www.VoipCheap.comFraud & cheating!

R

This is a clone of betamax company. I've subscribed with their voipcheap.com, justvoip.com, 12voip.com and recently nonoh.net. I've paid 10 Euros each in all there 4 websites. But on the next day itself, I couldn't place a call. It shows "Call ended due to an unknown error". Itz already about 3 to 4 months. I've emailed them, faxed them, phoned them. But no response at all. Not only me, if you google "Voipcheap.com cheating" you will get lot of people complaining on this fraudulent company.

• Fr
    friend8796 Jan 15, 2013

Just some friendly feedback, if I may. On your front page phones are misspelled, as "phonse"

All the best

• Gu
    GuyDu13 Jun 18, 2012

I have been using voipcheap.com for a long time (on my Siemens VOIP SIP phone) and I never experienced problems with them whatsoever.

• Da
    dave lee traviss Jul 20, 2011

my mother and her friends uses it with no problems so far.

maros008 Dec 28, 2010

I paid 10euros and my voipcheap account suddenly stop working.i tried to contact via feedback and report abuse report and contacted key collect after 10days no reply whatso ever, can you please somedoby write me email or number where directly contact voipcheap.com??? .my opinion is a fraudelent company.your help is more than appreciated.bgds maros slovakia

• Ym
    ymartin Dec 13, 2010

I paid 10 euros, it was working for 1 month, then my password (or my account) stop working. I’ve tried during 15 days to reach people, send email, use the abuse system, support, etc. no way!

As the name says, it is ‘cheap’ and cheap means ‘no service’. So, yes I believe it is a fraudulent way to make money.

• Si
    Sitoga2007 Oct 18, 2010

Voipcheap.com advertises on their website that the calls to German landlines are free. Turns out that they are NOT. They want you to buy "Free Days" which means you pay in the end. Nobody knows how they calculate their rates. I've sent them an email that this is plain false advertising!

Annett (USA)

• Ne
    Nerd2010 Jun 27, 2010

When I called (twice) today on destination number my call was "answered" by somebody pretending not to hear me. Before that there was clicking of "answering". It is typical cheating well known to VOIP users. Apparently VoipCheap's partner is cheating. When I called using other VOIP provider all was OK.

• Ta
    taylors100 May 12, 2010

voipcheap. I joined on may 5 2010 and have never been able to use it getting all those non event reported above Im asking VISA to refund and to declare it a fraudulent site Good if ]many more people do too Im also going to UK Office of Fair Trading which chase situations like this JOhn WEbster in S Africa

• Ro
    Rolandif Dec 01, 2009

my accound has been steal ..my credits was 175 euro ..now is empty ...i called betamax ..no answer ..i email them no reply ..what can i do ..any one is going to help me

• Ge
    Geoffrey Richard Luutu Sep 10, 2009

I have also 9.75 euros but cannot make calls, what a hell is this?I wish i knew before!!!

• To
    Tomorrow Aug 25, 2009

It's really a shame about voipcheap not caring about their customers. I too have been charged too much, wrote to their support department with no reply received. Does anyone know of a class action suit being filed against Betamax for customers outside of Germany?

• Od
    Odinko Aug 14, 2009

I cannot log on VoipCheap doesn't work.I cannot update and I download ed new version but it doesn't recognize my password.I don't know what to do I have money in my account.Is there any organization to check them???

• Fo
    fothergill Aug 13, 2009

unable to make a call today. will not show credit or contacts. my credit is about 9.71 euros and my free days is about 30. what, s the problem?

• Ny
    Nyarnon Jul 09, 2009

• Mk
    mkhan Apr 22, 2009

This seems to be common with betamax these days, these ppl are cheating their regular customers
    I am a student here in USA,
    I have been using VOIP based calling, to call home(INDIA) using both nonoh.net and Voipstunt.com, both products are from Betamax GmbH & Co KG, I am their customer since more than 2 years now, i always either buy credit to make calls using my Credit card or PAYPAL, every month, costing me 21 Euros, as this company only accepts Euros.
    All of a sudden they remove my regular payment options and put in some other options like Western Union, Bank Transfer, using these payment options is very time consuming and is very costly, they removed my preferred (Paypal and Credit card is the most common method of payment accessible to every one who shops online) saying some random reason.

I contacted customer care multiple time each time they just replied
    "Please make one payment with one of the available methods on your MyAccount area on our site. Once your payment has been credited to your account, other payment options will be restored.
    Kind regards,
    Customer service"

I some how managed to buy credit to make calls, which took lot of time and costed me 3 $ more for each credit recharge of 10 Euros via Reseller, costly each time.

i buy 10 Euros for each account each month

10 Euros = approx(13 USD) depending on current $ value, and is instant if you use paypal and credit card

But when you buy via a reseller you end up paying 17 USD for the same 10 Euros of talk time

IF you buy via Bank transfer, will take 12 USD as international transfer and currency conversion and both these methods take 1 to 2 weeks to refill the talk time.

Another method is Ukash which is not available in USA, point to be noted is 70 % customers of Betamax are USA and Canadian

These people are doing this because they recently started with a Reseller Program via whom you can buy credit, which with cost you 3 to 4 $ more than buying directly.

I just want to make the Betamax customers be aware of this fraud.

www.Voipstunt.com,
    www.nonoh.net,
    www.123voip.com, and many more belong to same company and is doing the same.

• Ca
    carambatime Jan 25, 2009

THIS NUMBER [protected] IS NOW BEING ADVERTSED BY BT IN THE ENGLISH PRESS IN SPAIN FOR THEIR
    EUROPEAN CALL'BROADBAND PACKAGE.
    tHEY DOPN'T ANSWERR IT AND DONT RETUIRN CALLS. AT WEEEKEND THE NUMBER GOES ON TO A FULL DIVERTED VOICE BOX TO ANOTHER NUMBER

WHAT IS GOING ON? SEEMS A BIT FISHY

chrissie Jan 24, 2009

I agree with the above. I paid my 10 euros plus, and only half way through they are charging me 1ct per minute plus 1ct, saying I have exceeded my FUP. This is after using 169 of my 300 free minutes over 6 days

• Fa
    Fatumata Oberascher Nov 27, 2008

Dear voipcheap,

I do not understand what you really mean by "free call on regular land-line". Though I still have 352 days to make "free" calls as stated by you, and I always top up my account, you still charge 01 0r 07 cent for calls mark "free". Though the amount is low, I find this "unannounce charges" very, very dishonest and annoying.

john Oct 25, 2008

im using voipcheap for about 3 years and had never problems with it i dont know why but it scares me when i read it all here that they are playing with people whatever i never had problems with voipcheap and never had that unknown error.

• La
    Lawrence Sep 22, 2008

Guys, listen, never, ever, use anything but Paypal for any of these voip providers, and i mean any of them, not even if they seem like they are a big company, remember this is still an unregulated industry in most countries. If you use Paypal, just make a complaint, eg. "I have tried contacting this company but they will not reply, this is therefore a fraudulent transaction since i have not recieved what i paid for, i would like Paypal to reverse this charge" Paypal will almost immediately refund your money and if they get too many complaints about one company they will suspend their account pending an investigation and then possibly close it all together. Think its about time those guys at Betamax (voipcheap, voipstunt and all their other names etc.) got a kick up the ###!!

• Fa
    Fah Specialist Sep 19, 2008

Well i have two accounts with voipcheap, my friend in norway has one, my sister in pakistan has one, deducted 10 Euro..
    All are running fine...voice quality is mostly very good...! no complaints. I hope it remains like this.

• Ak
    akshi gandhi Sep 13, 2008

i have been trying to call from voipcheap to belgium but i can not hear clear nor the oppsite party can hear i have paid money. i am talking from pc to landline belgium.please try to helpme as i can not hear properly.

• Pe
    peter Sep 04, 2008

i live in the philippines, tanx to voice cheap i can call my mother in germany for 90 days free, ok some hours special afternoon until midnight it do not works good, but 4 10 euro is ok, and beside the first 90days are free after this period i pay only for 1 min 1cent euro thats fantastik!!!

John Aug 22, 2008

I thought I was a lone. I have been fooled by nonoh for sometime. They are really fake. No customer care and indeed no email response. They even hide there contacts. I have never seen a serious company with uncultured attitude like this. Anyway I had just given up with them

• Kn
    Knox Kirnon Aug 12, 2008

I have a problem but never get response from voicecheap. Can anyone please have a email address where I can possibly contact someone who might provide the answer . Even a telephone might do if possible

• La
    laurie stoll Aug 01, 2008

I am trying to top up my voipcheap & your site will not accept my credit card also in the box that says country it is showing the
    wrong country it should be be UK not France so the cc address will be wrong can I change this ?

Andrew Jul 15, 2008

All the betamax companies are the same: good product at insanely cheap prices, but essentially no customer services. If something goes wrong, you're screwed.

For me, I've been using them for years with a ATA adaptor for all outgoing phone calls. Total phone bill about 20 euros a year, for phonecalls all over the world. Can't argue with the prices.

• Pa
    parth Jul 14, 2008

Hello

i was using NONOH from last two months, but now they have closed my nonoh account, which is giving error everytime like Error code 33, unknown error. and i have 12.50 Euro in my account, they are totally fraud and cheater company,

Betamax is cheater and fraud company from Germany, be careful about this,

I have 10 Euro in CALLEASY also and they have closed that also and i am not able to make call from that also, its too much for me,

Betamax is really suck the people

• Gn
    gnajl Jun 26, 2008

I was using nonoh.net and viopcheap.com for more than one year but recently I am getting only error 33 and my 13USD on their accounts are gone! Better to stay away from these companies.

• Di
    Dipak jung Raya Jun 21, 2008

i am dipak jung raya, i have been using voipcheap for almost 1 year and now i have got serious problem, due to which i havenot been able to call anywhere, i couldnot call to nepal and any other countries. when i dial the number then it says that code: 33 error, or unknown error.so i have not been able to use voipcheap for 4 month due to this error.i sent my complaint 3 times but got no response from voipcheap.whats the problem in voipcheap to answer me?i have been tired now to ask my problem to the voipcheap because i dont get any response from voip.please solve my problems soon or give me solutions, iam waiting for my solutions.
    waiting for solutions...
    dipak jung raya

• Fe
    feelyou Jun 19, 2008

there are sofphone which offer free trial, for example mobivox with these 10 minutes free.check this site fore more information

• Om
    omid May 23, 2008

i have account in Justvoip, Low rate voip, Voipbuster, Voipbuster pro and Smslisto . all of them blocked and they send message the call ended due to unknown error. I have the message from all the same time. I don't know what happened.
    if you send more than one time feedback they will put in spam!
    i a losing around 20 €.

• Kh
    khadka May 11, 2008

We (I and my friend)are having the same Problem. They are really making Fool out of us . I want everyone to be aware from those Cheaters::F::::rs...Because of them from last few weeks i am out of connection from my family and friends .

malcom22 May 04, 2008

hola soy

Andrey Deryabin May 04, 2008

My wife uses voipcheap.com sirvices.
    From the begining everything looked OK, but then
    nobody knows how they calculate those "FREE" minutes.
    My wife never used anounsted 300 minutes. And all the time ufter couple days they start charging and never reply on e-mails.
    Does this frase from their web-site (* Max 300 minutes per week of free calls, measured over the last 7 days and per unique IP address.) sounds tricky? Seems like they count always for last 7 days, which is not really per week.
    Plus we found out that even when it says FREE call, your money on account went down.
    We are moving from them.

• Sh
    Shehzad May 01, 2008

Hi!
    I am the regular user of low rate voip software. I used to recharge my account by www.moneybookers.com by my credit card. money bookers icon was shown on voip rate software where we can make calls. There is a line click here to go to your account. when we click this a new window is openedand then we click buy credit. then money bookers icon was shown but now the icon has been removed. Tell us the good method to activate our account buy credit card without any other help.
    Thanks in anticipation.
    Kind regards,
    Shehzad Anwer

• Lo
    lorraine Apr 26, 2008

Was going to sign up but couldnt get page to pay by card only page showing voucher or bank trans or western. glad after reading the comments. have signed up for b.t calls to uk 3 cents a min to landline from spain to uk. try b.t no fee or connection they are on [protected]. e5

none Apr 26, 2008

can u guys tell me which site is good for VOIP? I have an account in voipcheap.com but after I read these comment I decide not to pay for them.

• Ar
    Arian Apr 16, 2008

I registeret to lowratevoip and bought 10€. But I never used it and now i get the fckin error when i try to call or send SMS!
    They never reply to e-mails! These guys are just mother###ing cheaters!

san Apr 14, 2008

Nonoh seems a fake site. Me and 4 other friends took the connection.It worked for a week, then the call never goes. It give "The call ended due to an unknown error".We some could login the account, some could not. But we still have enough balance left.

They doesn't have costumer care, never get a reply to mail.

So guys...Plz dont buy it..Dont become "FOOLS".

If possible spread this across web.