Victoria Vitale-Lewis, MDBad Plastic Surgery

D

The Feminine Facelift is a hoax! Dr. Vitale-Lewis performed this procedure on me and I look like cat woman. My eyes are stretched so much that I look oriental. My face looks overdone so much that I cry every time I look in the mirror. I can't believe Dr. Vitale-Lewis did this to me. Please please do not go to her. Find someone else!

More Victoria Vitale-Lewis, MD Complaints & Reviews

• Kp
    kpal Oct 04, 2008

I agree with the comments about Dr Vitale Lewis. The so called feminine facelift left me with deformed eyes so bad that I could hardly see. The lids were pulled away from the eyeballs so badly that I had to go to another local facial plastic surgeon to correct the eyes. I almost went blind. Now my eyes are ok, but my face looks so stretched and windblown that I look ridiculuous.

• Cy
    CybilK Oct 12, 2008

Dr Vitale Lewis did a lip plumping on me three years ago. Ever since then, these little sandy granules have been festering and turning into sores on my lips. I am so embarassed. No one can tell me what she put in my lips. It must have been something that she bought on a trip to Europe or something like that. Vitale Lewis is trouble. Stay away.

• Bo
    booplvr25 Oct 29, 2008

I have seen her work and sent some of my friends to her for different procedures over the last couple of years. They haven't made any complaints. Have you addressed your concerns with the office? This would show you to be compliant.

• Cy
    Cybilk Oct 31, 2008

To the person that responded to my earlier remark about looking like cat woman and not receiving help from the office of Dr. Vitale-Lewis. YES!! I have been in the office numerous times to voice my complaints. She just brushes me off each time I come into the office. It is a waste of my time and she is offensive and rude. I have found someone else in town to take care of me instead. Thank you for your concern, though.

• Kr
    Kristen Jan 30, 2009

I had a breast augmention in 2003, going into surgery with the mind set that I was going to get 450 cc, when I was in recover the first thing out of my mouth was I LOOK LIKE DOLLY PARTON! She put 550cc in, and I am a small framed woman. I am so unhappy! I am currently looking to find a doctor to remore and replace what she has done. I called the office numerous times and voiced how unhappy I was and they don't care because they got paid. DO NOT GET SURGERY done by her!

• Fr
    FrKla Feb 17, 2009

I had a facelift by Dr. Vitale Lewis. I am so disappointed with my results. My face and lips look so pulled and unnatural. My scars are widened and terrible. I have been back several times to talk to Dr Vitale-Lewis and she just dismisses my concerns as unimportant. It is demeaning to see her and she lacks any sense of compassion or willingness to address my concerns in a valid fashion.

• In
    Ingrid Lapmer Feb 22, 2009

Dr. Vitale Lewis performed the so called FEMININE FACELIFT on me and I now look anything but feminine. She cut a muscle in my eye, so I cannot close my eye and it feels like someone is stabbing me in the eye all the time. She also cut a nerve to my mouth so my smile is crooked. When I complained, she refused to meet with me. PLEASE FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR. Save yourself.

• Bg
    BG1998 Mar 19, 2009

I have to say... WOW! I have had a breast augmentation with Dr. Vitale Lewis last year and she did a great job! She explained all the benefits/risks of both saline and silicone. I chose the implant size, that fit my figure, she didn't pick that out. I have had at least 4 girlfriends go to have surgery with her, that's why I went there. We all have great results!!!

• Mi
    Michelle Mar 20, 2009

I had liposuctions and a silicone breast augmentation done back in January of this year. I am so pleased with the results that I would send my best of friends and all my family members to her! In fact my mother-in-law just had the feminine face lift . She is only two weeks out from her surgery and she already looks 10 years younger and more refreshed. I love her honesty and female approach to what concerns women! I think the people that post these hateful things about Dr. Vitale had some kind of unreal idea of what cosmetic surgery is. . . . In my opinion THERE IS NO BETTER DOCTOR THE STATE!!! Thank you Dr. Vitale-Lewis for giving me a new since of confidence and new found positive outlook on life! Crazy enough my husband is getting lipo of his love handles in April.

• Pa
    Pat Hartling Apr 02, 2009

I had an abdominoplasty done by Dr. Vitale-Lewis two years ago. She did a fantastic job, very meticulous about every little detail. I cannot say enough positive things about her or her staff. I was treated so well and any questions I had were answered immediately and thoroughly. I have given her name to many of my customers and will continue doing so. Pat Hartling

Angela Apr 06, 2009

I just wanted to say thanks to Dr. Vitale-Lewis and her staff. I had a Breast Augmentation done with her about 8 months ago and couldn't be more pleased!!!

I researched around town and the end result that Dr. Vitale-Lewis produces gave me that WOW feeling! Some of the other surgeons in the area, just didn't give me the same feeling that I got in her office. I wanted the best, and that's what I got.

• Sm
    SMc Jun 03, 2009

I have had a tummy tuck and lipo done by Dr V. I love her, She is a perfectionist. Prior to surgery I had a vertical Csection scar which made my stomach look like a behind. I now wear bikinis and my husband said he feels like hes with another woman. Also I went back for a brow lift and lids done. I love looking in the mirror again. Thanks Dr Vitale... you are my hero!

• Ne
    never again Jun 08, 2009

After a facelift one need to wait for a year to allow the skin to adjust. A friend did a facelift and it looked pulled and thight for many months, but settled after a year just as the surgeon had told.

• Mi
    Miss Vicki Jul 29, 2009

moved to Florida 7 years ago. I was 55 then, and looking somewhat tired, with bags under eyes. I went to Dr. Vitale-Lewis to improve my appearance and look somewhat younger again. A have always had pretty eyes, almond in shape and told I looked like Sophia Loren. My upper weren't that bad, but thought the removal of some fat, (never over 3 mil) wouldn't hurt. I remember stating to her the evening of my surgery, “please don't mess up my eyes, they are the window to your soul and my best feature.” She smiled with confidence.
    My oldest daughter picked me up from the surgery, and immediately knew something was wrong. My eyes were surely swollen, and bursed, more than any photos she had seen regarding upper and lower eyelid surgery.
    One week later my eyes were still swollen shut and bruised. Dr. Vitale- Lewis put me on Steroids and that reduced the effects. Weeks after the surgery, my eyes would not stay closed entire night during sleep. My daughter again was the one to notice, along with the altered appearance this surgery produced.
    My eyes were no longer almond, they were round and very wide. I looked like I was scared by something all the time.
    I have hollow eye sockets now and they still stay open when I sleep. My entire appearance was changed to a negative effect, and with every visit I made to Dr. Vitale -Lewis office, I heard the same thing, "GIVE IT TIME". It became apparent after the 4-5th visit, she did not know what to do for corrections, nor was she going to admit any error.
    After conferring with another surgeon, I found out that she cut access tissue from my eyes, leaving a hollow socket. Too much fat was taken out as well, and leaving little skin, or muscle strength, to close eyes for the entire night. I can blink, thank god.
    Since my eyes are wide and hollow, it has also changed my facial features. They are also hollowed in appearance, making face longer in appearance and my once high cheek bones adding to my skeleton look. My family back home did not recognize me when they first saw me. Only my voice indicated who I was. I have gone shopping in stores while visiting my hometown, running into old friends as they pass me by. I do not even resemble who I once looked like and too embarrassed and ashamed of what I look like now. I too, have looked in the mirror everyday and have a stranger looking back for the past 7 years.
    Although I seek for some reversion type of treatment, they are more expensive than the original, and I could ever afford. I did have my own collagen injected into my upper lid, but only 20% stays while the rest is absorbed, so lasting effect was temporary. I've looked at Strip fat grafting, again the cost is too great and no guarantee this would work.
    I've heard all the statements, “why was I so vain, ” and “I should of left my appearance alone“. I remember over hearing my son say one day, “it must be hard for mom, she was once so beautiful and let that doctor butcher her face.” I've cried, thought what did I do to deserve this? Woman everyday have surgery done and it leaves a positive effect.
    I would not recommend this doctor for my dog. She maybe good at some work, but for eye lid surgery she ruined my life, and appearance. Little can be done legally with elective surgery, and unless your left horribly disfigured, juries don't feel for you, and attorneys even less. I may still go blind one day from my eyes not completely closing at night. I have scratched my cornea during sleep at night, and have had to receive medical treatment for it.
    DO YOUR HOMEWORK !!! Do not assume because a doctor is Board Certified they know what they are doing. These postings are a great source of information. If I had pictures I'd up-load, so everyone could see my “before and after“. I stopped taking pictures of myself 7 years ago.
    I rarely go out in public when visiting home. Not that I'll be recognized, but the mental and emotional effects are too difficult to deal with as time goes by, and little hope is left for any correction.
    Beware, of what this doctor performs on you. There are something’s in life, we may never recover from. For me this is one of them.

• Bl
    Blough Mee Aug 19, 2009

She's a butcher. I see people all the time coming out of her office who look like monsters and circus sideshow freaks. But anyone stupid enough to let a surgeon use fishing line under their skin to pull up their face... well what can I tell ya. .

But take a look at her... it's obvious she goes for the freaky look b/c she herself looks all stretched and tucked. The second I saw her I said "there's a woman who is addicted to plastic surgery" - I had no idea at the time that she herself was a surgeon as well.

Later, I saw her on TV... notice how bloody her procedures are compared to other surgeons. Obviously she's a quack.

• ms. Lillian Dec 14, 2009

She has ruined more womans faces and lives than should ever be allowed. Why this woman is still in practice is confusing.
    Her life continues to go on without any accountability. That should be illegal.
    She may get a hit now and then, but for the most part you are taking one hell of a chance with your Face in the hands of this woman.
    She is a very aggressive surgeon, using that feminine marketing approach. Bull!
    In my opinion she should have more training the area of any facial procedures from eye's to face lift, and all in between.
    I have told anyone who will listen, and showed them pictures of what I once looked like and are considering plastic surgery to "Avoid" this so called plastic surgeon. Run like she is the plague! With all the Excellent Plastic Surgeons in this State, why would anyone take a risk with your appearance.
    Trust me, this is not the only web sight that has her ratings and reviews.
    WARNING ! You may end up deformed!

• Il
    I Love Dr. VL Jan 27, 2010

These days you can post anything about anyone! In the electronic high speed world of today, defamation of character is as easy as pushing a button. I worked for Dr. Vitale-Lewis for many years and as I reflect on my career with her, she was demanded to work for however she demanded perfection out of herself as well as her staff. Who wouldn't want their Plastic Surgeon to be a perfectionist? Isn't that why we go to get plastic surgery in the first place? If you were broomed off by her with your unrealistic expectations than it was becuase she had 20 other extremly happy patients waiting on her! IT'S TOO BAD SHE DIDN'T HOLD YOUR OVERLY NEEDED HAND! I'm sorry people, but you should think before they react. Posting negative career damaging things about Dr. Vitale-Lewis is just wrong! She is an amazing surgeon and educates other medical doctors on her skills. I have seen her work first hand and now work for another plastic surgeon who's work does not compare. (we won't name names) Nonetheless, have a realistic idea of what plastic surgery can do for you. Dr. Vitale-Lewis can only do so much for the people out there that started with ugly breast, face and body! She's not a magician!!! Come on people . . . . reality!!! You're just mad that you were ugly to begin with. You need to take that up with GOD and reflect on your inner beauty . . . . . .

• Th
    ThaddeusR Jan 27, 2010

Apparently this is the same Dr. that worked on Bob Costas

• ms. Lillian Feb 02, 2010

This is too: I LOVE VL..You must be a former staff member or current.You get your check from her income too. She is unskilled and botched more woman's faces than mine. I belong to as many plastic surgery and review a doctor web sights as I possibly can.

Why? Because it is now my mission to warn others of this so called Plastic Surgeon.
    My expectations were "not" too high. I was once a beautiful woman, confident in my appearance.
    I had bags from age was 55) and only wanted them removed. She talked me into upper lids and I foolishly thought because she had a fancy web sight, certified in plastic surgery, she knew what she was doing WRONG!
    I will pay for "her raping me of my genetic identity" for the "rest of my life". I no longer resemble my family members or children. And that my Dear, was not from having high expectations!!!
    It's been 8 years and I still need counseling for loss and deformity at times. She ruined and changed my appearance and life, while this so called P.S. goes on to destroy others.

My hollowed face and sunken, hollowed, inverted sockets eyes are a direct cause of her unskilled hands and removing so much tissue and fat. I've had 5 other plastic Surgery Specialists consulted for reversion, tell me there isn't much to work with in volume for reversion. She removed TOO MUCH FAT and TISSUE, leaving my result. I can back up every word I'm saying as well. I have all 5 reports, and not much can be done for long term upper lids if any. I have traveled to California and Illinois for reversion consults. All are risky and no giantess's. I can not show neglect, only aggressive and unskilled methods and skill.

And WARN OTHER!

She butchered me real good. Changed my entire face and appearance to a NEGATIVE.

She is NOT a perfectionist. They don't run and hide from unsatisfied clients, or tell them to give it time. That's real professional. Time will never fix me, only make it worse.

She wanted to put Cow Collagen in my eyes. Can you imagine? I would be a real mess.

Yeah, she is a perfectionist alright.
    I'm not saying she doesn't get a Hit now and then, but with all her experience( over 20 years) that is all it is, a Hit. This is not the only web sight that holds the horror stories of this woman's unskilled hands.
    DO NOT GO TO THIS BUTCHER!!! PLEASE! there are way to many good plastic surgeons in Florida and on the East Coast of Florida. Unfortunately for me, I choice the worst and will pay and pay emotionally, and physically for the rest of my life.
    I tried to upload photo's, but it wouldn't let me. I no longer have a problem in showing anyone interested in my eyes today, compared to yesterday. And my expectations were only normal. NO eye lid surgery should ever change your eyes, in shape or appearance. She is a butcher, STAY AWAY !!!

• Sm
    smiletoyou Mar 18, 2010

I used to work for Vitale-Lewis, MD and let me tell you something! She does great Breast Augmentations, but if I wanted a facelift, tummytuck or any other procedure, I would be going to another surgeon. I have seen too many people leave that office unhappy with the results that they got. For the person who LOVES DR VL, don't sugar coat the truth. You know who you are, and you still work there! Keep in mind "What goes around, comes around" and honey, your time is coming!!!

• Ba
    babalootie May 24, 2010

Wow, this is all pretty scary.

I write her a note every year thanking her for the wonderful results I got. It did take a year for everything to settle, and I felt that one side was a little thinner than the other so she got me in there and fixed it without charge. Because I was awake during this procedure, I was able to note the extreme care she took to make sure everything was absolutely sterile. I found her to be professional and amazingly competent.

My facelift has lasted for 10 years with no change except a little wrinkle around the neck because I was too fat when I got it done and later lost weight. This I surely cannot blame on her. I look great, I look natural, I talked her out of a chin implant without any problem and I think she complied absolutely with everything I asked of her. I recently returned to have the micro laser and those results lasted well over a year and I'm very pleased.

The reason I went there was my mom's excellent lift, and mom's has lasted for almost 20 years with very little droop. She has a few wrinkles now, but still looks great for her age.

I respect your right to disagree, but I imagine that the complainers are in the extreme minority, and that the satisfied customers usually don't find the time to write. This is too bad, because many careers are ruined by this kind of thing.

Every cosmetic procedure carries risk. Be advised and proceed accordingly.

• Be
    BETTER SAFE, THAN SORRY !!! Jun 01, 2010

I agree with all of the NEGATIVE comments regarding DR VICTORIA-VITALIE LEWIS. I too had a complaint and was brushed off. She does make all patients look like
    'catwoman'. She may get a 'hit' now and then. My facelift resulted in an asysemitrical face and lumpy liposuction. Very unhappy with results! DON'T GO THERE, FIND SOMEONE ELSE OR YOU WILL REGRET IT !!!

• Tc
    tcagle Sep 17, 2010

i worked for dr. vl for 5 years and think she is an amazing surgeon, in 5 years i never saw her mess up anyones face, she not only made her pts. look younger but prettier, i have never seen her ignore any of her pts. her pts. also love her to death, i wanted one of her facelifts so bad and when i get older and if she is still in practice she is the only one i would let do it. she wasnt on discovery health 3 times because of her bad results. and for the person above who commented on fishing line, ignorance is a good reason not to comment, she uses PDS sutures, fishing line get real!!! the sutures she places these sutures to suspend the tissue up instead of just pulling the skin back to prevent the wind blown look, and i have never seen any of her pts. pulled to tight. she has people from all over the country come to her BECAUSE SHE IS SO GOOD. 5 years and many facelifts and all satisfied pts.

• De
    Deb Cox Nov 16, 2010

I had the Feminine Facelift performed nine months ago and I look terrific. Dr. VL also performed my breast augmentation about four years ago and I was, and still am, delighted with those results as well. I don't get where folks are reporting that she stretched them too tight on the facelift because this is something she absolutely takes great efforts to avoid. My facelift looks natural, soft, and well sculpted. I have told Dr. VL that she was the artist and I was simply her canvass, and her "artwork" is beautiful. She's a great lady and a very gifted surgeon.

• Me
    Melissacfl Jul 23, 2013

I had an upper blepharoplasty done by her in 1999. I woke up during the procedure and was given more meds to go back to sleep. When I came to I was in recovery and was pretty much ignored. An alarm went off several times because I wasn't breathing enough. A few times someone told me to take a deep breath. But several times I was ignored. I knew someone that worked there so I recognized her voice. I heard her say to the nurse "shouldn't you get that?" There was no reply and no one there with me. After I got home and became more coherent I noticed a big nick on my left eye, like the knife slipped or something. It was between where she cut and my eyebrow. Later that day when I undressed I was horrified to see several bruises on my side and scratch marks. It was in the shape of a hand. The only thing I could think of was that I was too sedated to get off the operating table and couldn't walk and almost fell, so someone grabbed me. The next day when I went into the office and showed the nurse. She supposedly called someone that had been there yesterday and she didn't know what happened...big surprise! My eyes were so swollen I could barely see so she injected steroids into my eyelids. I had to go back a few more times for injections because the swelling was so bad. I understand that swelling happens, but as a result of the injections I had several broken blood vessels. Dr. Vitale-Lewis assured me she would take care of it with a laser. So I got on "the list" for the laser. I was told they only get the machine every few months. Well, I waited and waited, many months. Finally I called and was told they weren't using the laser any longer. I explained that the Dr. told me she would take care of it. The person I spoke to was very rude and said she had to review my file. She never called me back. There's no way I would EVER go there again!!

• ms. Lillian Jul 24, 2013

I have tried to warn others of this Doctors's unskilled and neglectful practices since she ruined my eyes in 2002. Why she is still in practice bloggles my mind. Everything distribed above, were similar experience. I too was put on Steroids, and left with wide opened eye, that did not close. I have had to have several revision surgeries. Also I was ignored when complained, and only told to give it time, which is NOT an acceptable answer any plastic surgery patience should have to hear. She forever changed my genetic identiy and eye shape.
    This doctor is incompanant and anyone who choses to go to her for any Plastic Surgery is taking a hugh chance on coming out of it, changed for the negative, forever.

• Ms
    ms.poo Mar 11, 2016

This IS The Happiest Day Ever! I've just learned Victoria Vitale Lewis is FINALLY CLOSED & CAN'T BUTCHER ANYONE ELSE!!! I Tried to STOP HER & HAVE HER LICENSE PULLED TO PRACTICE BY THE STATE OF FLORIDA in 2003!!!
    (She had to rescuicate me twice & broke off a piece of my Sternum!)
    June 2000 she performed A Breast Augmentation, Medial Thigh Lift, Liposuction & scar Revision from a botched Abdominalplasty from another top State of Florida, Board Certified Dr. Corey Lawler.
    (I was under Anestesia for 10hrs 15mins). One Breast was much larger than the other, Im still lopsided & diveted from The Lipo. One Butt cheek is bigger, much bigger than the other from how she stiched my thighs for The Medial Thigh Lift.
    In Feb 2003 I noticed a large, painful lump in my (L) Breast. I went to go see her. She brushed mr off! By April by breast started swelling & the fever was rising. I had A Concoculated abcess & she ruptured it during an office visit. I had a pocket of infection directly over my heart!
    June 27th, 2003 2 Drs had called her stating that Debris was inside my implant & sent me to her office with the Diagnostic films. She sent me home for the weeked with Antibiotics & said she needed to get A Rep from The Implant Manufactured in for Surgery. 6/30/03 was the Surgery to remove the Defective Implant. I met The Rep whose flew in from Santa Monica for the Surgery. Her name was Maria. She talked to me before Anestesia. After Surgery I asked to see the Defected Implant & she said it was put back in me because nothing was wrong with it. She then made like I was Delusional about meeting Maria.
    2 weeks & 2days later while I was sleeping at my boyfriends house because I was so sick, I woke up all sticky & his mattress was all wet from whatever was going on. There was such an ungodly stench. I went in the bathroom & when I bent over to get tissue & hurl, the most disgusting grey liquid started pouring out from the incision. All my Breast Tissue had rotted!! I still had in the drains from surgery. Douglas brought me into her office before he went to work at 5am. She said she just needed to restitch the incision. She gave me 2 Ativan to rest & left me a room while she did 2 other surgeries! then she sent the staff home!. I heard her say "you have 6 mins to clean the room" as she was heading to the room i was in. Thank God Ruthi Menendez her Aestician was still there.
    I got brought into her surgery room to finally get stiched closed. My flip flops were on the floor next to the table, my jeans were still on, my purse was on the counter along with my cell phone. After she looked at the mess in my chest she said I might need Anestesia & asked if i had anyone picking me up. (my car was in her parking lot. Douglas had a friend follow us to her office in my car, thinking id only be getting more stiches. He rode to work w/his friend) She had no idea Douglas was highly Credible & Launches The Atlas5 Heavy Rockets. He was already out of work & at her back door to pick me up before she finished because I called him so i could get Anestesia. I got No Anestesia & NOTHING TO NUMB ME. All I got was Toxicly Poisoned from The amount of Microbials injected into the same spot on my arm from a guy who I'd never seen before. For all I know he was the room cleaner?
    Douglas heard me screaming bloody murder & no one would let him in! He had no idea what was going on.
    For 4HOURS before he got there she had me VELCROED TO HER TABLE, WIDE AWAKE, Filleting out my breast tissue & as her records say "Meticulously Caurterizing" me, inside my chest!
    I was spitting at her & trying to kick her before my feet got velcroed down. She pulled out my swollen up implant, rinsed it off & was putting it back in me again! I told her I was gonna get another Diagnostic done to get the Serial # off of the implant & call the Manufacturer (plus get an Attny). I felt her scalple pop the implant "The implant's leaking" she said & she called The Only other person left in the whole bldg, to bring in a 500cc or 510cc Implant, Ruthi! They didn't have a 500cc Implant in stock.. So Ruthi grabbed I think a 480cc?
    Ruthi did my skin care for years! She walked into the Surgery room and kept her eyes down. She carried in an implant that wasn't in a sealed package & walked right back out because Douglas was pounding on the doors trying to get in. .
    . I had 2 State of Florida Investigators in 2003 say I didnt provide adequate information to have her License Revoked . Sorry I was sick as a dog & couldnt copy everything. Hearing I was velcroed to a table shouldve been enough. They did have other complaints on Vitale Lewis!
    I have been sick ever since those surgeries. I was on Cipro & Cephlanix BOTH, SAME TIME FOR NEARLY A YEAR? My Digestive tract shut down!! & I was pooping White, Candidia Albacani from all the antibiotics. It cost me a small fortune to try to rebalance my internal environment for Perastalsis to happen again.
    (It hurts to read the records! In my records she implied that I was a prostitute with Mental issues & my "johns' beat me up!
    I have A SSI Judicial Hearing flagged for Congressional Interest on May 3, 2016 & All of Vitale Lewis's records are coming with me. Just months ago I reported her again to The Former County Sheriff who's now An Asst. State Attorney & his pal, The Homocide Agent!