Schumacher Chevrolet Little Falls New Jerseyservice work

M Jul 09, 2019

On May 29th 2019, I brought in my 1993 corvette to the dealership to have a hesitation problem checked out.
After the mechanic checked the car, he found a intake manifold gasket leak and a throttle body gasket leak. He also said that I need an EGR valve replacement. They wrote it up and I happily agreed to get the work done. Unfortunately that didn't fix the problem. Then the mechanic said that I might have a problem with the catalytic converters.
He checked that out and that didn't pan out because the catalytic converters were fine. Then the mechanic said it might be the ignition coil. So he replaced that also. That wasn't the problem either.
I paid the $900 + bill and upon starting the car up to leave, the engine was making a very loud noise.
So I left the car to have the mechanic look at it again. My car has now been at the dealership for several weeks now. After weeks of my car sitting in their shop, the mechanic finally looked at it.
He told me that my lifters and camshaft had to be replaced. I realize the car is old, but that is the main reason I wanted a certified GM mechanic to work on the car. So all the parts were ordered immediately.
They quoted me a price and I agreed to have the work done. My car has been sitting in the shop now for six weeks. This is a cash paying job with all the parts at the dealership. This is like a two day job and it's been weeks just sitting there. I don't understand why they won't finish my car but keep taking on other jobs and ignoring mine.
This is totally unacceptable.
This is not the way I ever imagined being treated from a GM dealership.
I belong to the all American Corvette club with 100+ members, At this point there is no way I would ever recommend this dealership for parts and service to any of the members.
And to top it off..my son who gives 110% works at this dealership. They are taking advantage of my son and myself which is absolutely not acceptable.
Something has to be done. This issue has caused me a lot of stress. I would really appreciate it if you looked into this matter ASAP. Thank you for your cooperation.

Michael Pernetti