VartechVartech Phone Service - they are horrible!

S

Vartech called my husband about 3 years ago and quoted him a monthly bill of about $29 plus tax. We were currently paying close to $40, so he decided to switch. We got a bill the next month for $42 + tax. Well over the quote and more than what we were paying with our former company. My husband called to complain and was told they don't offer a package for $29. My husband explained that he had a taped line and Vartech was commiting fraud by giving out false information to obtain business. They agreed to lower the price. The next month another bill arrived for over $40. My husband called to cancel. They would not cancel. Weeks later, after multiple phone calls and 2 days with no phone service, we called MCI and they took care of the switch.

We began receiving bills for over $70. They agreed to send a new bill.
A bill arrived for close to $90. Collection agencies began sending letters. To sum this up, 3 YEARS of countless phone calls and letters, the 3rd agency agreed to lower the amount, but demanded our checking account number or credit card number instead of sending a bill. My husband refused as he never heard this agency and wanted a physical bill
in hand for proof.

We have been lied to and harrassed by Vartech Co, they are horrible and I STRONGLY recommend that no one do business with them!

Vartech Phone Service - They are based in TX, we are located in Upstate NY.

More Vartech Complaints & Reviews

• Fr
    friedapples Sep 11, 2018

I called in July to find out why I no longer am able to use their 1010811 access code for long distance calls. I was told that they did not have my address so could not bill me. My service provider was suppose to let me know they had made some type of deal with Vartec Telecom. The person I spoke with told me should would contact their billing department because; altho they had my phone #, they did not have my address. OK. It's now Sept. I called again and was told my account was cancelled in July. WHAT???? To quote part of a line from the movie "The Grapes of Wrath" Who can we shoot?