RipOffReport.com Complaints & Reviews

RipOffReport.comIts time to end the false reports, cyber bullying, extortion and slander

My story with [redacted]
[redacted] is for consumers to report bad businesses.A report was made about me.It calls me w**** drug addict child abuser. The report has my name, my child's name, her photo(under 18), phone numbers, our home address in NY which we had move from for safety. Cps was called They told me it was not my fault that I was a good mom but I needed to call the police because they had endangered
the welfare of a child by the info that was put on [redacted].The police told me that there was nothing they could do where all the people involved lived in different states it was a fbi issue not a police issue.The officer told me what I needed to do to keep my child and I safe 1.move 2.change my isp. Change my email and phone numbers.It took me over a year to have [redacted] remove my child's name off the report.Ed told me if I contacted him again he would put my child name back on the report and worse.I have contacted them so many times they blocked my email address. Same goes for google, bing, yahoo and microsoft. I have all the emails saved.I am not what [redacted] makes me out to be. I am not a business.
What gives them the right to post details about me let alone made up story's that I can prove are not true. Could you please sign my online petition to remove [redacted]. Its time to end the false reports, cyber bullying, extortion and slander.

RipOffReportSucks Jun 11, 2013

The person is right except... To our discouragement, we alerted Editor Ed of scam report that a complaint against us was bogus. He told us he never removes complaints even if they are not true. And our only option was to arbitrate the complaint. But first we have to pay scam report $7500 plus some. Wow, this is no non-profit. And then he told us that even if it is totally bogus, it never gets removed. So what's the point? Under these circumstances, how can anyone rely on a scam report? They are the Ripoff themselves!

Resolved RipOffReport.comAbuse

A Public Warning!

Ed Magedson of [redacted] is a wanted criminal just type in his name and read about all his arrest records and criminal activities! Also the authors Tagurit, Stacey, Jeanisky, Jessica White, Jennifer, Joe, Lorenzen, Gail, David S. Gingras, his ### lawyers are all criminals. Do not write anything on that site and lock up all of your information. They are identity thieves and extortionist and very abusive. They will slander you for no reason and will make a liar out of you even if you tell the truth. They will threaten your school to make you quit and will aggressively enforce others to believe in their false lies about other people even if the people writing on the site tells the truth they will not believe you and you abusively slander you and Google, and all internet sites allow this to happen. Cyber Bullying Is against the law and Complaints Board is also involved in this slander. Beware of Ed Magedson and his criminal crew that write for him! If they attack you get a lawyer and threaten them back! If they harass your life in any way don't allow them! Put these ### where they belong in the TRASH!!!

Resolved RipOffReport.comScam Website Full of Lies

Amazing that this site gets legitimacy from search engines. In my opinion, this website and this business are beneath contempt. No fact checking, no responsibility, hide behind the Communications Decency Act, con people into making false reports to defame businesses then to have the gall to extort money from the companies to "clean up" their reputation. The only thing this website is about is making as money as possible for ed "the felon" magedson. Believe me he has absolutely no interest in you, your complaints or in protecting consumers. Its all about making ed money. People, you need to complaine to the search engines that this sites content is worthless and should be banned. If people would stop posting to this site maybe it would go away.

Resolved RipOffReport.comSlanderous Company!

A PUBLIC WARNIG!!!

The website and the company /link removed/ is a very dangerous company made by a criminal by the name of ED MAGEDSON. He is a wanted federal felon for abusing people, steeling their informations and slandering them all over the internet for no reason. The authors on that site are very abusive too. These are the authors that write for the website /link removed/ that are very abusive; Tagurit, Jeaniskie, Stacey, Mariendude, Robert-Irving-USA, Steve, Lorenzen, Joe, Gail, amongst many others that write on the website are very rude, abusive, slanderous, and the website owner Ed Magedson does nothing about it. He even writes fake reports against innocent people. He slanders everyone else but does not like it when some writes him a negative review. He will whine and cry like a baby and want everyone to sympathize with him and his stupid law. But he himself even writes bad checks and then will blame it on someone else. He is an extortionist and he gets away with it. He made a lot of businesses loose their business because others have written negative reports about other businesses for no reason and when people try to take it off or want him to take it off he will charge this huge sum of money! [redacted].com is a rip off in its self. Do not make the mistake of writing on that website. These people are scums! They are criminals that work for this company! They also abuse elderly people and abusive towards women. They stole all of my personal information and slandered it without my authorization to other companies. These people are as follows: ###, Looser, Criminals, Abusers, Trolls, Cons, Liars, Slanderous, Involved in identity theft, extortion, and abuse. Also the company Reputation.com will also purposely steel your information address, name, phone number, e-mails, and your relative or neirghbors names and their personal information and slander it all over the internet and then try to get them to pay them to have it removed: The other companies to watchout for would be: Spokeo.com, pipl.com, peekyou.com, fraudbug.com, peoplesmart.com, 1&1 domain.com, 123people.com, peoplefinders.com, intelius.com, ask.com, Google, Yahoo, Bing, Aol, Earthlink, Netzero.com, checkmate.com, are all abusive companies that steel your personal information without your knowledge and then will sell, trade, and distribute your information without your permission and that is a federal felony under the FDCPA law. Know your rights and fight these criminal back! The online schools and colleges are the same way so just watch out and be very carefull these days with your personal information. Stay safe and guard your privacy! All law enforcement are also the same way they will try to get your personal informatiion by force even if they have to intimidate or threaten or scare you to get it! But don't fall their trick! That is against the law and let them know you mean business when it comes to your personal information being kept personal! That is your right and by law they can't take that right away from you nor abuse you to try to take it! Fight these criminals back! Know your right and let them know where you stand against their abuse! News and media are also the same way. They will not tell the truth about the story only what they want you to hear! So hope this helps! Take care!

RipOffReport.com — extortion

XCENTRIC VENTURES LLC aka [redacted].com is harboring an online terrorist who has slandered against my name...

RipOffReport.com[redacted].com

Recently I posted a factual expose' of Ed Magdeson on his own site, /link removed/ but it never showed up. So that means Ed Magdeson will not remove anyone else's made up slander/report but he always removes his own. Ed Magdeson is a ruthless hypocrite.

So, when victims contact Ed, Ed Magdeson says to those who have been slandered on his site that they will want more [redacted]s about themselves on his site once they enter his corporate advocacy program. WHY O WHY then does Ed not believe that enough to let reports about himself on his site????? What a deceitful hypocrite!!! Ed is saying that if they will give him money to amend the report about them that the "client" he is ripping off will be glad to be on [redacted] and WANT more [redacted]s on them. Talk about an evil man!

You see, Ed Magdeson doesn't know what it's like to work for an honest living and has made a career out of destroying those who do. This man is an evil criminal who must be stopped. Google search this man's name. He's in hiding, running from justice, acting like a cowardly mouse instead of coming clean. He has obviously

You see, Ed Magdeson is all about self and could care less about any of the thousands of victims who have suffered incalculably due to his trap site. All he wants is the content, the slander about innocent people on his site so that his site pulls up high on google so he can exploit his victims by charging them to amend the false reports about them.

Ed Magdeson is a wanted criminal and for good reason. Go to the site below which is very well done. Thank them so much for exposing Ed Magdeson. I hope they keep up the fight.

gscsc dotttttt net

[redacted].com

• Wa
    WatchingYouRichard May 01, 2015

Please consider the source

From several news agencies:
    Richard J. Goddeau, 46, pleaded guilty before Chief United State District Judge Gary L. Sharpe to one count of Social Security fraud and one count of theft of government property.

Probably not one to throw stones

• Co
    Complainant91923 Jun 07, 2016

the company has refused to remove a hacked email address there for some one pretended to be me on there site and posted a fake ad which is illegal and ID theft the company will not delete your info and they laugh at you do not use them

RipOffReport.comAlmost entirely populated by trolls

Almost entirely populated by trolls. Used by companies to abs each other, not a shred of genuine evidence left on this once proud site. One to avoid.

• It
    itsmeohgee Aug 28, 2014

I've used [redacted].com in the past to report truly legitimate complaints about companies or services and I usually got good, helpful advice. [redacted].com used to be good, now it's a habitat for trolls and bullies. Recently, I took an issue I had with my insurance company to [redacted].com and I was bullied by a troll who did nothing but bring up stuff that had nothing to do with the issue I had with my insurance company. This bully took the issue completely off topic. Unbelievable! One good thing did come out of his bullying. It was one comment he made that sent me to my attorney to do further research on this issue. When I thanked him for his one comment, he disappeared. No more trolling or bullying comments. I won't be using [redacted].com any more! It's totally useless!

RipOffReport.comrefusal to remove retracted libelous post

This person Ed Magdeson is destroying my livelihood because he refuses to remove a libelous post that was retracted by the original poster, who I have since made peace with. Ed says posts are not removed no matter what, no matter how unjustly damaging they are. He is able to do it, but he chooses to harm my livelihood for the rest of my working life because I have a very rare last name, and a search of me on Google comes up with this libelous posting on me, the headline of which is enough to damage me and is what shows up on Google. I have pleaded with Ed and his attorney for years. He will not budge at all and he even wants me to pay for his services!!! He has an infinite amount of nerve to suggest that. That is evil and I did no wrong to deserve what Ed is clearly choosing to do to me personally. The libelous posting against me (again my issue is no longer with the poster since she retracted it and I have made peace with her) is located here: /link removed/

Resolved RipOffReport.com[redacted].com is involved in Extortion

After entering a report on a company on [redacted] the thieves have been coming out of the woodwork. Offers to clear our name for thousands of dollars and our information that was stated would not be shared was made public. After researching the company they have been involved in RICO lawsuit and some very questionable behavior. They present themselves as being impartial, yet they are a mass of low-life con artists that are involved in extorting money ($2000 fee to review the data and even when proven false they will not remove the false data and continue to percent it as fact). They obviously are creating a problem so they can make money solving the "problem". They are unethical thieves.

RipOffReport.comSlander

Regarding representation made toward Cambridge Who's Who, it's staff, and it's clientele:

They do publish people's profiles, they do list your name and give you access to others like LinkedIn, they do give you an email account, they do give you use of the logo. They don't present anything you haven't told them, they don't charge for something they haven't told you about, they don't make claims you are worthy of anything but a prescreened interview that gives there editors info to use in your profile promotion.

The fact some who were approached with the opportunity to list on the service felt deserving of accolades beyond the scope of their accomplishments and/or felt that they somehow exclusively had been given access to the service that others with credentials and/or accomplishments the same or less than their own is simply the naive flaw in the thinking of a minority (no consensus to suggest otherwise). LinkedIn doesn't have all the tools Who's Who does and appeals to a different audience and is more costly in the long run even though it has a voluntary self-administered application procedure. (LinkedIn has been used as a rationale by many complainants listed on [redacted] and here on this site).

400, 000 or so paying members, many of who like myself, didn't feel "special" but rather chose to use their unique marketing appeal for their list to MY/our advantage. No con here. Ranting publicly from those whose self-assessment and inflated feelings of deserving accolades or public recognition is the flaw of those who have come to such conclusions. There public displays and public promotion of complaints of a nature that involves primarily a flaw in their own ability to assess a situation and opportunity affect the reputation of a service I enjoy and paid money for (less than LinkedIn ongoing premium costs). Such actions and services provided by [redacted] affect not only the owners and publishers of the Who’s Who list but also paying clients like me. And that I don't appreciate it.

Victor Jasin B.Comm.
1009-85 Fiddlers Green Road,
London, Ontario N6H 4S9
[protected]

• A.Guy.From.London Jul 19, 2010

lol.. [redacted]. I used to think they were legit, but then they started taking payouts from that "Cash 4 Gold" scam that advertises on the American stations late at night. I read about that on http://cockeyed.com/ he doesn't name them specifically, but it's pretty obvious who he's talking about. - All you see are banners all over the place for "Cash 4 Gold" on [redacted].

RipOffReport.com[redacted].com Owner Turns Out To Be A Criminal/Liar

[redacted].com Owner Turns Out To Be A Criminal and a Liar
While many consumers have turned to /link removed/ to get unbiased facts about different companies or businesses, they have gotten just the opposite.

The /link removed/ site has for years claimed to be an unbiased site that is designed to protect consumers from fraudulent scams or bad business practices, but the consumer will be Shocked to learn that that site has been the mother of all scams all along.

The Owner of [redacted].com, Ed Magedson, has for some time managed a one man show (although a few others have assisted to make his horrible scam a reality) where he pretends to claims that the site is put up to "protect the consumers" from illegal businesses and so called scams. The way the site is designed is to strategically leave the impression that this is a solid and unbiased consumer protection site.

However, recently the truth is out and independent and government law enforcement agencies alike have finally been able to pull out the thick black curtain of [redacted] and were able to find facts that may shock the most cold blooded of them all.

The bird's eye view is that Ed has manipulated and fabricated countless stories about many respected companies and individuals in order to profit big bucks for himself.
He has been operating what many researchers and prosecutors state to be "one of the biggest criminal enterprises ever created on the Internet."

Liberty League International is not the only reputable company that /link removed/ has tried to damage. Countless companies and individuals have lined alongside the FTC and attorney general offices across the nation to bring justice back where it belongs.

For more information on this underground mafia-like operation you may find these links useful:

http://www.ezripofflawsuit.com/ (includes several links with facts)
http://www.goodbusinessbureau.com/absconded.html (shows a doc. that states he is a fugitive)
Posted by About Me at 1:22 PM
Labels: ed magedson, international, league, liberty, liberty league international, [redacted], /link removed/ scam, truth, warning

• Ka
    Kate Oct 22, 2008

This piece of garbage /link removed/ ruined my business. I fired an employee for stealing and she posted that I was a drug addict. I have never taken drugs in my life, and am 75 years old. She has embarrassed me throughout my town and when I put up a rebuttle it sent my name higher ino Googles search engine.

• Rr
    rripoff Feb 22, 2012

Con artist Ed Magedson is the criminal extortionist behind [redacted].com - this is a prime example of a person that should be in jail for internet crime, extortion, wire-fraud and for being a world class Rip Off Artist. If you read about what this guy has done and what he still gets away with it will shock you. How Google has not shut down his service and the FBI arreseted him is beyond reason. Even worse is that Google, knowing what Ed Magedson is up promotes his site and facilitate his crimes. Google has had so many complaints about [redacted].com and Ed Magedson yet they do nothing. To make matters worse... Google promotes his crimes and the tools he uses to commit the fraud and extortion. Google places his [redacted].com at the highest levels of their search engine and this allows him to continue his international fraud and movement of his servers from one country to another. Turkey, Arizona... You name it and Ed Magedson plays the system like a fiddle. I hope Google put an end to this but I think a few billion in a class action will be the only thing Google and their shareholders understand. As for Ed Magedson it will be a jail cell if he's lucky.

RipOffReport.comLETTER FOR EXTORTION DEMAND FROM [redacted].COM

My company was made an offer to remove a false post by my next door neighbor that I am a child molester. I am a doctor, of 65 years old, and would never think of or accused of such a thing. Not even a call from the police. Just bad looks from people that I have known for years. For $25, 000 [redacted].com said that they would remove the post. This man is a monster ruining peoples reputations by not removing posts that are simply not true.

• En
    enduser Oct 14, 2008

You say that [redacted]s sent you a communication demanding $25K? Well, post the letter, Tell who you are. You have a scanner, don't you? Allegations are free on the Internet, and worth every cent of the cost.

Evidence, please. Anonymous vague allegations just don't cut it.

If you would like to see a real complaint completely documented and supported about a Colorado man, Dr. Mark Hoffman, that is practicing without a license in Colorado and admits to drug and alcohol abuse and getting "terribly hooked" on sexual addiction and pornography, check out this site that illustrates how real, documented and and supported complaints can be posted on the Web. http://www.knowyourcourts.com/Hoffman/Hoffman.htm

• Ge
    George Weiss Jul 26, 2011

My wife is being paying our bills, and did not pay to much attention to a$19.99 charge that we were getting from "Gamehouse .com Fund, upon contecting the # provided and told them that I did not autorized this transaction and not have this email for at least 3 years, they finally agreed to reamburse us 6 months out of 12, being that you must talk to somebody in India, I was forced to accept this refund and they agreed to take my credit card of their system.

RipOffReport.com[redacted] Founder Says Threats Are Escalating

[redacted] Founder Says Threats Are Escalating

Businesses were severely hurt by false, and often retaliatory, complaints published on the site.

We also heard all sorts of theories about how the business operates -- plenty of people suspect Magedson writes the complaints himself in an effort to extort money from businesses; a few people raved about his Corporate Advocacy Program (in which Magedson "investigates" and resolves complaints for a fee); and one tipster told us that Magedson is keeping his servers off shore for unknown/suspicious reasons. Lots of people also believe that Google provides preferential treatment to [redacted].com. (We're pretty skeptical that there's any sort of relationship there, though.)

Magedson, says he's been inundated with threatening calls but will continue to collect money, and extort money from small business owners without fact.

"We've received several eerie calls. It's the same thing over and over again. People keep harassing my staff. I had to move my servers eight times last year because people keep attacking, " he says.

Magedson also addressed some of the commenters' points: he insists that [redacted] does not meddle with the content on the site. There are about 800 complaints published on the site daily, according to Magedson. He says his staff scans the complaints to make sure there they don't contain social security numbers, threats, or links, but other than that, they aren't altered.

UPDATE: Google declined to comment for this post, but the implication is that if Magedson violated Google's terms of service, his site ranking would fall appropriately.

• Br
    Bravo Oct 12, 2008

Bravo! Join the most of the people who Google /link removed/

Your best point is that /link removed/ needs to be taken down from Google.com search engine! A lot of people would be happy to complain to an honest company like the better business bureau, not an ex con.

• El
    Elahrairah Aug 12, 2009

I got the link to this article via a google search, front page - while searching for ripoffs about [redacted].

And what do I see but you trying to prevent for them what got me to you?

You're no better afterall.