Frequently Asked Questions

What does Telkom SA SOC do?

Telkom SA SOC is a wireline and wireless telecommunications provider based in South Africa. The company operates in more than 38 countries across the African continent.

How to contact Telkom SA SOC?

You can contact Telkom SA SOC by phone at +27 123 112 186.

Where is Telkom SA SOC located?

Telkom SA SOC is located on the 2nd Floor, Telkom Mobile Building, 92 Oak Avenue, Highveld Park Centurion, South Africa.

Can I see Telkom network outages/upgrades and planned maintenance in my area?

Yes, it is possible to see if there are outages or upgrades.

You can check if there is anything planned using this page on their website or here

Can I transfer my Telkom account and services to my new address?

It is possible to move your services if you move your house or business. You can check if Telkom provides coverage at your new address on their website.

To request a move of your service, you should fill in this form on the website.

What if my Telkom line is not working?

You can try to restart your modem or phone. If it did not help, you can report an issue on Telkom’s website

Can I do a speed test if my Internet connection is too slow?

Yes, Telkom even offers their own speed test on their website

How do I cancel my Telkom contract or follow up on a cancellation?

You can cancel at any time. Start your cancellation process by visiting their website, navigate to the bottom of the page, choose the service you wish to cancel, and follow the cancellation steps.

How can I make sure my Telkom EFT or direct deposit payment goes through?

The best option is to use your full Telkom account number as a reference in your transactions via EFT or deposit.

Are all Telkom smartphones compatible with VoLTE calling?

There are certain requirements that have to be met, hence, not all smartphones are VoLTE capable.

Why has my Telkom cellphone been suspended?

Your cellphone can be suspended if there are account arrears or you reached your spending limit.

How can I get connected again if my cellphone was suspended?

You have to contact the Telkom support team at the bottom of this page https://secure.telkom.co.za/today/help/personal/talk-to-us-anchor/

What's the per second rate on Telkom?

Rates vary for Telkom's mobile and other mobile networks between 1.9c - 4.6c per second and for Telkom & Neotel numbers is 1.1c per second.

Can I upgrade my Telkom existing contract or plan before it expires?

Yes, you should choose the plan you’re interested in, download and fill out an upgrade form and either send it to [email protected] or take it to a Telkom store.

How do I cancel my Telkom contract or follow up on a cancellation?

You can cancel your contract in your MyTelkom account in the “Manage Accounts” tab.

How much does it cost to port at Telkom?

You can port to Telkom for free.

What does it mean to port my number to Telkom?

Porting switches your current phone number to a different mobile network while keeping your original phone number.

What can I do if I don’t get my PIN at Telkom?

You should contact customer support at 081 180.

Do I have to go to a Telkom store to upgrade my contract?

If there is an upgrade available for you, Telkom will get in touch and deliver the new contract and phone to you.

Do I pay a penalty fee for upgrading at Telkom?

Upgrading is free at Telkom.

How do I know when I qualify for an upgrade at Telkom?

You will receive a call or a message as a reminder for an upgrade. You can also visit a Telkom store if you have a question about upgrades.

Will I get a new cell phone if I upgrade my contract at Telkom?

Yes, Telkom offers a new phone as a part of a contract.

Can I change the spending limit more than once a month at Telkom?

Telkom allows you to set the spending limit an unlimited amount of time.

Is Telkom SA SOC trustworthy?

Telkom on average has low and satisfactory reviews on various platforms online. Customers’ complaints mainly concern unresponsive and unhelpful customer support, mistakes in contract and services. Given the poor customer service, the company does not address the complaints on our platform. Considering this we suggest being cautious if you choose to use Telkom.

Ask your question

Please note that this form is for questions only. For complaints, please use this link.