, it is the technical service that keep telling you are going to call you back and solve the problem and never happens. I will never buy another AKAI product for sure.

• Ni
    nicholasd Nov 18, 2007

I have bought a DV-P6150K, and i think its the worst product i have ever bought, I have only had the machine for 2 months, and it doesnt work, I have gone to a lawyer and head office will be hearing from me...

• Am
    Amiya Ranjan Rautaray May 22, 2007

Re: Mumbai mall

This is to bring to your knowledge that I Major A.R.Rautaray had purchased an Akai television Model No: T29FFWTG from your Mumbai (Vijay Sales, Jogeshwari) mall on 23/7/06 under exchange offer. This television was given at a warranty period of one year in exchange of a fine working BPL television. The Akai television purchased by us has suddenly stopped functioning on 22/5/07 a date within warranty period. We require immediate services for its repair.

Regards,
    Maj.A.R RAUTARAY
    [protected]

• So
    SOUMEN BISWAS Nov 21, 2006

Please send me the E-MAIL Address of AKAI CUSTOMER CARE, INDIA (West Bengal)

• Pa
    PAVAN GANDHI Nov 10, 2006

I have given my DVD player to AKAI service centre on 24/8/2006 and till now it has not repair due to wants of one power supply. I have purchase this DVD in Dec 05 and I think this is the worst case of after sales service for AKAI service centre.