Worthy Tails Animal RescueFraud and Unjust

My fiancé And I were invited to the rescue after our application was approved. We absolutely fell in love with the puppy. We set up a day and time to pick him up, discussed payment, and the woman said he was ours. Afterwards, we bought toys, leash, collar, everything we would need for the puppy. The next day I saw she had updated the pictures o our puppy, which I found odd since we were going to take him. We called her to ask why and she said she had a gut feeling it wouldn't work out and hung up the phone. I tried calling her back and she wouldn't answer my calls or emails. I cried for an hour, completely heartbroken and now we have to take the stuff we bought back. She is a terrible person who took our puppy away after telling us he was ours. It was not fair and he had no reason to do so. Beware of this woman who only has a bunch of dogs in her mansion...saying it is a rescue is a joke.

More Worthy Tails Animal Rescue Complaints & Reviews

• Wo
    worthytails Nov 01, 2011

This couple came and met the puppy. The "fiance" dropped his phone on the ground and made the statement that his phone receives quite a beating as he has thrown his phone against the wall in anger. He stated that his mother had called him "too early" in the morning a couple of weeks before and it made him so angry that he threw his phone against the wall. He also stated that he had a pitbbull...which, was never included on his application. When I asked him what happened to the pitbull...he stumbled for words and said "I don't know...I think he ran away". As a rescuer...it is my responsibility to try and place my dogs/puppies in good/stable/loving/responsible homes. The couple passed on their reference calls...but, obviously...none of the references spoke of his anger issues or the "disposed" pitbull...even when asked if they knew of the couple giving up a dog. I have no regrets whatsoever not adopting to this couple. They are dishonest and the woman had absolutely no interest in the puppy. Everytime I handed her the puppy, she placed the puppy on the ground as the puppy's claws were snagging her sweater. The puppy had absolutely no interest in them. They were not able to adopt the puppy for 2 weeks. The next day, I spoke with the and told them I would not be adopting the puppy to them based on the above facts. After telling them, the couple called me 18 times in less than 2 hours...never leaving a message...just continuing to call and hang up.