LongHorn Steakhouse

Thu:11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Fri:11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sat:11:00 am - 11:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

LongHorn Steakhouseserver in the restaurant told my child to be quiet

My family and I were at longhorn today (July 14) around 7 pm. Myself my husband and 2 children. My son is 2 years old and was laughing at something he was looking at and as the server walked by she shushed my son and said be quiet. I could not believe that someone would do that especially in the food industry where we come to relax and enjoy time with family. I reported it to the manager on, Matt who also went out of his way to greet 5 other tables and never checked on us once. I had to go to him before leaving the restaurant and alert him about what had just happened. In a very monotone voice said "oh wow" I was expecting him to take me more seriously as I also work in the restaurant industry and couldn't even imagine telling a young child who does not understand to be quiet especially. I then told him that I was uncomfortable with her doing that and he replied " yea that's not okay" seeing that he was not going to handle the situation and did not care at all clearly. We decided to wrap up our food pay the bill and leave. I am so disappointed in the way this was handled and do not plan on returning. We thought that it would be a nice night out after a long work week. With one day off. Turns out I was wrong.

• SubSquirrel Jul 15, 2019

Maybe he spoke to her privately. Did you expect a free meal because your child was noisy? You thought it was cute and you didn’t realize that it was louder than normal around guests.

• El
    ellie h Jul 15, 2019

Disocredo is right. No one wants to hear that shit while trying to enjoy time with THEIR family. You know a little noise isn't a problem but once other tables can hear you it's time to quiet them down. Again Disocredo is correct the child would know what it meant to be quiet if YOU were telling him.