SST and ProvidianUnauthorized account transfer

D

Bck in March I was informed that my personal information and Credit Card balance owed to to Providian National Bank had been sold to a credit company that bills themselves simply as SST. I did not give authorization for my personal information (home address, phone number, email address, SS#, Etc.) to be sold to ANYONE. If they wanted to settle my account all they had to do was close it and send me a bill for the remainder owed. That simple. Instead I have been sent through the ringer. I was given a message when I last logged on to www.providian.com and it read: This account has been sold and is now being serviced by SST. Please call [protected] for assistance. I did so and was told that indeed my account had been sold to them and if I wanted to make a payment I could go to www.yourcardaccount.com. Once I was able to get online again I went to the above stated website and tried to log in with my providian account number and my old user name and password to no avail. I can not make a payment online because their website never works to make the payments. My accoutn transfer was absolutely unauthorized by me and it's outrages and unacceptable. The next thign I am doing is closing this account.

• Mi
    Michelle Schmidgall Jul 01, 2008

Providian sold my account WITHOUT notification or authorization AFTER agreeing to a payment arrangement interest free and penalty free. I had a stroke in 2000 and got behind on my bill. I contacted Providian and they agreed to a payment arrangement, given the circumstances, that would allow me to repay my balance with no interest or penalties at a payment amount that met my needs as a new recipient of a limited Social Security income. A few months later AFTER PAYMENTS had been made I found out my account was sold when I began getting late fees from a company I had never heard of and had made my final payment to Providian. When I contacted the "new company" they told me that they had bought Providian accounts and that they had NO RECORD OF MY PAYMENTS and intended on collecting every dime. I was dumfounded! Now it is 2008 and I am on my way to court as I am now being SUED by the "new company" for 1268.00 . I owe nothing but have no proof this many years later. I am more than frustrated! How can one company be so dishonest at the expense of hard-working individuals?