Resolved ACIBURNCharged $60 after cancellation

P

SCAM, SCAM, SCAM. You order a "free-trial" product for 30 days. When you get the product, it is really for 14 days, and you have only 4 days to use the product before returning it. I ordered the product 1/23/09, received the product and 2/2, called the company on 2/2 and after spending hours dealing with the problem was told to return the product insured with a delivery confirmation (it cost me 4.00 to return the product). I returned the product on 2/2/09, the post office confirmed delivery on 2/7, and I was charged $59.95 on 2/14 for a product they NEVER even shipped. THIS BUSINESS IS A SCAM. They charge you $5.95 to try a product for 4 days, hoping you will miss the deadline and they can keep charging you. A word to the wise: DO NOT ORDER ACIBURN -- or you will be burned. I will probably file this with the AG's office. This took about 4 hours of my time to deal with and it's still not resolved. I have to pay $59.95 on my credit card account this month for something I NEVER received and won't be credited until NEXT month. Maybe they have a cash flow problem and do this to pay the bills each month. Don't we all need extra cash during these lean times. Since most people dont' look at their credit card statments closely, I am sure many unsuspecting people are scammed. I could really use the $60 this month to pay bills for ACTUAL products I purchased and consumed. I was also charged two $1.00 fees to join something I cancelled on 2/2 (that was automatically added to my Aciburn order). So all in all, to get 4 days worth of pills (who knows if they worked or not), it cost me about $12.00 and 4 hours of my time. BEWARE !!!

• Js
    jss Mar 06, 2009

Achiburn, i need my money back, i did not receive the goods that buy from you, you tell me that its going to deliver on 3days now it all ready been 5days, i contact those number that you been given and they all disconnected, this t he number that available u been given, 18oo 659 3588, this number timber shop, this all ur number. that all disconnected 18662976513, 18009895907, 100503632, be aware this diet scam your not receive your goods and you already paying for it, people out there careful, this number i given they disconnected.

karen Mar 07, 2009

Yes i have been scammed too, they charge your account and you don't recieve the product, when trying to contact them, you cannot get through, what gangsters!!!

• Vi
    vivien Mar 13, 2009

hi recieved my acaiburn, was told only charge me $4.95, was charged $24.95, for p+p.

• Bt
    btm Mar 17, 2009

Total Marketing SCAM...beware.

Canceling AcaiBurn is no easy task. You have to return the unused portion of AcaiBurn within 60 days, request a cancellation number and a refund. You will also be billed for two other "partner" memberships...look out for them...Comprehensive Weight Loss is just listed as Membership 18007127222 for $9.95 monthly, and Insider secrets is listed as Web Access 18662796513 for $4.95 monthly. You have to call all three (AcaiBurn, Membership & Web Access) to cancel. Be sure to get confirmation numbers (if you can), and then call your credit card Disputes Department to lodge a complaint to stop them from collecting automatically.
    My credit card told me that every other dispute today is based on this kind of "Associated" marketing. AcaiBurn is a gimic to get you to sign up unknowingly for multiple services. Their whole business is a hedge to see if you will not notice the smaller charges on your credit card. They make it hard to get all 3 cancelled, and very hard to get your money back. Unfortunately, people fall for this one.

• Ki
    Kimberly Antle Mar 20, 2009

The same thing happen to me. What was free turned out to be about 300.00. I got charged 4.95 membership, 2.00 fee, 59.95 for something free & then 89.95 for detox health. I called & the lady said she canceled the stuff. I told her I would be contacting the BBB about this & also send them my credit card statement. I told her I woudl be checking my credit card statement & I still have not seen my credit. I just did it this morning so it may take a day or 2. I will also be disputing this with my credit card company. This place is a scam & I told the lady that I talk to it was as well.
    Been Scammed

Annoyed Mar 24, 2009

Well like everybody elses story i have also been scammed by aciburn, i never recieved the package and just so happened to see today on my credit card i had been charged for a product in which i never recieved, aciburn never contacted me to even see if id recieved them or how i felt the programme was running for me, i dont no how people think they can get away with things like this one things for sure i wont let this ly

• Wa
    wafaa almasri Mar 25, 2009

hi, i am wafaa almasri from australia my address is 85/3 riverpark drive liverpool 2170 nsw .

i am subscribing with acai burn and i have paid $24.95 us for a sample acai burn and i was trying to call you but i didnt work . i didnt opened it because i find out that i am pregnant and when i made an order on it, i thought that you not going to take any more from my credit card because i didnt made an order. and i find that you took money ($59.95 us)from it .so can i please unsubscribe with you, because i dont want it any more, so can i have a refund on the 59.95 us that you took the other day, . and i wasnt know that you are going to withdrow a money from my account . thanks .and im so sorry about that.

• Da
    Dan Mar 28, 2009

Just after ordering this product 4 days ago, I am watching my local news and a scam alert about this item came on the air. I then started researching for complaints about this product and found plenty. I called my credit card people and cancelled my credit card.. I explained to them what I was hearing about the product and extra billings. They were going to alert the fraud center for further billings.

The next day I did receive the product and I have immediately called and cancelled with the company. I did get through after a 10 minute wait and the person did cancel my order. Although, They said I would still be charged 59 dollars for the bottle that was sent. I declined and they did give me a number to send it back. I didn't tell them I had canceled my card in case they continued the scam of charging anyway..

• De
    Deborah Kerr Mar 29, 2009

I live in the UK and when I ordered Aciburn the statement said I would only be charged $4.99. On the very same day I emailed the company to cancel because I was a bit wary and he presto I was right. When I received my bank statement I was charged 21 pounds so I requested a new card from my bank so Aciburn did not have the new number. Then just yesterday I checked my bank statement and another 42 pounds has been taken out. I have put this in the hands of the fraud department of my bank but dont hold out any hope as they said it was really my fault for giving out my bank details.

janie6 Mar 31, 2009

I just got off the phone again cancelling my subscription. They did refund the first 59.95 but failed to actually cancel my subscription and charged me for a membership fee of 9.95, a transaction fee of 1.00 and a 4.95 web access fee. I called again and they have said that I am now canceled as the person I talked to last month didn't cancel me. She has told me that all those fees will be refunded and could take up to 2 weeks to appear. I'll be checking my credit card bill thoroughly again next month. Product didn't work for me either.

• Wi
    willow Apr 02, 2009

I ordered Acaiburn from the Uk. I too was charged $24 for postage yet it was posted inEngland for less than $1!!
    Cancelled within 7 day, and immediately posted back the unused pill recorded delivery.
    Credit card charges are mounting up depite having 'sucessfully' cancelled in February.
    Absolute rip-off.

Be aware its a scam

• Uk
    ukgirl Apr 03, 2009

I too was scammed by Aciburn. I ordered the product and received it. However, I was checking my monthly banking statement and saw that Aciburn charged me $59.95. I called canceled my membership and returned the unused portion of the pills. I was refunded the $59.95, however for the past 2 months I have been charged a $9.95 membership fee plus a 2% Int. fee. I have called my bank and told them to stop allowing them to debit my account and I am trying to call the number that comes with the debit on my bank statement. ACIBURN is a JOKE!!! Do not order the product! They are trying to SCAM everyone they can!!!

• Sh
    shelly hamilton Apr 06, 2009

shelly u.k 01243607411

Someone do something for us poor people who need help loosing weight and are having their money stolen from under our noses!!!
    HELP US PLEASE

Aciburn you are total ###, cowards, cant get hold of you.

• La
    Lana Apr 16, 2009

my friend ordered aciburn and was only supposed to be charged the shipping and handling fee, and it was supposed to to be a free trial, today her account was charged over 100.00 for the free trial, this is crazy, she attempted to call the numbers that she has for them and is not getting through if anyone has any info on the fraudulent company that will help her please post it.
    This is rediculus in these times where money is hard to come by how can yahoo or whoever even allow these people to advertise.

Kath Apr 21, 2009

I havent receive the trial after paying for it and they have taken more money out of my account after i cancelled and asked for a refund...I am determined they are not getting away with this

kath Apr 22, 2009

well I only just went on to find out more and after i told them that i have no credit card to pay for them ..they couldnt help me .even through they have all my postage details so after seeing all theese complants Im so glad i dont have a credit card. i fill so sorry for everyone who has had a problem. all so Im in australia and they told me i had to pay an extra $20 dollars for shipping..

charlie Apr 22, 2009

AcaiBurn is very sneaky..After receiving there pills
    and trying with no weight change cancelled order
    and sent back the pills to reach them prior to there
    expiration date of return. They received the pills on
    April 14th - 5 days prior to the due date of April 19th.
    They went ahead anyway and charged the $59.95
    on the 21st of April. I called and they say I will be
    refunded that amount in two weeks. I confirmed my
    cancellation confirmation number for April 10th and
    they changed the number and date for April 19th.
    I didn't accept that number and will continue to keep
    the original number for April 10th. Meanwhile small
    charges on my card are appearing...seems AcaiBurn had associations with other companies where they charge fee's for there suppose services. One is the Ebook Finders Secrets which charges $6.95 after 7 days service. There cancellation number is 1-866-363-0187. The second one is Comprehensive Weight Loss which will charge $9.95 after 28 days service. There cancellation number is 1-800-989-5907. I suggest you don't forget to cancel these services as they will come up on your credit card statements.

• Sc
    Scammed Apr 26, 2009

Had the same problem I caslled and was still charged. SCAM SCAM SCAM

• Sc
    Scammed Apr 26, 2009

Called and was told I would no longer be charged and they charged me 2 more times. You know when you call the number and they tell you in a recorded messae you will not receive any money back that there is a huge problem and they already are aware of it. This cannot be legal

• Er
    eric Apr 29, 2009

SCAM SCAM SCAM...here are all the numbers you need to call to cancel everything...Acai Burn 1-800-659-3588, Insiders account 1-866-363-0187, weight loss program 1-800-989-5907, make sure they give you the cancellation numbers, cause it takes a while for this to actually kick in, I had a friend who had to cancel his credit card because funds were still getting charged to his credit card...SCAM SCAM SCAM

sandy May 06, 2009

Thanks for your comments I learned about being charge for 2 websites. I called and cancelled them. I also asked them what they knew about acaiburn. They didn't know anything. I also got ripped off, I did what they told me to return the item and now it seems they don't have any information on my account. They now want a tracking number. I don't know about the rest of you but I am going to do some checking to see if something can be done. My mother went through this with another company and she finally got her check earlier this year for the whole amount. It was a little late since she passed away in 07. I am going to add this to my list and I will be checking back..

• Di
    Dina May 21, 2009

Yes, I also ask for the free exemple and payed for postege but now I checked my bank statement and was charged £40.58 plus overseas transaction charges and guess what I didn't recieved any product.

I contact my bank and they told me I've to cancel the order on the internet and if they take more money from my account I can get back to them with a copy of the email cancelation.
    I am unsubscribe with Icai burn because I didnt place any order, I just ask for the free exemple and paid for postage.

What a nightmare if anyone in UK is able to help or advice. 07796250076

Angry Native Jun 26, 2009

Acaiburn my ###! They burned my daughter and are taking $59.95 from my account! And as stated above their phone numbers are fake! Do your self a favor don't order this crap!

• Se
    seeralan Jul 25, 2009

DON'T ORDER THIS PRODUCT. YOU WILL GET CHARGED WITH $86.00 PER MONTH. THEN $77.00 SHIPPING COST & 3.77 MEMPERSHIP COST. PER MONTH...DON'T ORDER ONLINE...

• Al
    aloi Oct 16, 2009

Hi, My name is Catherine.
    I was also scammed by this company of product, I was told that I only had to pay for s/h of $4.95 for 14days before the days were up, I had a three month supply shipped and they charged my account 59.95 two times in one month and then another charge 4 days later. When I called and asked about it, I was told that each bottle cost 59.95 but I never had the chance to try the product before I became very angry about the withdrawl from my account.

Later when I finally opened one of the bottles of the second shipment, from the first shipment the color of the product are two different colors. Who knows if they work, now I am afraid to try it.

• Ge
    GETTin EVEN Dec 14, 2009

I am taking Aciburn DOWN!!! I ordered "free" sample and have had 80 bucks taken 3 times and called 3 times and complained and figured a way to have them refund me and then it happens again now they have given my info to other companies taking my money and SENDING ME NOTHING not even a piece of paper in the mail. I AM PISSED AND I AM SUING AND TAKING ACIBURN DOWN! they are gong to be sorry they stole from me. And all the other compaines stealing my money and not refunding me...just wait. I have a list of things I am planning and these companies are going down. I found a free lawyer and changed my account and now my mission is to make the whole internet world know that aci burn is a scam and they will go down. I know by reading the above statements I have back up...And as soon as I hear from Rachael Ray, oh yeah, contacted her too because i saw the free sample crap on her site!!! She had to know and now she does I will wait to see what help she gives me...aci burn will BURN in hell!!! They told me they didn't have corporate, well I found one, they told me I couldn't go higher than the re-tard manager at the stupid fake 800 numbers they make you call...I went higher and found names and if you want to join me then let me know.