800 ServiceNon Stop Telemarketing harrasment

P

These POS worthless idiots keep calling me. I want to find them and shove my foot where the sun don't shine. I hate them and I wish they would stop calling me. I have asked them numerous times to stop and they just hang up and won't give me the name of the company they are calling with.

I have filed 3 reports with the DONOTCALL.GOV registry which seems worthless as they have done nothing about it. My number is registered with the donotcall.gov system and I get no other calls except for this number.

We need to find them.

• Ar
    Artie Kern Jul 01, 2010

THIS COMPNAY DOES NOT STOP CALLING...I HAVE ASKED THEM TO STOP..AND NO GOOD...I GOT SOME GUY ONCE BUT AFTER WHEN YOU START TALKING THEY SIMPLY HANG UP!!!.THEY CALL AS MUCH AS 4-5X A DAY..SOMETIMES 2X IN AN HOUR!!!...THEY ARE A NUISANCE!!!

tallen1120 Jul 18, 2017

@Artie Kern Harassment or stalking. Get a answering machine.

• Dr
    Dr. Tina Bauer-Goldsmith Dec 21, 2010

I AM GETTING SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE CALLING MY PHONE NUMBER LOOKING FOR ALL SORTS OF PEOPLE WHOM I DO NOT KNOW ...AND IT DOES NOT STOP...

DR. TINA GOLDSMITH

tallen1120 Jul 18, 2017

@Dr. Tina Bauer-Goldsmith With documentation, you could probably get them charged with harassment or stalking. A machine answers my phone and I don't have to lisyen to their garbage.

• Dr
    Dr. Tina Bauer-Goldsmith Dec 21, 2010

I AM DISGUSTED THAT UNKNOWN PEOPLE CONTINUOUSLY HARASS ME AND MY FAMILY ON MY PRIVATE LINE...MY PATIENCE HAS WRONG THIN AND I WILL NO LONGER TOLERATE SUCH PHONE CALLS ANY FURTHER...SHOULD THEY CONTINUE I WILL BE FORCED TO GO TO THE NEAREST POLICE STATION AND FILE HARASSMENT CHARGES!

• Kj
    Kjfair89 Mar 14, 2012

Is there any grounds for threatening them with legal action since I told them repeatedly not to call my house anymore and they have since called 12 more times throughout the day?

tallen1120 Jul 18, 2017

@Kjfair89 With documentation, you could probably get them charged with harassment or maybe stalking.

• Th
    Tharskjold Jun 26, 2013

This is the number for a 800 Service Company that sells both "Do Not Call" numbers and public numbers. [protected] You can file complaints and even get paid in most states by reporting it to the Attorney general. Another trick you can do with TWC cable on their phone features is Selective Call Forwarding. You can choose up to 30 numbers that when they call it will forward to a number you put in...like the one above. Give em a taste of their own medicine. I've been on the Do Not Call List for years and get 3-4 calls every frickin day. Do something about it, or learn to live with it.

• Go
    Good times Dec 18, 2015

I have Cox as a service provider, in my package, I have a blocked numbers folder that enables me to just wait until the number stops either ringing or as I have, a caller ID that appears on my TV screen. the minute they stop that call to you, go to your phone and dial the number that tells you then that the last number called will forever be blocked. Now here's a hint for ya, though the area code appears to be in this country, 1-800... it's coming out of the country of India, yep, be advised they are identity thieves working from a base there in India, so contact your phone company, block the numbers from even ringing on your phone, and your done ! Good luck!

• St
    StephSCO May 28, 2016

800 Service has been calling me and my family since even before we switched from CenturyLink to Comcast for our cable/internet/phone package. No matter what we tell them, they ALWAYS keep calling. I've even threatened to file criminal charges if they ever call again, but they are relentless. If you ask me, they should be able to be blocked on any phone provider, but it seems that no matter what method we try, they are like a bad smell: always there.

If there was a way to find these jerks, I'd be doing just that.

Tamera Sheets Apr 19, 2017

I am buying a fog horn and intend to blow it into phone to each call I get from this company!

• Be
    Bernadette Johnson Jul 20, 2018

I keep getting calls at least 3 to 4 times a day, Monday thru Fridays, from 800 Services [protected]; I do not answer but it is very, VERY annoying they keep calling! I will report this to the FTC, want to warn others about this robo-calling which is more than likely a Scam!

• To
    toohip Oct 27, 2018

We get so many spam calls, we no longer answer the phone if we don't recognize the caller ID. When a spam caller get an answer (pick up) regardless if you verbally or "push button 2 to have your number removed from our list" reject the call, they now know this is a legitimate number, and the "SELL" your number to phone marketing services. This just escalates. I start noting calls that keep coming in from the caller ID. I see one that keeps repeating like this one, I use my phone system call rejection service. I often will call a repeated incoming number back to check if it might be legit, and if not add to rejection service. I try to tell my friends "if you don't have your name on caller ID number, I won't answer." I'm changing my phone message to reflect this, otherwise legit callers think you're not home and not leave a message. My healthcare provider, Kaiser Permenente, uses 800 caller ID numbers or a standard "non-working number" so you don't call them back (they're too busy ;o), so the business community needs to get involved here too, or they lose business.

I use my call rejection service, which for for Comcast is "*60" then hit "2" add a number and "#" "to add the last incoming call to the rejection list." Only problem is there is a limit to the number of phone numbers you can add. Bottom line, is we need to get our Fed congressional representatives involved in this. There are HUGE spam marketeers out there, if you google it you learn, but until the Feds get involved and convict these spammers, it's just going to continue.

wayNe765 Oct 31, 2018

We have Cox services also and when all else fails you can unplug your phone. That's what we do. Email is the same thing, I am starting to mark on the COX web mail ALL messages, then read just the 3 or 4 that I want to respond to. I'm thinking what's the use why have phone or email?

wayNe765 Oct 31, 2018

Something else, we used to get spoof emails that used the exact logo's fonts and looked so real you could the FBI. The scheme was that I would answer back and give up valuable personal information...I called my bank and had them review it. They said DO NOT ANSWER IT...Well we closed our Wells Fargo account! We still get spoof emails but from banks that that we don't have an account. We're looking at stopping all tech services and just pay cash and get off line altogether.

wayNe765 Oct 31, 2018

Early this year we bought a new car and began getting advertising from "service that enhances your new car warrantee". After calling the car company and asking them what they thought about this warrantee that I thought it was a scam, the manager said that when you get a new title that Division of Motor Vehicles will sell lists of persons applying for vehicle registrations...Don't we have any kind of privacy in Virginia?

• Th
    Thetazz Aug 31, 2020

@wayNe765 When I bought my new car in Michigan same thing happened. They are legit but the Dodge dealer said I already have a lifetime service contract on my car so when I get those in the mail, I shred them. The phone calls are the scam.

• El
    Elaine Frantz Aug 25, 2020

My 800 services calls show as [protected] on caller ID. I just don't answer. A few times I have answered a number I know is spam and put the phone up to whatever happens to be on TV. they hang
    up but I don't.