UK National LotteryWhy do they disclose lottery details?

R

If they are running a world wide lottery system ,why do they broadcast their lottery results,any scammer can use this information to fool ignorant people......how can they be so stupid,

I got a mail from such a scammer that i'm a winner and blah blah...
Dear Winner,

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM

For claims validation.

Yours Truly,
Jenny Afred

When i actually googled the draw no. and id......i was shocked to see that any body can view it and misuse it,
but i carried on with the scene so that i can get max. information possible and give it to you.

Later on they asked for my details(& i gave them correct details,that was only mistake i did)

In a subsequent mail they said they've sent a parcel(containing a cheque) from this courier agency and i need to pay some amount to collect it:

CONTACT SKYNET COURIER SERVICE AND DISPATCH SERVICE.
SkyNet Worldwide Express
Lawrence Road, Hounslow Middlesex, TW4 6DR.
Contact Person.Phillip Steven.
TELEPHONE: +[protected]
TELEPHONE: +[protected]
Email : [protected]@yahoo.co.uk

So this was the information,i was able to collect and i would be catching hold of the courier person and then try to backtrack to the culprits,the scammers.

But in course of all that , I've disclosed my identity details like Name,Current address,Permanent Address,Phone Number ,Occupation and Company name and this can be misused.
I hereby want to declare myself innocent if my identity is misused by those criminals,
I would do whatever i could possibly do to catchhold of those scammers ,from my side.

But i have to bear all this insecurity all because of the BIG STUPIDITY of UK National Lottery that they are broadcating their results , i want them to be taught a lesson and repay for everyone who became victim of such scams.

• Lu
    Lucian Jan 29, 2008

I agree with you. Then they try to get money from you before they send the check. They are a Nigerian scam.

• Sh
    shel Sep 24, 2008

that happned to me too. i dunno wat to do. please help

• Va
    Vaishnavi.k Jun 30, 2010

the same thing happened with me what to do nw i too got the mail with courier details and they me to pay them to collect the cheque pls help meee