Vonsirresponsible action resulting in theft or loss

J Jul 18, 2019 Review updated:

6/17/19 My daughter removed class ring in bathroom to wash hands at Vons #3058 in Yucca Valley and forgot it. Thrilled and thankful an employee found her ring and friended her on FB (her name is engraved) to let her know it was found. My daughter was thankful and said she would drive and pick it up. Employee said manager said they would mail it as it was a distance.

Well, FLAT letter envelope arrived, with some tears but no ring. I called Summer, who signed the letter, to let her know I opened a case with the Post Office for a lost ring. While I was thankful the ring was found in the store, I'm astounded at the irresponsibility of placing it in a flat envelope. She said "Oh, it was not just placed in the envelope. It was wrapped in bubble wrap, secured with a rubber band" and THEN placed in a letter envelope. "I'm sure it was the size of a ping pong ball, " Summer said. Even more shocking someone thought it appropriate to send this way. A bulky item absolutely should NOT have been mailed this way. We would've sent a pre-addressed stamped bubble envelope or small box for mailing.

It is likely stolen due to the thickness of the envelope. I inquired of Summer if Vons would be able to assist us in replacing the ring, since the irresponsibility was on the sender's end. She "looked into" and called me back that there's no policy but will help with the Post Office investigation.

Since my daughter didn't ask the ring to be mailed and quite the opposite offered to drive to pick it up, I feel Vons should be helpful in replacing the ring. Anyone I share this with is shocked it was sent in a flat envelope. This ring cost just under $300. Thankfully, Jostens has a ONE-TIME ring replacement program. The Post Office actually told me this, as it is likely stolen due to the bulk.

Replacing my daughter's ring would be $93.06. I would greatly appreciate Vons help in taking care of replacing her ring as I feel it was handled irresponsibly. Summer (asst. bookkeeper #3058) has been very kind to speak with and responsive, though it is very hard to get ahold of her due to our conflicting hours and she does not have a voice mail. I appreciate her looking into assistance, though it was not fruitful.

I am a lifetime Vons shopper here in Hermosa Beach. I know customer service is top notch. Please consider helping replacing this treasured item for my daughter. Thank you. Photos of envelope attached. Please call with any questions.

[removed]
[removed]

• Updated by J919B · Jul 23, 2019

Ok y'all... I will continue to know that we're all in this together despite the rudeness most of you choose to display. I used my name as I believed I was only sending my message to the company. I'm not one to air dirty laundry on a site. I searched the company, the logo was there with address. So my mistake. Good God, I'm imperfect. Boo hoo. Had I known of course I wouldn't have listed everything and that's the only reason I want it removed. Could this be more boring? Move on.

• Updated by J919B · Jul 24, 2019

Amusing how people think they know things about someone they know nothing about. So happy and impressed that everyone here lives free of error in their lives. How nice for you. I do wish I could say the same but oh well. Please continue to beat this dead horse...it seems to be very satisfying to most involved.

• Updated by J919B · Jul 24, 2019

my goodness, such language. I said "most" involved. If you personalized that, that's not on me.

• SubSquirrel Jul 18, 2019

Your daughter should pay for her replacement ring. It will teach her to be responsible for her things. You should have insisted that you drive over to retrieve it.

J919ᗷ Jul 24, 2019

@SubSquirrel I am teaching my daughter to be honest and responsible. When my daughter started lying and saying that my boyfriend was molesting her I told her that it was wrong for her to lie. That I still love her and that she has no reason to be jealous.

J919B Jul 24, 2019

not my post, not my words, not my life. someone's highjacked me.

J919B Jul 24, 2019

@J919ᗷ not my post; not my words.

• Um is not an answer! Jul 20, 2019

Of course there would be no ring! Some middle man person felt the suspicious Ring shaped object in the poorly chosen package and tore it open! Your daughter should not have allowed this mailing situation to happen. She should have insisted on picking it up nomatter where it was, or meet in a public place. To be honest, the fact that the founder of the ring is being this obnoxious with giving it back to the person in person, is a little more than fishy.

• SubSquirrel Jul 20, 2019

I’ve washed my hands many times (!) in a public restroom and have never taken my rings off there. Two are diamonds and another is a puzzle ring. I simply wash and dry by moving them up a bit to get under them. I don’t take them off at home, either. I’ve put down my pocketbook and washed up but have never left it behind. I look before I leave.

Fa’shnickered was probably the state of your daughter. Next time have her use a pocket or leave them with you. Or, better yet, look before she leaves.

• Um is not an answer! Jul 22, 2019

@SubSquirrel Something tells me she was on campus or away from home when it happened.

• SubSquirrel Jul 22, 2019

@Um is not an answer! At the place mentioned but I don’t know if it’s a restaurant or market

• SubSquirrel Jul 23, 2019

They generally don’t remove posts because you’ve changed your mind. Abuse, spam, and other violations are removed but they assume grownups post here and review their posts before hitting “reply”.

J919ᗷ Jul 24, 2019

@SubSquirrel They will have to remove my post.

• SubSquirrel Jul 24, 2019

@J919ᗷ I don’t think that they “have” to do anything just because you ask. Their website and their rules.

J919B Jul 25, 2019

@J919ᗷ Not my post. Been jacked.

• SubSquirrel Jul 24, 2019

I don’t know how you can post on this site without knowing it isn’t a corporate website. The url is clearly written and is obviously a site for consumers.

I’d never post anything on a website unless I knew that it was the site I wanted. Google will search the site for information and your phone number will be listed with your name. Getting Google to remove a listing is very frustrating and not easy.

Of course, you could kindly write to the admin of this site and ask for your phone number to be removed. They are pretty easy to deal with and a polite note can help. Don’t try “git my fvckin numbah off or imma sue yer a$$ fer givin it 2 peoples.”

We aren’t “boring” because we didn’t choose to post our names and numbers in public. We read about this site, learned how it worked, and chose it participate in it. We read the rules and follow them. You see us as rude but we’re blunt and to the point. You are embarrassed and lashed out at us and we responded.

A simple “oops I made a big mistake. Please help me out with my issue and help me remove my phone number. Thank you very much.” goes further than your snarky comments and your attitude. Remember we’re just users of the site like you are. A sense of humor is better than taking everything personally.

• Um is not an answer! Jul 24, 2019

@SubSquirrel Actually, we're WISE for not posting our names. Quora can suck it!

J919B Jul 24, 2019

@Um is not an answer! Pretty annoyed with myself that I didn't navigate this site well enough before hitting submit. Yup, my fault. Yup, I made a mistake. Trust me, reading everyone basically telling me I'm a complete a&&hole and moron is my penance. I really just thought it was a mistake. I've written about 6 times to remove. They'll probably leave it as it seems to be fodder for some. I wasn't implying that ya'll were boring, just that this subject is boring and I am unclear how it took such legs. My snarky comments is my attempt at humor, without using profanity. Sorry I'm not better at it. Trying to make some laugh. Enjoy this beautiful day.

• Um is not an answer! Jul 24, 2019

Oh my God you fvking bi7ch, Janine!

I actually said your daughter taking off a ring to wash her hands and then forgetting it was an understandable mistake. A human mistake.

Her allowing it to be mailed to you or her is the first problem we have. The other part is you wanting this Vons company to pay for this honest, human mistake.

Take responsibility!

• Um is not an answer! Jul 24, 2019

Christ on a stick! YOU personalized VINS stealing the ring!!!

You and your daughter need to grow up and accept responsibility for your actions!

J919B Jul 24, 2019

@Um is not an answer! Grow up - done! Accept responsibility - done! Thanks for your recommendations.

J919B Jul 24, 2019

those are not my posts, nor my words. This site is dangerous. My account's been jacked.

J919B Jul 24, 2019

Not lying. Not even close to funny. Totally jacked. Really couldn't care less if you believe me or not

• Um is not an answer! Jul 30, 2019

@J919B You were not jacked. Someone created a username with your name on it and went to town. This site allows you to do that for some asinine reason. I can't, however, recreate my original username with the same email address as original. No one hacked your account.

• Um is not an answer! Jul 24, 2019

Actually my "such language!!😱" Was in response to this lovely ray of sunshine:

//So happy and impressed that everyone here lives free of error in their lives.//

See that, ridiculous buchiach?? EVERYONE!!! You wrote everyone.

Like the whiner you are!

J919B Jul 24, 2019

@Um is not an answer! "lovely ray of sunshine" -- well, that's the first kind thing posted. Appreciate it.

• SubSquirrel Jul 24, 2019

Lol someone is impersonating her Click her nickname and you’ll see!

• Um is not an answer! Jul 30, 2019

@SubSquirrel That someone is our friend: Mr BEnchboy.

• Um is not an answer! Jul 24, 2019

Hehehe. You think changing your handle will get us to stop saying grow up?

J919B Jul 24, 2019

@Um is not an answer! Oh, yes, yes, I did. Is it working?