Advanced Dermatology PCDr. Joshua Fox is horrible

Unfortunately there wasn't an option to give Dr. Joshua Fox a half a star. He missed my skin cancer twice. I saw him two times for skin cancer check. He did not notice my skin cancer. Another dermatologist brought it to my attention. I went back and showed it to him and he said, "Oh that"? He delayed treatment on my skin cancer for six months. He is a patient mill and is fast. You wear your bra and underpants and heaven help you too if there is a skin cancer on a line that your bra covers. He is a money making machine. He charged me and the insurance company for the same procedure. If you want a careful exam don't see Dr. Joshua Fox. He is a mill and after you wait for 2 hours he will see you for 3 minutes.

• In
    Informed Patient Nov 12, 2010

Are you sure you have all your facts, because it seems like you don't.
    Did you go for a free skin cancer screening during "skin cancer awareness month". If you did, it might have happened as you say, with a long wait and a shorter exam time.
    You say that Dr. Fox overlooked your skin cancer, even after you showed it to him and that he delayed your treatment for 6 months. Let me ask you, was the skin cancer benign or malignant. I'm betting it was benign, because if it was malignant you would have had it removed immediately. Something benign can wait a bit, as what I did. I was told that it was benign and it didn't need to be removed then, but that it should be removed nevertheless, since they do not take chances with skin cancer.
    He may be a "patient mill" as you claim, but that only reaffirms that so many people want to see him and the other doctors there. Why? Because they are good, that's why. So even if I have to wait awhile before being seen, I know that at the end of the day, I'm getting what I paid for, and really that is all that matters.

JaniceWH Nov 17, 2010

I disagree with this statement. Many times I was asked to get completely nacked and i refused to take off my panties and bra. I never seen any of my dermatologists insist that i should remove all clothing when i refused. It is upto you, if you are a person with many moles you may want to get completely nacked and have the dermatologist check you. No dermatologist will refuse if you asked for complete body examination. Anyways I think Dr. Fox is a wonderful doctor and he is widely known in the field for his expertise. When i mention about him to my primary care and other dermatologists, everyone know him. In my recent visit to Dr. Fox, he detected a melanoma and followed up with me until i was completely cured. Dr. Lefkowitz and all the doctors in that group are very professional. I ignored my complete body exam for over 2 years. Don't do this mistake, get your body exams every year especially if you are a risk candidate for skin cancers.