1-800-684-8429Phone calls, too many to count!

The phone calls start at 8am on the dot and go until 9pm Monday thru Sunday and there have been as many as 13 a day and as many as 5 in one hour. They are trying to find someone else and I have told them so, then I have told them to not call back and they continue to do so. This has been going on for a month. It has got to stop. I am about to loose my mind. They call all hours of the day, into the evening when my son is asleep. I have no idea how in the world they got my phone number it is unlisted and a private cell phone number. The [protected] that they are calling from is what continues to come up on the caller ID. Many times there is not someone on the line when I pick up the phone to talk, and this is costing me money and minutes on my cellular phone account.

Beware!

• Ni
    Nikhil Shetty Dec 28, 2006

My girlfriend is getting a lot of these calls too... Please help us by sending us information at Email.

• Da
    Dave Laforest Jan 20, 2007

Same thing they call at least 10 times a day looking for someone I don't know they won't even say who they are!!!

• Re
    Rebecca L Fortugno Jan 27, 2007

These people call our house from 8 a.m. till 9 p.m. and every day of the week. I have a small child, and they wake him up at night. I found me an airhorn that I blow in the ear piece when they call. They hate me.

• Su
    Susan Pulsifer Jan 31, 2007

They called me six times in four hours on my cell phone, and three times a day at work. Rebecca has the right idea. If the call my cell phone when I'm driving, I make sure the car stereo is really loud & I answer the phone right next to the speakers, then hang up.

• Je
    Jennifer Johnson Apr 04, 2007

Has any one found a solution to these calls? i get them daily as well!!! AARGGGH

• He
    Henry Apr 10, 2007

Does anyone even know what company this number belongs to? My roommate is getting up to 22 calls a day from them, they never leave a message or anything. Please email me if you know what company they are calling from. Henry

marlo brad May 24, 2007

1-800-684-8429 call-call -call we've even changed our number and they still called no one talks other than to say please call. How do we get this to stop?

Advise smb!

• Cr
    creditwrench May 24, 2007

Most likely you will end up having to sue them in Federal Court if you can. If they are an original creditor for your situation then you can't sue them under FDCPA but depending on which state you live in you may be able to sue them under your state's laws.

Your cause of action would be harassment, of course, and if you have a careful record of their calls, the time at which they called and the number of times they have called you have an excellent chance of winning.

• Te
    Ted May 24, 2007

They started calling me repeatedly. I talked to the phone rep. He asked me when I was going to pay my bill. I don't even have a credit card with them. Never have and never will. Asked me a bunch of questions. I felt they were fishing for info to perform identify theft.

• Ca
    C. A. Clark May 24, 2007

I purchased a new mobile phone, and before anyone ever had my new number, I began to receive calls from the number 1-800-684-8429.

I know the calls couldn't possibly have been trying to reach me, because I had just purchased the phone and this was a brand new number for me. I believe the calls are meant for whomever previously owned this phone number, however, it is driving me crazy. The calling started from the time I purchased the cell phone, and has not stopped.

Before I could get home with my new mobile phone, I had been called from this number more than 20 times.

• Cb
    CBaker May 24, 2007

These people have called me at least 13 times today. Half the time when I answer the phone I wait for a good 30 seconds and there is nobody there. Today I answered after being harassed all day (my wife is sick too which doesn't help). I got a message saying "you have an important message" and then some guy said my name. After that, I waited for a good 20-30 seconds and hung up because nothing/nobody was on the other end. I don't know if they're trying to get information for fraud, I don't know if they're trying to sell me something, I don't know what's going on. These people have been calling me for a year now and I don't even know who they are.

2 Months ago some guy in Florida tried to use my debit card to make a purchase from office depot for 340 dollars or something(online). the bank reimbursed me for the fraudulent transaction but I had to close my account, change all my direct deposit information, etc. Then I couldn't get paid for a month because it takes them 3-4 weeks to set up direct deposit again. UNBELIEVABLE. I don't trust anybody anymore unless I'm calling them directly. I still have no idea how they got my debit card information nor do I know any of the details to do with who it was that did it or why.

• Ti
    Tina May 24, 2007

I think this is a scam. Everytime they call, I just ignore it. They call my home number and my cell number! My home number is a fax number and I just hit delete on my cell. I would not answer these calls if I were you!! There is another number out there with the area code of 216 that has been found out that they are a scam and for all we know, the 800 number could be the same thing and the same company. BEWARE!!

• Ra
    ramona ross May 24, 2007

I am very tired of them calling me alot hours of the morning and night... I want it to stop...

• Do
    Don May 24, 2007

To respond to this harassment calls use the following website:

Federal Communications commission

This is a form to fill out for the FCC to step in and stop this harassment. If you do not fill out this information the calls will continue. This works since we had another company trying the same stuff last year. The more complaints the FCC receives the faster they will react.

Keep a ledger, sheet or notes as to date, time and ph no they are calling from and fill in the rest of the form.

Your are welcome from a fellow person being harassed in the same manner.

• Ri
    RichieC May 24, 2007

It's not a scam in the sense that people are pretending to be creditors or some such and stealing information.

If you are receiving calls from them, and they are asking for someone, what they're probably doing is something called skip tracing: they've lost contact with a debtor and no longer have a good phone number, so they start looking for phone numbers belonging to people with similar names/last names.

If they call acting like you're the debtor or this is their number, know that this is what they're trained to do. Supposedly, acting this way will put the actual debtor off guard and trap them into the call.

If you are not the debtor they're looking for, hold your ground and tell them that you are not so-and-so, you do not and have never known so-and-so, and you want your number taken off their calling list. They have to do this, even if they think you're lying for whatever reason.

If you still have problems, here is their US site: http://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/3/personal. There is a Contact Us link above the Online account access box on the right hand side. It includes the customer service line and mailing address for HSBC Bank.

• Sh
    Sherry Testa May 24, 2007

I have been receiving these calls for the past 2 weeks and I am very angry. I have taken the advice of one of the other complaintors and filed a report on the number 8006848429. I believe it to be a scam.

• Ri
    richard dennis gleason Jun 02, 2007

Calling all the time from this number 1-800-684-8429 cant anything be done to stop this had voice box removed due to cancer and cannot talk.

• Je
    Jeanna McGatha Jun 06, 2007

Constantly on our caller ID all the time no one talks just a recording to please call need information to make them stop.

• Rj
    R Jakovlic Jun 08, 2007

How do you stop these calls? They call me at home, work and on my cell phone. This is a little out of hand.

• Mt
    MTC Jun 26, 2007

I have been getting around a DOZEN a day for a couple of months now and would REALLY like a solution to this Harassment???

Signed...

Falling Down

• Lj
    LJA Jun 26, 2007

I actually spoke with a human. It is HSBC. They asked for MUCH information> I gave them nothing but my phone number. When you call, they ask for info, do not reply to anything, just wait for a human. They said they were looking for a different person. I have had my phone number for many years. They said the calls would stop, we'll see, and I will post it here

Caller ID: 800-684-8429
    Caller: HSBC

• Ke
    Kelly F Aug 14, 2007

They call me 10-20 times a day, and now they've found my mother's number and call her at the same time! I was at her house last weekend and my cellphone went off at the same time as her phone. It was the same phone number! How do we stop these calls?

• Da
    David Moffitt Aug 14, 2007

The phone number in question, 1-800-684-8429 is owned by HSBC bank, a/k/a Orchard Bank, a/k/a Household Finance Co., and many more. In total they have a valley of around 50 phone numbers that they call from. I have an Orchard Bank account. Last month I paid them $138.00 on my $300.00 account. This month they are saying that the account is over drawn, yet I have not used the card. I complained in a return email to them, and have yet to hear from them.
    If you look up the phone number, and click the link to Household Finance complaints, you will see many others who have the same complaints as those that are being posted here, along with some resourceful remedies. Hope this helps all who are having this same problem.

CrownPC's Help Site - http://crownpc2.no-ip.info.

• Mi
    Mike Aug 19, 2007

Make sure you file a complaint with www.donotcall.gov EVERY TIME THEY CALL.

• Do
    DON NO9C921T ANSWER Sep 12, 2007

IT SUCKS TO BE CALLED DAY IN AND DAY OUT. STOP THIS PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Sh
    Shui Tsang Nov 27, 2007

First my land line, now they are calling my mobile! They never leave messages. They just call and call and call. I regularly get 5-7 calls a day and now I have turned my phone off because I just can't take it. I just don't answer the phones anymore. Can someone tell me how to get rid of this evil virus attacking our phones?!

Andrei Vashon Nov 27, 2007

There should be some legal recourse on this nuisance.

• Ex
    EX-PATIENT Nov 30, 2007

I am receiving the calls many times a day (10 or more) and when I tell them the person they are looking for is NOT at this number, they have the WRONG number, they hang up on me! I have answered the phone by stating "I have received many calls from you and _____ (person's name) is not at this number, you have the wrong number" and they hang up before speaking. They do NOT want to correct their records or stop harassing people. There should be laws to keep companies from ignoring you when you tell them to STOP calling you ESPECIALLY if they have the WRONG NUMBER~!

• Te
    TechSkills Sucks Nov 30, 2007

That would be HSBC (Household Bank), or rather a debt collector calling on behalf of HSBC. Got a credit card with them? Not paying your bill on time?

• Na
    Nana61 Dec 08, 2007

Did you go online there is a place to sign to stop these calls if they keep calling you, you can sue them.

Type in stop unwanted phone calls, you can do the same thing with junk mail.

• El
    elizabeth Dec 18, 2007

Oh my gosh! this is insane. What the heck are these people doing??? I cannot even coun tthe number of phone calls that have been made to my cell over the weekend. This is disgusting and my account is not even overdrawn or late...

• St
    Steph Dec 18, 2007

Holy ###, They keep calling me. All day. What the hell??? How do we get this to stop??

• Ca
    C and J Dec 23, 2007

Block them from your phone as I did. I have this option with the package from my phone company. I don't even have credit cards and our vehicles are paid for. We have no bills, so I really hate this calling day in and day out. I blocked them and I will continue to add more numbers if they call me from other numbers. Good luck everyone, hope this helps!!

• Tu
    Turkey Dec 24, 2007

My friends the time has come! Seek revenge! These mother ###ers call me every ###ing day and I've ###ing lost it!!! I've found my revenge by returning the favor and calling them everyday,I tell them my name is Turkey and I'm looking to buy Turkey,when they ask me for my 16-digit card number, I say,"what?16-digit Turkey number what is that?". Return the favor call them back,I've been torturing them for 3 weeks now. The time has come! If you do call them you may want to alter (change) your voice.

• Tu
    Turkey Dec 24, 2007

My friends I've found revenge on 800-684-8429,please read my post in the complaint section on this site,my name is Turkey,I'm here to help you.

• Ka
    Kayla Jan 11, 2008

These people call my house at least 20 times a day. I usually dont pick up the phone. When I do they will hang up. I tried calling them back to tell them to stop calling me and it just says all circuits are busy. It is so annoying. How do we get them to stop?? If It is that bank number... I dont have any accounts with them! Why are they calling me??

jorge Jan 14, 2008

so annoying!! i just spoke with a representative they so full of s..t.. does any of you guys has a BestBuy Credit Card?
    since i got my best buy card i got these phone calls!

• Mo
    Moira Shastine Cue Jan 18, 2008

I got over 20 calls from them yesterday. I told them to take me off their internal call list and place me on a do not call list. when i pick up no one is on the line and they put me on hold. the people are very rude and if you answer to say stop calling me they call back every 10 minutes. any one interested in filing a class action lawsuit please contact me. i am willing to look into it. this is HSBC and i have had the worst experiences with them. they are so corrupt it's goofy.

• La
    lacey21 Jan 23, 2008

this number called me for the first time today. from the way it sounds i should be expecting to get other calls from them. i was under the impression that cell phone companies aren't allowed to give out cell numbers to whoever. i guess i was wrong. does anyone have any idea as of what to do!?

• Pe
    Penny Hansen Jan 24, 2008

Some of you are going to love me:

I called my phone company and they can have any calls with an "unknown" identity on my caller ID blocked. Before the call reaches us, it is routed to an automated recording telling them to call up and unblock their identity, and try again. How cool is that for those of us who have those features on our phones. It also depends on if your phone company offers the feature. Good luck.

Penny

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices