Resolved www.mygrantsite.netCd advertised for 2.95 was charged 39.95

Went to this site and it said I would be charged 2.95 for a CD on grants I could get . I looked on my charges and have been charged 39.95 . I think this is fraud ad if I dont have my credit card un charged I will report this transaction to the athorities on march 1, 2008 This is not a valid site and would not sujest anyone to go to this site

• Ab
    abhandly Feb 15, 2009

unauthorized charge using debit card account number, only $2.29 but fraudulent nonetheless.

• St
    Steven McDaniel Feb 16, 2009

I was charge for a product that i did not authorize and would like my money back in the amount of 39.95. it would be great if there was a phone number to contact these people.

• Ta
    Tammy Calabrese Feb 18, 2009

there was 39.95 off of my credit card for information i never received

• Je
    Jennifer Feb 19, 2009

After checking my bank acct I found an unauthorized withdrawal of $39.95 was made to my account on 2/18/2009. the bank sd it was paid out to WWWMYGRANTSITE 800-487-7085 NV. W

• To
    Tom Anderson Feb 19, 2009

I too was charged today for info never rec'd. They deducted 2.99 last week and today charged me 39.95. Tom Anderson

• Kh
    k.hughes Feb 19, 2009

I have just checked my checking account and they have also charged my account whichwas not authorized. I will also let the authorities know if this charge is not reversed .

K.H. Sacramento, California

Angie Miller Feb 20, 2009

I ordered information on Federal Grants for $2.95 which they deducted from my account. A week later they deducted $39.95 from my account. I still have never received the information.

• Mj
    M J Richardson Feb 20, 2009

Concerned and upset female in Iowa: I report, that I was charged $2.29 as expected on 2/12/09 for the CD pkg but find on my checking another charge for $39.95 (2/19/09) that I NEVER authorized and ALSO would like it reversed.!!!
    M J Richardson
    Marion, IA

• Ca
    Carla W Feb 20, 2009

I let my sister use my credit card to purchase the 2.99 information. on 2/12/09 I was charged 1.99 and was charged 39.95 on 2/18/09 and she still has not recieved the information. I am really mad. I never authorized the amount and I want the transaction reveersed.

Carla Thomas
    Marietta, GA

• Ga
    Gabina Paiz Feb 20, 2009

I also did not authorize the charge of $39.95 on my card and I am filing for complaint, who ever you are you will be prosecuted!!! this is stealing, fraud and false advertisement!!! Reverse charges ASAP!!!

Gaby Paiz
    San Bernardino, CA

• Gd
    GDS Feb 20, 2009

To all of the people complaining you should read the fine print BEFORE you buy something on the internet.
    I was looking at this site (federalgovernmentgranysolutions.com) If you read the fine print it states that you will be charged $39.95 a month after a 7 day trial period and $7.95 & $9.95 a month for other services. Also the outfit is based in the Phillipines. SCAM ALERT!!!

So folks READ ALL the fine print and terms and conditions section of ANY web site you are buying from.

James R. Craig Feb 21, 2009

I'd like to have their phone number.

James R. Craig Feb 21, 2009

This is a legal scam!

• Fr
    FRank Figueroa Feb 23, 2009

They took 39.95 instead of 2.95 for cd I never got for grants that are available

Annie Feb 23, 2009

Seems like all of us have been ripped off. So, how do we get our money back. That's $39.95 that I could have
    used for something else. I thought it was only $2.99 as well then I look into my account and to my surprise there's a charge for $39.95. All I want is my money reversed back into my account and we're good to go.

• Bu
    Bud Feb 24, 2009

I was told that I would have 2 weeks trial of the site for $2.29 that was charged on 2/9/09 On 2/23/09 I was charge $39.95 and THAT was the day the CD arrived. I called, reached a service rep, and was told that if I called before 3/22/09 I could cancel the service. I will try out the CD and report back to this forum.

Bud

• Ki
    kimmymac2 Feb 24, 2009

I paid the 2.95 for the grant cd which I never got. Then was charged an extra 39.95 on my credit card, a charge I never authorized.

• Jj
    j jaikes Feb 24, 2009

I ordered a cd about how to apply for government grants and was told that I would be charged $2.95. They said that the cd was free and I just had to pay for shipping. I just got my cc statement and they charged me $39.95. This is credit card fraud and if $39.95 is not credited back to my card by the end of March, 2009. I will contact the Arizona Attorney Generals Office and file a complaint for, interstate credit card fraud. Mabe the U.S. Attorney's office would be interested in this.Ashame on you taking us for granted on these grants I have filed a fraud statement with my cc company .

• Da
    dave_mwi Feb 24, 2009

They say up front they are charging you 2.95 for shipping.

Way down below (I went back to the page) there is fine print saying that they'll charge you 39.95, 7.95 and then 9.95 for other programs that if you don't call and cancel your account for, you'll get charged.

First of all - the page is very misleading. Second of all - and here is the key - the fine print says:

For your security, all transactions on this site are protected with Secure Sockets Layer encryption. By clicking "Ship My CD", I am ordering the Grant Master CD™and trial membership for $2.29 S&H, after the seven day trial I will be charged $39.95 a month thereafter..." etc, etc etc

Notice that you need to click on "Ship My CD"...and this is where? I've even attached an image of the web page...where is the 'Ship My CD' button???
    I even attached another page from another part of this tangled web of lies...they *might* have a leg to stand on with the second one, because they actually have a checkbox right next to the button informing you of where the fine print is, but again the fine print says by clicking 'Submit'...of which there is no button.

Call: 18663965694 and ask for your money back if you clicked on a button that is not named anything at all near what the fine print says you're agreeing to...they gave me three confirmation numbers for the three additional charges.

Good Luck.

• Lo
    Lois D Feb 25, 2009

I also checked my cc today the 25th of Feb 2009 and I was also charged $39.95 instead of the $2.95 I was told. I have not even received my CD as of today. I had ordered it on 02/21/09...
    If any one has the number that I caould talk to PLEASE post it here...Thank You

Annette Newell Feb 25, 2009

i just checked my bank account and saw that Mygrantsite.net deducted $39.95 out of my account. I did NOT agree to anything with them, How do I get in touch with them to get my money back. This is such crap! I don't have the money, energy or time to deal with stupid people like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

• Ci
    Circle Feb 25, 2009

The number for these scam people is 1-877-495-1145. Be aware you're going to have a foreigner that's hard to understand. And will get your name wrong no matter how many times you tell him your name!!!

• Ro
    rocker314 Feb 25, 2009

Thank you for posting the number. I will also try to check them on Scam Search. Scams are widely used by some people who are too desperate just to have money.

• Ba
    babsy0123 Feb 26, 2009

there is a phone number on my bank account its 1800 487 7085 I am calling them now and I am on hold let's see how long it takes to get a person on the line.

This is BOGUS I wanted the CD but then changed my mind, was still charged the $2.29 and now $39.95 from my checking account.

• Ba
    babsy0123 Feb 26, 2009

I called them and they continually said I asked for this and I pushed enough to get the items refunded to me...there were 2 other charges waiting to be processed on my account.

He took them off and I called 800 487-7085 and spoke with some customer service person.

The charges were taken off now lets see if they are put back in my bank account.

good luck.

• Re
    Reggie Feb 26, 2009

I am in the same boat as all of you. But as of today(02/26/09), I have not gotten a CD and my account has been charged $2.95 and $39.95. The order was placed 02/18/09.

• Mi
    Michael Hodgson Feb 26, 2009

Are you sure you didn't sign up for Google Profits (a program designed to inform us about affiliate marketing programs) & receive their CD? If you did, theyare ones that charged the $39.95 & will continue monthy from now on until cancelled. The other programs that are part of the package is the My Grants that lets you log on & search for government grant availability & another one called Network Agenda that, supposedly, sets you up in various networks for the purpose of gaining business, finding a job, etc.

• Ka
    Karen Feb 26, 2009

I am another one with the same story. Balanced my check book today and found a $39.95 charge today. My account was charged 2.95 Feb 17 haven't received a CD.
    Karen

• Ra
    Raven Feb 27, 2009

PEOPLE WAKE UP!!! If it sounds too good to be true it is!!! The government doesn't give grants just because you all want free money. It doesn't work that way. You all should have checked out the government's website first. Everyone here got what they deserved. You wanted free money...You have to be kidding me...You fell for that??? Greed will get you everytime. And for you losers who think the Attorney General in your states cares...Please..

NEXT TIME READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS!!! WHILE YOU'RE AT IT...DON'T ORDER ANY OF THE ACAI BERRY CLEANSES EITHER!!! SAME STORY...

ANY ad promising to give you something for nothing should be an alarm bell. Use your brains people!!!

Go to your banks and get it stopped there. Technically, you all agreed to the $2.99 charge. That could be construed as "AUTHORIZING" the charges.

Wise up next time!!!

Mario Feb 28, 2009

How did this company get my information amd how would this company be able to take money from my account?

What are we doing about this?

How do we stop this?

• Mi
    mike garcia Feb 28, 2009

When i first spoke to this co, i instructed the person that i didn't want any part of this if i was going to be charged any more then the one dollar and forteen cents for looking at this, and now i have had to stop my account becausa of another charge and file a complant. So please do not ever charge me again and refund the $39.00 that you have taken.

Mike Garcia

• El
    elhigley Feb 28, 2009

I authorized a shipping charge of <$5 for an informational CD. Now I see I've been charged $39.95 w/o my permission.

• Pi
    pillore Feb 28, 2009

Charged my credit card 39.95 even when I did not submit button. THIS SITE IS NOT SECURE!!! This is another scam.

• Jd
    Jd08 Mar 01, 2009

This was post on CNN website that why I did. I just checked my acount now and also they took $39.95 out of it. I placed the older a week ago. No cd no nothing yet.

• De
    deltabravo143 Mar 01, 2009

This is a phishing type scam, if you respond to their email or go to the web page and enter your credit card number regardless of whether or not you press Submit they will still be able to capture the information then start charging your card for all sorts of things. The only recourse is to immediately contest the charges as Unauthorized and tell the card issuer your credit card has been compomised.

• Co
    Connie Mar 02, 2009

I also was charged $2.95 + $39.95 even after I called them to cancel. They gave me cancellation numbers and still took money. I will go to my bank and make sure they get no more.
    Connie

• Ea
    earlene Mar 02, 2009

well i see they got my stupid ###.and from what i'm understanding isn't nothing anybody can do.we just got ###ed ouit of 40.00 dollars, good day everybody.

• Ru
    Ruth Jpnes Mar 02, 2009

A charge to my cc has appeared suddenly and every time I call I get put on infernal hold. I will be reporting this to my CC company and have the charges removed.

• Gl
    GLENDA SIZEMORE Mar 02, 2009

man this really sucks Ieven playing i want my money back and baCK FAST. DONT EVEN HAVE A NUMBER TO CALL YA PLEASE PUT THIS MONEY U TOOK BACK ON MY CARD. I HAVE TO PUT FOOD ON MY TABLE HOW DOES SOMEONE OFFER FREE MONEY THEN TAKE UR MONEY?

• Je
    jessica7207 Mar 02, 2009

We were told we would get a cd for government grants for a total of $2.95. Now I look on my bank account and they have taken $39.95 out and we cannot get anyone to answer the 1-800 number given 1-877-495-1145. This is complete bull crap and I don't see how this is legal at all. I want all of my money refunded immediately to my bank account or I am seeking further action by the end of the week.