WageWorksTrain Pass

K

This company is a complete scam. I'm not sure if they are getting kickbacks from the local transit companies or deep discounts that they don't want their customers to know about but they are absolutely horrible in their customer service. I had left my company suddenly. When I tried to get a refund for my monthly train pass I was told on the phone that I had until the 5th of the month to return the pass to get a refund. I sent the pass to them via priority, certified mail with the pass and a cover letter with my information and phone number. They sent it back to me with a letter dated the 2nd that I didn't receive until the 7th 2 days after their own deadline stating they could not refund the pass due to not being able to verify my election. They did not call me even though I had put my phone number on the cover letter. When I called them they then informed me that I couldn't get a refund anyway because they could only issue a credit and since I was no longer with the same company they couldn't do that either.

So not only did they not give me the right information, they also tricked me into spending even more money to send them the pass and then they changed the reason for not being able to refund me the $188.50 when I called them. I am going to advise my company that there must be better options than this company to handle transit and parking costs. It's pretty obvious that they are either incompetent or corrupt, if not both.

• Dear WageWorks Participant,

Thank you for your communication concerning your account issues. Your feedback is very important, and on behalf of WageWorks, we sincerely apologize for your experience.

We recognize your level of dissatisfaction and would value the opportunity to resolve your account concerns. Please contact us at [email protected] for additional assistance.

Sincerely,
    Executive Escalation Team

• Di
    dissapointedcustomer12 Mar 09, 2012

WageWorks is supposed to make it easier for you to get your commuter train pass every month and for less money since you get it taken out of your paycheck pretax dollar. But since they process the pass for the following month on the 10th of every month, if you are not going to need next month's pass- they don't give you much time to really figure that out. GOD FORBID you return a monthly pass to get a refund they will not give it to you. I called and was told that if I returned my monthly pass that I would be sent a check for the money that I paid out of pocket (which for a 208 train pass it turned out to be 83 dollars I paid out of pocket). I was told I would get that money in my own pocket by two people - only to now find out today that the company does not give you any money back and all they do is give you a credit on your account (for me 208) for a future pass. ONLY PROBLEM IS - WAGEWORKS - IS THAT I NO LONGER NEED TO COMMUTE SO I NO LONGER NEED ANY CREDIT! ... don't see how they can't understand the concept..i paid for the train pass they send it to me - i send the pass back I SHOULD PROBABLY GET MY MONEY BACK. i guess the concept is too difficult for them to understand. They are ###s and scam artists in my mind. I will never use the company ever again in my life and i do not recommend anyone else using them either. If i ever have to commute again - even if a company i work for uses WageWorks I will NOT be using them. I will find a different company that does the same thing but instead - have brains.

• Dear WageWorks Participant,

Thank you for your communication dated March 9, 2012 concerning your account issues. Your feedback is very important, and on behalf of WageWorks, we sincerely apologize for your experience.

Sincerely,
    Executive Escalation Team

• Kn
    knjigovodja Nov 09, 2012

Similar story : Because of unforeseen circumstances, I needed to cancel my monthly pass for October. I called customer service on 09/24, and was told that it was too late to cancel the order for October, and that I should not worry as my account will be credited. All I was supposed to do was to call them back in early November. So I called WageWorks today, the first person I got on line told me that there is nothing that can be done as my money is already gone. The second person I talked (supervisor) told me that I need to talk to MUNI and Caltrain (in San Franciscy Bay Area) to get my money back. The third person (general manager of the customer support?) told me I need to talk to Clipper (MUNI and Caltrain passes are "loaded" to Clipper card). So what is going on? I spent more than 2 hours on phone without getting a resolution. Are we talking about completely incompetent customer service or a scam? When I pointed out discrepancies and misguidance to the manager (the manager should be responsible for the action of his/her subordinates), all I got back was that I need to send a complaint letter to their Executive Escalation Team !!???! Now I wonder should I forget those $185 I wasted on the unused monthly pass, or should I hire an attorney to represent me. The latter will definitely cost me more, but at least I will have a satisfaction of seeing WageWorks at court. Honestly, at this moment I do not care about money, but on principle.

• Th
    thefsaexpert May 07, 2013

I wouldve just sold the pass to someone else and got my money back and dont deal with WW.