Software-hq.net Complaints & Reviews

Software-hq.netFRAUD! SCAM!!

They claimed only a certain amount (very small amount) was going to be charged to my card after I found a link to purchase Photoshop CS4 Extended. After the payment processed the small amount magically turned into $55+. Heres whats even more messed up: They didnt even have CS4... So I call and a young girl answers. She said billing was closed for the day and no one was there. I call back 2 days later, and no answer. I let it go, and call back several days later. A young girl answers again. She was rude, interrupted, and ###. She said that I was a liar and they had CS4. (Check the site, Im not crazy) I am very polite on the phone, not once yelling, or being forceful. She said only $34 will be refunded in 10 business days because I called to late. So I guess Im just a lying blind person that obviously doesnt know how to take advantage of a great opportunity when I see one, oh silly me.

Software-hq.netscam- sold non existent software and support

"eS0ftware.com " is really software-hq.net, and is a scam, offering software downloads and support for various products. They take your money, don't deliver, and best of all, try to give your machine a virus when you try to contact them. They look very professional, and claim that:

"Is my registration secure and confidential?
Absolutely! Our sites are tested and certified daily to pass the FBI/SANS Internet Security Test. The "live" HACKER SAFE mark appears only when a web site's security meets the highest security scanning standards of the U.S. government, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and JCB."

Software-hq.netOnline scam

On August 23, 2008 I searched online for an upgrade to my Adobe Acrobat software. I own v6 and wanted to upgrade to v9 for the features I needed. SoftwareHQ.net was one of the companies that offered v9 so I downloaded it for the price they stated. When I opened the downloaded software, the features that I wanted in v9 were not there. They provided software but not the version that was advertised or that I thought I was buying. I phoned them [protected] several times and all I would get is a recording.

After I received my credit card statement billing I emailed them at [protected]@softwarehq.net about the problem. They refused to credit me or even replace the software with the correct one. In researching this company further I found numerous complaints at [redacted].com and ComplaintsBoard.com regarding the same company. I have filed a complaint with the BBB of Ohio http://www.cleveland.bbb.org and with Ohio's Attorney General http://agcares.ag.state.oh.us.

• Su
    suppo64 Jan 10, 2009

I, also, was a taken by these scam artists. I was unable to download an Adobe program which they advertised "Ultra Fast Download - Photoshop CS3 Latest Version - 100% Guaranteed". I have a copy of the ad. I sent an e-mail to them saying I opted out of their program, which was not delivered to them as they obvously were not accepting any e-mails. Mail Delivery System<[email protected]> tried numerous time to deliver it but was unsuccessful. I have many copies of their efforts. I finally got on and used the ruse that I had "Support Request" and was able to get my message into them . The reply came back that according to the terms (which I never saw, nor agreed with) "membership is NON REFUNDABLE. They also tacked on an additional $14.97. I am not sure where they put their "Terms and Conditions" but I did not see them before pushing the final button or this complaint would not have to be written.

• Hl
    HLSIII Mar 03, 2009

Class action lawsuit?

• Is
    isem Mar 25, 2009

Mine happened Tuesday (Mar 24). Thought I was dealing with Skype, but was shocked to discover after the final payment stage that it was a totally different company deceitfully presenting the Skype look and feel. I immediately sought to cancel, telling them I was never interested in entering into any contract with any company other than Skype. But it's been a one-way street. Their charge is yet to hit my account. But I am prepared to use all avaiable means to seek damages and redress if they charge my account.

same name Aug 28, 2009

Why are you charging my account so much money when it should only $12.95 Not $52.00 for the Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Virsion. please return the money back to my account A.S.A.P. it look's like I have to go some where eles to get what I want. My E-mail is ([email protected])

Software-hq.netOver billing, refusal to reply

I originally found the Software-hq.net site by Googling “Adobe.com” and following some link. On their site they seem to offer all sorts of software support. All I wanted was Adobe updates just as soon as they became available. They offered this service for 3 years at $12.65 per year – total $37.95. I worked through the purchase process, including my credit card information, expecting to see the usual final proposed payment screen with options for correcting inaccuracies, when a screen with the amount $70.80 appeared. There was no way to do anything on that screen other than “accept” or close the screen, which accomplished the same thing.

When the charge appeared on my VISA statement complete with phone number, I called. Their automated system offers a choice of speaking to the billing department or sending an e-mail. The billing department route leads to the message that “All representatives are busy ... Please leave a message, and a representative will call you just as soon as possible.” I left my name and number and asked them to call. Then I phoned them once more, and this time chose the e-mail option, again with the assurance that I would be contacted by e-mail “...as soon as possible.” I waited 2 days, then called and e-mailed again. I repeated this at least 5 or 6 times with no response by either method for two weeks. I finally decided that I had been swindled by a company that has no intention whatever of contacting me in any way.

So I call VISA and filed a Dispute request. The payment will be stopped unless Software-hq responds and explains their actions & non-actions to VISA.

• Ab
    Absul Feb 02, 2009

I found the Software HQ site while trying to secure software for a video copying program. They offered the 3-year package for 37.95. After downloading their program I found it was not what I had requested and e-mailed them for reimbursement. I received no reply. I then decided after continued failed attempts to write it off as a loss, until I received my credit card statement and found they had charged me $70.80 for this scam program. After calling to voice my complaint the party said I will have to e-mail my complaint and they will get back to me. They never did. Also, since having been ripped off by this scam group, I have been receiving e-mail from "Grant Funding Search", "Cash4Gold" and some others.

• Ju
    juergense Feb 05, 2009

Wow, the exact same thing just happened to me today. However, I did get a live person in their billing department and I wish that I had not. She asked me how she could direct my call, and I told her I needed billing. She said "this is billing, how may I direct you call". I then said "not sure, need to speak to someone regarding my charges". She then said, "this is billing, how may I direct your call" only this time in a hostile tone. I again asked for billing and then she said "you are a ###ed, stupid f*&^ing B$% and then hung up on me. I tried all day to call back, and had no response. I also got an email from them stating their refund policy (that is not stated on the order page). I am too disputing my charges. Good luck.

• Br
    brilyn31 Feb 15, 2009

I to was scamed by them, however I reported their site. ip address and all other pertinent info to the FBI and Secret Service as well as disputed my charge. Hopefully this will prevent others from our fates.

john aleski Feb 23, 2009

this is a rip-off. i do not want this product because the charge for it isn't the same, and i don't want to cancel. thank you john aleski

john aleski Feb 23, 2009

DEAR SIRS: I WOULD LIKE TO CANCEL MY PURCHASE, BECAUSE I DON'T SEE HOW YOU CAN CHARGE MORE THAN WHAT I ORDERED. SO PLEASE CANCEL MY PURCHASE PLEASE. THANK YOU JOHN R. ALESKI

Software-hq.netDeception in Advertising and Product

Software-HQ claims to provide software, but actually provides free trial samples you can get from the manuafacturer for free.

I found the site by gooling Corel Paint Shop.

Thought I was ordering Paint Shop, but instead got a free tiral which I could have gotten at Corel for free; I got a 3 year membership in Software, -HQ for $37.85; $17.88 for a download accelerator, whatever that is; and download protection for $14.97, whatever that is.

These charges were never itempized or shown on the screen and the only way I got this itemization is by requesting the charges from software-hq.net.

Am working on a class action lawsuit in Federal Court against this entty and possible RICO litigation. Need the actual name of the company, and its address.

Im you can help please let me know.

• Ry
    Ryan Minor Mar 06, 2009

The company's address is listed as 6434 Bay Cedar Lane, Bradenton, FL 34203-7161.

• Ry
    Ryan Minor Mar 06, 2009

i called them on their scam and told them i was contacting my lawyer and this is what i got back. don't know what to think of it

Dear Customer,

Per your request we have voided your membership. This charge will not post to your account. Since this charge was already authorized by your bank or credit card company, you will see it listed as a pending charge to your account. The charge will not post! The pending charge will be released back to your account by your financial institution within 2-10 business days.

Thanks,
    Software-HQ Support

Software-hq.net — SCAM! Bought software download that doesn't exist

You purchase the download and as soon as your purchase is complete you are unable to login to the sight to...