917 E Park Ave., Fairmont, WV, 26554, US
Fri:8:00 am - 10:00 pm
Sat:8:00 am - 10:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

Family Dollarpoor management

I was wrongfully terminated on Dec 2nd for doing proper open door policy(and hostile reply messages from SM about it) at Fairmont WV store #5292. Also thought you might be interested in knowing things that are going on that are not proper store policy. And I have been in contact with district manager and have sent messages on your Facebook page along with photos( one is showing where the SM too $100 out of petty and left an IOU with her name and other photos from 2 former employees about what they saw happen at the store). The SM and other asm's have also took merchandise without paying. SM and others on cell phone for personal use 20 min to hour talking, video chatting. SN time shaving for lunches not taken. One asm(former SM ) and male asm are cousins and I think the sm got her daughter on working at store because they have different last names. Employees work off same register and know each other I'd numbers. Drops are not being done to drop boxes. I have sent an email pertaining to all that is wrong at that store to the DM like he asked and he would forward it to hr or lp or both. Seeing as to how I was terminated for doing the right thing and they are still employed, I feel discriminated. If you would contact me, my phone number is [protected] and my name is Todd. I am including a pic of one complaint I made. And can supply photos of the other 2 employees statements.

poor management

• Km
    Kmart 9459 Feb 01, 2020

An IOU is permissible in the normal operation of a store. I often when opening a store with start the tills off with no bigger denominations higher then a $5 bill, then if their are $10 bills and $20 bills still remaining in the petty cash I'll take it aswell and add smaller denominations to get to $100, e.g. if there's 3 - $20 bills and 3 -$10 bills, I'll add 2 - $5 to get to $100. This way if the 1st few customers of the day is paying with a $100 bill for a $5 purchase I won't have to give them all my $5s, $1s, quarters, and potentially dimes aswell to give them their change. Once my till gets up to 4 - $20 bills I will return the money to the safe or if I end up using that $100 to break a $100 bill I'll put the new $100 bill in the safe. If I don't do it this way then if one of my 1st customers pay with a $100 bill on a small purchase they would have to either accept a lot of loose coins or wait 5 minutes for the safe time delay for me to break their $100 bill, unless they have smaller bills which they rarely do, especially the Latinos who don't speak English. I think they intentionally only carry around $100s so they aren't embarrassed when they don't know how much their purchase will cost, so they pay with $100 bills so they know they have enough. Usually when they don't they hand me a $20 bill then keep handing more bills till I say that's enough. I could literally steal their money and no one would be the wiser cause even they don't realize they're a victim.

char18 Feb 01, 2020

@Kmart 9459 The sm was taking the $100 for personal use. It wasn't for in store use.

• Km
    Kmart 9459 Feb 01, 2020

@Um is not an answer! I doubt they are being paid in $100 bills. When I got to the bank to draw money out they automatically give me $20 bills. I don't see anyone paying in $100 bills, unless upon request. I imagine they request the larger bills because they want to avoid embarrassment. You do know they are also on the government dole aswell, which I don't fault them for it. If the advantages are there they should take them.

chαr18 Feb 01, 2020

I have a confession to make. The reason that I was fired was because I was stealing from the register. It was I not my manager that stole money from the register with an IOU note. I used photoshop to make it look like it was my manager that did this.I made it up about the employees knowing each I'd numbers. I made up a lot of lies to make the management team look bad. The reason that I am confessing is because they are bullying me. They are threatening to press charges against me for slander and harassment if I do not confess and tell the real reason that I was fired. The real reason that I was fired was because I was stealing money from the register and merchandise as well.

char18 Feb 01, 2020

@chαr18 This statement is a lie. Someone figured out my password from that store. So I am saying that I never took nothing from that store without paying for it, unlike 2 other former employees have even stated to me in messages that they seen the others taking merchandise without paying for it . Which I have sent screenshots of their messages along with the pic above to corporate. And I changed my password. And I did not use Photoshop on the pic. It is an authentic pic. So whoever is trying to be me that wrote that above is the last time you will. Pics speak for themselves. And all they have to do is look at the signatures on everything the sm has signed.

@char18 And how is it slander or harassment when I have mentioned no names

chαr18 Feb 01, 2020

@Coverfid Okay I admit that I did make that post. I also admit that I am lying about my formal manager. I did steal money from the register. I did steal from the store, merchandise. I even made up lies about the male CEO sexually harassing me.

chαr18 Feb 01, 2020

@Coverfid i had to lie, they fired me.