ADVERTISIMENT

Team One Promotions / Kirby Vacuum Complaints & Reviews

Team One Promotions / Kirby VacuumProperty Damage

This company represents Kirby Vacuum company and sends teams from Kansas all over surrounding states for weekends where sales teams canvas neighborhoods offering a free carpet cleaning. They send one person about 20 minutes ahead of the presentation team to lure you into letting them in your house. Then they put on an endless presentation of the Kirby vacuum. In my case, they never even cleaned the spot on my carpet that was the reason for me letting them in the house. The reason? During the presentation of showing how well the Kirby removes dust from mattresses, the sales rep removed my top sheet from my $3000 pillow-top mattress before placing the vacuum on top. Despite us asking if he was sure we removed the top sheet, he assured us it would be ok. Five minutes later I was on the phone with the police and trying to track down the specifics about this company. Our mattress was ripped, torn and burned by the vacuum. I never would have let the guy do the demonstration on our mattress but he had already demonstrated on several other pieces of furniture, so we felt somewhat at ease. It has been months and I am still trying to get compensation by this company (despite the owner acknowledging that he never should have instructed us to remove the top sheet). I have taken it to the BBB but the company did not respond (and now has an unsatisfactory rating). My next step is to deal with Kirby headquarters and then to take legal action. I've NEVER let salespeople enter my home in the past. This was my first time giving in to what turned out to be the worst decision. I will never open my door to salespeople again and I urge you--if someone from Team One Promotions comes knocking--shut the door and call your police. In our case, it turns out the sales team didn't even have permits to be selling door to door in our neighborhood--why bother since they'll be in another town the next day?

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Team One Promotions / Kirby Vacuum — Sales scam!

I purchased a Kirby Vacuum cleaner from Team One Promotions, after a HIGH PRESSURE sales deal. In less than...

ADVERTISIMENT