Rolland Elliot StudiosBad service

On 12/31/07 I sent a lens and $115 pre-payment to Rolland Elliot Studios for a Matrix Metering Chip Upgrade as advertised on his web site at http://home.carolina.rr.com/headshots/Nikonhome.htm. Previous to sending the lens and payment I contacted Mr. Elliot and he responded that the work would require an estimated 3-4 weeks. In mid-February I contacted Mr. Elliot and he confirmed that he had received the lens and payment and that the work would be done in "maybe a week." It has now been over 8 months. I have attempted to contact Mr. Elliot many times since, but he had not returned my emails or phone calls.

• Kr
    kristi Sep 22, 2008

I have been scammed by him too. I paid him $2000+ for my wedding portraits. I was told that if I ever need to order more, that I can go through him (rolland Elliott). I damadged my photos and needed replacements. I went to his studio to order them and was told that they should be done in about 2 weeks. Nearly 2 months later and numerous phone calls, and I still didn't hear from him. When I finally contacted him and asked why he hadn't called me and very nicely and carefully mentioned that I had seen similar complaints on the BBB website... he turned into an evil person! He said, "Well now, you can just wait another month!" He also complained that "people like me" complain when his services are not completed by the agreed upon date. Therefore, he tried to "punnish" me and told me that he would just get to it in his "free time." Wow. He sure doesn't advertise who he really is on his websites! BEWARE! Here is PROOF:
    Rolland Elliott (AKA: Rent Photo Booths, Rolland Elliott Photography/Studios, Perfect Portraits) was on CHARLOTTE'S DIRTY DOZEN-- A REPORT ON CHANNEL 3, DETAILING THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREU'S MOST COMPLAINED ABOUT COMPANIES IN OUR AREA. Also, check out the BBB website, /link removed/ and yelp.com. Please don't ruin your wedding or corporate get-together by making the mistake of falling for his lies. Thank you and spread the word.

• La
    Lauren Oct 23, 2008

Rolland Elliott is a horrible man with no remorse. I paid over a grand to rent a photo booth for my wedding day in May 2008- it was something that I desperately wanted to have on my special day- and no one turned up. I tried phoning numerous times after as well as email only to get absolutey no responses. Justice is needed. It is not 5 months later and I still have not received my money back. Don't ever use this scam artist- it will only lead to frustration and disappointment.

• Je
    Jen Oct 30, 2008

In the same vein as Lauren, I was hired by Rolland Elliott from out of state to run one of his photobooths over the course of two weekends, and he has never paid me for the job.

• Al
    Allison Nov 03, 2008

I also was scammed by Rolland. He lost our ceremony pictures and has strung us along for almost six months saying he would look for them. Honestly, I believe he has them somewhere on one of his "laptops for his photobooths" but is too careless to look for them. He told me that every girl thinks their wedding is important! Well yes the do, because it is important! You only get married once. I never recieved the 500 prints I was promised in my contract. He has not been helpful or apologetic. I have never recieved a return call back from him about any issue. He will not respond and is not quick to resolve any issues. He is rude and not considerate of other's feelings. He should not be in the wedding industry if he believes weddings are not important.

Also, another bride I know that got married on Aug. 18, 2007 is still fighting with him to get what was promised in her contract. We have decided to take another route and are recieving legal guidance.

I would not recommend his photography services!

• Br
    Brannon Nov 17, 2008

In addition to Lauren, it took us a century or two, before we were able to view our engagement photos. Many of the pictures we were hoping for were  not included, they were missing. When we finally had enough of him, we confronted Rolland and demanded our proofs. His excuse was he lost his camera and he couldn't help us out on the lost photos. So, if he lost the camera, why did the pictures show up on-line and show signs of splicing. Not once while we were out with him, did he change cameras or film, when doi g our engagement session. When we confronted him at home, he found out we were not like everyone else who complains. He showed us, how great of a professional and a crook, he really was. Its true, he will only lead you to heartbreak and frustration. And yes, we got our proofs, that day!

• Te
    terressa golding Nov 21, 2008

SCAMMED! Rolland Elliot is an ugly person and should be removed from the face of the earth. We too had him do our wedding and the photos were horrible, it took forever to get them and only after a law suit threat did he finally deliver part of the agreed items. The album was never completed and many of the pictures we asked of him to do was never shot. Many of the photos are blurred and I don't have a pictures with my parents. The answer I got was:" I swear I did them, but can't find it on my pc" Let me say something to those (especially to other brides) who would consider Mr Elliott to photograph their special wedding. Cheap is expensive! read other people's comments here and realize Mr Elliott is a crook and has no talent whatsoever. Stay away. You were warned.

• Mi
    mila Jan 24, 2009

NO WEDDING PHOTOS
    We paid Rolland Elliott to take wedding potraits at our wedding. We have never seen the photos, we have taken so many insults from this man. I don't understand how the state of charlotte can allow this man to be in business. If you are a bride, do not bother.

He appears to be nice at the beginning and then stops returning phone calls etc. IT IS JUST SAD! we have no wedding photos and nothing to show for the wedding. Sad indeed.

• Ph
    photolllll May 11, 2009

Stay away from Rolland Elliot. Do not rent his booths. Do not work for his booth. Regardless of how much he offers to pay you. He will pay you via paypal and have his credit card do a chargeback on your account. You will never be paid. His booths do not work. There are complaints about the opperators however the booths themselves are faulty. I read the comments on him and still trusted him anyway. Do not fall for his schemes and scams. He is a heartless person and if you have a bad feeling about him, you should trust your gut and don't agree to do business with him at ALL!!! I would stay as far away from this scammer as possible.

• Fr
    Frank May 27, 2009

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to post. I was just about to apply with Roland for a job running his photo booths, but after reading these stories, I will steer clear.

• Ka
    KarlT Nov 15, 2009

I sent him my Nikon F2, 135 lens to chip and a check. After numerous attempts to contact him, I have not heard anything from him since.

• Vn
    vnsslck Aug 04, 2010

I knew this man in person. He is my ex friend. Very messy person in real life and in work life. Not good to be be a friend or work with for any one.

• N0
    @[email protected] Aug 27, 2010

Roland Elliot is a tool. Rentphotobooths is a joke. Do not Buy from rentphotobooths.com. Do not rent from rentphotobooths.com. http://www.rollandelliot.com. This man is making a living off scamming people out of hard earned cash by doing something that he is not very good at. chipping lenses, photo booths and portrait photography.

• Te
    temputa Sep 25, 2011

This man is absolutely horrible!! Contracted a photobooth for my wedding and NO ONE SHOWED UP!!! I paid him the total amount for the wedding, per his instructions, and he hasn't returned ONE OF MY CALLS!! PLEASE STAY AWAY!

• Sc
    scammed by rolland Feb 19, 2012

Rentphotobooths.com is a scam. I own a photobooth company. Roland Elliot is a scammer. He called the day before the wedding saying the contracted person fall through at the last minute and would pay me top notch. He couldn't figure out how his paypal worked. I should have googled him and I would have ran from this job. He gave me the wrong time, the wrong name and of course never paid a dime. What a loser. He and his girlfriend avoids all phone calls. He has so many complaints that I can not believe he is in business. The couple called me for the CD. I explained the situation and they called him. He told them that he would refund them 95.00 for not having the CD and that I was lying about not getting paid. Really? I ended up sending them the CD anyway. RUN from this guy!!!

• Ro
    Roland Elliot is bad news Jun 04, 2012

Wow. I can't believe this guy is still in business. He sold me a photo booth program for $600 that only costs $95 from the maker of the program. He didn't even have the right to sell the program. What a scammer. Sorry to hear he's ripped off so many people.

• Al
    Alphman Apr 30, 2014

He is still in business and continues to steal. A leopard never changes it spots. This guy is ### and need to be removed from society, locked up and forgotten. He now live in South Carolina near Clover. BEWARE!!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices