Shade 'n Shadow CatteryBad service

J

Ms. Smetanick falsely sold me a persian kitten under the pretense that the kitten was healthy. However, within 24 hours of getting her, I had to take her to the vet to get treated for an upper respiratory tract infection. She subsequently developed diarrhea, which required another vet visit. Finally, the kitten was diagnosed with ringworm after already contracting it to another elderly cat as well as to a human being, both of whom required treatment. When Ms. Smetanick was informed of this, she simply offered to take the kitten back for a full refund stating that she would have no problem re-selling the kitten to someone else. She did not acknowledge the fact the kitten required treatment. I stated that I wanted reimbursement for all the expenses incurred as a result of the ringworm, which required treatment for all the cats, multiple cultures, and bleaching and drycleaning everything in my apartment, not to mention the physician expenses my roommate incurred for her treatment. Ms. Smetanick simply ignored my request. Additionally, she ignored my suggestion that she treat her cattery and inform her customers that she might have sold them kittens with ringworm.

Angered customers Mar 03, 2011

We also purchased a kitten from Ms. Smetanick in May of 2009. This kitten also had ringworm. She's been completely unresponsive. She never even sent the papers. She should be shut down.

• Si
    Sierra111 Jun 30, 2013

I also purchased a kitten from Ms. Smetanick in approximately 2010. He was supposed to be healthy. After several visits to the vet and several hundred dollars, I found out that he has a bad heart. I love him too dearly to return him. While at Ms. Smetanick's house, I was concerned about the well-being of the cats she keeps in her basement.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices