Richardson HotelsTerrible experience

J Review updated:

Anybody got any idea's on this... my friends and i stayed at the hotel to attend a friends wedding on the Saturday. on the Friday night we went out to a local club, got drunk and were messing around at the hotel in the early hours.

An antique table got broke during the messing. On the morning of the wedding the hotel rang the groom, my friend, to advise that if nobody admited to the damage then it would be charged to the wedding party. We therefore admitted straight away as to not annoy him on his big day. The hotel are charging me and my friend? 400 to restore this, and if they do not receive the cash in 2 months they will bill the wedding party.

Is there anyway we can somehow get away without paying for this damage? The hotel will no doubt be insured for the table, they are just trying to get money out of us aswell.

• Cu
    CustomerServiceDept Sep 14, 2009

They are not insured for the table. If something breaks, they have to pay for it. "Messing Around" meaning sex? Expensive night of messing around.

• Do
    Dont like being duped Sep 14, 2009

No dear, these individuals were friends. They were there to attend a wedding. They went out and during the festivities and got drunk. They were horsing around, rough play, getting wild and crazy. Mr. I am employed by Hampton -wouldn't you know if they were insured? You seem to be the expert in hotel complaints. What the party should do is accept the responsibility that they broke the table and the consequence of that. The table needs to be fixed and the hotel set the price, there is not much to change that. Take the entire party of people that was responsible, divide the cost among the group. Do not let the groom be responsible. And just pay it. They may be overcharging you, but you don't have much leverage here. It could have been worse.

• Cu
    CustomerServiceDept Sep 15, 2009

Your right I do know.

• Li
    lilvixen69 Sep 18, 2009

I work in a hotel and hate when drunk people break things and then try to weasle their way out of paying for it. Don't be an ###--if you break something (especially because you're an ignorant drunken ###) pay for it and accept responsibility.

• Ro
    rosie25 Jun 19, 2018

We stayed at The Metropole Hotel in Padstow. 11th June 2018 Never again, the service was shocking. On arrival we did not ask if we wished to dine in, only told our room was subject to surveyors going in sometime during our stay.
    We was also told by the most miserable barman that the bar closed at 10pm!
    When we ordered our first round of drinks we signed for them but when we went for a second round we had to pay cash!
    We have stayed in other Richardson Hotels ie Falmouth Hotel and Fowey Hotel where we had excellent service through out our stay.
    I cannot find any where on their website to make a complaint HELP! Ruth & Michael (Wiltshire)