Ultimate Shopping NetworkNo refund to cancelled order

M

I ordered a Ring in July 2006 and then was told in September that it was back-order. I decided to cancel the order and obtain a refund. It is nearly 5 months of being on the phone with Customer Service that they kept telling me that it would be 10-15 days due to changes in their finance department. I have contacted the BBB and will contact the State Attorney General's office to see about a civil suit against the company and/or previous owners.

• Pi
    Pissed Off Mar 02, 2007

I ordered a set of earrings in NOV. and still haven't received them. I've heard all the stories from their "off shore" operators. Here recently I cant even get a hold of anyone. If anyone knows if their shut down PLEASE REPOST!!!

• Al
    Alisa Dix Mar 07, 2007

Scammed by usn for $1610.00 sent ring back no refund on credit card Purchased 6/06 as of 3/07 cannot get in touch with them, they have no phone # and No website. Any help contacting them would be appreciated.

Jay Mar 08, 2007

Sorry but I think they have gone !!!! Strung everyone out for as long as they could to recoop monies in readiness for going Bankrupt !! Read the site my3cents will clue you in a bit more on USN type in search on that site for Ultimate Shopping Network.

Jay Mar 08, 2007

I think the Company has gone !!! Been owed money since last July 2006, done all I can so far but got no where. Good Luck.

• Fr
    Fred L. Jones Mar 19, 2007

Ordered one ring on Nov. 17 2006, cost 2,225.00. Never received the ring are able to reach usn to talk to them on refund from checking account.

• Li
    Lidia Mar 20, 2007

Please note that direct shopping network is a separate company and not connected or affiliated with ultimate shopping network. For those who have problem with ultimate shopping network please contact better business bureau and address your problems.

• Su
    Suzanne Hensley Mar 29, 2007

I ordered a total of 9500.00 from the USN. Half was never received and the other half was shipped back to due to awful quality. I never received a refund for any of it. I have called and looked for a website with no luck. When I was able to get ahold of them, I was told they would credit my account which never happened. I reported it to the police but there is "nothing they can do". If anyone knows anything else to do, besides file i civil claim (which i will be doing), please post.

• Ga
    Gayle Baird Apr 03, 2007

I ordered a ring through USN in Oct. My credit card was IMMEDIATELY charge $1199.00. I waited the 3 weeks I was told it would take to get the ring... no ring. I have called the company repeatedly and have waited 20 to 45 minutes to talk to someone from the company and was always told the refund would be credited to my account in the next 30 days... nothing was ever credited. I am sick, first I wanted the ring, second I am sad that I got suckered in to thinking this was a good company that would stand behind what their almost English speaking customer reps said repeatedly! I am so sad that these companies can get away with this sort of thing.

Karen Oneill May 07, 2007

Do not order ANY merchandise from Direct Shopping Network! They previously were Ultimate Shopping Network. All they did was close their offices in Glendale and move down the street. The principles are all the same. Art Garabedian has hundreds and hundreds of fictitious business names registered in LA and Orange Counties and is a CROOK. They front the company with a Caucasian with an All-American sounding name (i.e., "Mark J. Miller"), but in actuality the company is run by Armenians who are CROOKS and don't believe in refunding money.

I know for a fact that "Lidia" will send you an email threatening litigation if you expose what they are doing. They are very worried, and they should be. Some of your customers are from LA and would have no qualms about bringing the local media to your offices.

Have a nice day.

• Pa
    Pamela Labine May 22, 2007

I purchased a ring from USN and they said I would get credit within 30 days. Obviously not! It has been over 6 months and I am still waiting. My credit card company can do anything because too much time has lapsed. I am going to California on Friday and I feel like paying this place a visit!!

karen gavel Jun 06, 2007

My credit card was charges immediately but never received items. I called and they said it was ready to ship. I finally got one order but not the second order. I called again and was told it was ready to ship. I was told I would have it in 4 days. In 5 days I called back and was told it was out of stock. I requested a credit but never received it. I called 2 more times and they said another dept had to handle that and to call back before 5:00. When I tried to call again, no body answered. I tried to access web site for info to no avail.This was a Christmas present for $110.00 that I never received nor did I ever receive my credit. What a scam. Something should be done to get all our credits to our accounts. Companies like this shouldn't be allowed to scam us if they were allowed to be on TV.

• Mg
    M. G. Aug 08, 2007

I purchased a 2 ct. diamond stud earrings, for $2072.00 in April 2006, from Ultimate Shopping Network. I called many times for the next 4 months before I received the earrings. The earrings were of poor quality, so I returned them on August 2006. I was told my credit card would be credited in 21 days. It is August 2007, I still have not received anything. I contacted the B.B.B., they couldn't get a hold of these people, they are no longer in L.A., because my letters were returned. On one of my calls, I was told they were on the air somewhere in Florida. The TV network should take responsibility; and they should be the ones to return the money that was stolen from all of us.

Mary Burke Ryan Feb 04, 2008

I returned a 3 stone round diamond ring order number 5274183, returned December 2006 RMA 0825065274183. I never got my refund of $1849.00!

• Mr
    Mr who cares May 16, 2008

It seems that someone has brought DSN to the medias attention.

• Fi
    Finally May 17, 2008

Hysterical...finally DSN is getting what they deserve.

• Th
    theresa cody Jun 09, 2008

DSN never owned USN... why doesn't someone do their homework. As for the other complaint on CBS... read the attorney's letter people... This was a bitter employee who found an ambush reporter, after unsucessfully attempting a lawsuit against the boss. c'mon people... Makes ya' wonder if the competition or another bitter, former, ex, fired employee writes this stuff...

• Ta
    Tammy Neff Sep 09, 2008

I bought a Bracelet on 09/13/2006. When I got the bracelet it was broken so I returned the Item and I
    never received my a refund. I paid 299.00 by credit card . I have called USN and they would not help me over the phone. They told me to fax the information to them. I faxed them a copy of my
    invoice and I haven't heard from them since. I did get a letter saying that there system was down and that they would refund my money as soon as it came back up. I am still waiting for my fund.
    Tammy Neff

• Am
    Amarilys C. Diaz Sep 11, 2008

In the many years that I have been an online shopper I had never been a victim of "Theft" until I purchased a ring from the Ultimate Shopping Network, a $ 349.00 ring which was shipped to me in the wrong size, I returned the ring for an exchange for the correct size, I got no ring, and I got no refund. Strong Arm Robbery at it's best.

• Do
    donna Oct 13, 2008

I returned a 3 carat ring that cost 1105.oo and I never received a refund. Jesse Mcfarland was the person that was supposed to be helping me.

• Tu
    Tuny Apr 19, 2009

The only complaints I have about DSN Is that they are extremely slow to deliver goods and extremely slow to refund. The way I speed up this process, after 30 days (which is the time they say it will take), is call customer service and ask them to return the money to my account. After I do this my money is refunded withing a week.

As far as quality, everything I have received is of very good quality, especially for the price except a few gemstones that came in one of their grab bag parcels. I have not had any of them autenticated yet but I am a pretty good judge of gemstones.

Karen Oneill May 14, 2010

"Tina" is absolutely right that DSN never owned USN. Actually, USN went out of business, then owner Art Garabedian simply opened up shop as DSN. Art Garabedian is a crook who runs multiple scam operations in the LA area, sham companies whose intent is to rip people off, plain and simple. Do your own research if you think that I am a disgruntled competitor. Bottom line is, Art Garabedian is a crooked, lying sociopath.

DO NOT BUY ANY MERCHANDISE FROM DIRECT SHOPPING NETWORK. YOU WILL REGRET IT AND MOST LIKELY NEVER SEE A REFUND ON YOUR CREDIT CARD WITHOUT A HUGE FIGHT.

• Ha
    Had it in Florida Jan 08, 2012

I ordered a ring on July 31, 2011, and another item on 8/2/11, and on 8/5/11 and on 8/7(I think). there are so many items ordered. I began calling regarding my items ordered and PAID for in late September, 2011. I was told to give it some time they are really swamped. I did, in October I spoke with jessica, the department head for orders, she checked for me and the ring from 7/31/11 no order was even sent to jewelry for making. We went over all of my items and nothing had ever been done about those jewelry pieces, except the money had already been deducted from my account. Jessica suggested that I cancel all orders, since nothing had been done. I did that, told me that it may take up to 2 weeks to have the money refunded. Hey, it had been months, what's another 2 weeks. @ weeks later, nothing, called and was on hold for 97 minutes. I continued to call weekly. If I actually got to speak to a person the same thing, they would send the request again & it could take up to 30 days. Another 30 days, no money, not allowed to speak to Jessica. So here it is January 2012 and I have not rec'd any money, it is not a few dollars, it is close to $1000.00.
    I paid immediately, they should refund at least by 30 days. The last 3 people I spoke to in Customer Service told me that I should notify my bank, to start a claim.
    I have, no-had been a DSN shopper for several years and totally enjoyed learning about gemstones and receiving beautiful pieces of jewelry that not everybody else had from the local chain stores. I learned so much from Lauren Blair, when she left everything seemed to fall apart. I have not learned any new stuff, Blue talks too much, Art hollers and then Grant, he's just young, the girls are just silly most of the time and spend so much time talking to each other about everything except jewelry.
    Maybe Lauren was the glue, she certainly brought a sense of class to the table. I'm sorry that a place that I went to first for my jewelry needs, no wants, has fallen apart.
    We still watch on DishNet, last night they went off air at 12:00 Midnight EST and today they were not on at all.
    All I want is my money back,
    Vicky Sullivan

• Ha
    Had it in Florida Jan 08, 2012

I don't know who Ultimate Shopping Network is, my complaint is with Direct Shopping Network. After reading other comments here, I'm more confused about who is who!
    Had it in Florida

Mary Beth Davis May 29, 2012

I can't believe other people have really gone through the same thing as I have. I cancelled my orders with DSN on November 7, 2011 as I had not received the items after 6 weeks, and since then have been trying to get my money refunded to me. The amount is over $3000. I have called and written the company on countless occasions. I have written to several government agencies, without success. Does anyone have a suggestion for me to get my money back? Thank you, and good luck to everyone who is in the same boat. Mary Davis

• My
    myourth Mar 15, 2014

My complaint is similar to all of those listed here. My only goal now is to find Garabedian and sue
    him, just on principle. anyone know where he is or what scam he is involved in now?

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices