Premiere Productions Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Premiere Productions Inc.Event and Wedding Planning by Maria Cook is a Scam

My wife and I recently had a horrible experience with Premiere Productions and it’s operator Maria Cook. I strongly advise all brides and couples to stay clear of Premiere Productions Inc. They’ll ask for as much money as they can get upfront for vendors and fees. We paid Premiere Productions several months in advance to cover the all of the associated expenses (location, floral, catering, entertainment).

It wasn’t until I was contacted by one of the vendors for payment that I realized that Premiere hadn’t forwarded any of my payments to the vendors that were hired for our wedding. The vendors threatened to pull out of our wedding at the last minute because Premiere had failed to send them our deposits and payments.

Premiere would not give me a straight answer when I asked them what was going on and when they would be paying the vendors. One of their wedding planners gave me the impression that Premiere had re-purposed the funds we had given them to cover the expenses associated with another client who was getting married before us. We could not believe it. I tried contacting their corporate office, but that was a dead end. Maria Cook, the Executive Director kept giving us the runaround and told us that it was out of her control. However, when our attorney did some further research on our behalf he found out that the company was registered and owned by Maria Cook. That’s why we couldn’t get anybody at the company to address the situation until we got our attorney involved. She woke up once our attorney was engaged. Our attorney told us that our experience with Premiere Productions was very typical of a company that was robing Peter to pay Paul.

Maria Cook also operates a phony Event and Wedding Planning training school that’s also a scam under Premiere Productions Inc.

Premiere Productions Inc.Scam

Premiere offered a training program which I paid for and did not receive the promised training, materials, and additional materials. Numerous requests for training were made to Ms. Maria Cook and Ms. Tara Ward with no avail. I was not once given the opportunity to work hands on with any company team member as promised. Leads I received were never valid. I never once "earned as I learned' which was promised. I never was trained on the fundamentals of the company in order to have any chance of success. (ie never trained on location scouting, or contracts, or how to close a bride or how to work out a contract with a caterer, or any education that existed offline). Ms. Maria Cook, Ms. Michelle Farrell and their company Premiere Productions would not refund me the tuition paid ($4500+) and additional hidden expenses that accrued.

B-shaw May 23, 2010

Beware of Vertice Productions. Maria Cook, Tara Ward, and James Blackley are also running the Premiere Productions Inc. SCAM and CON under the name Vertice Productions.

Do the math... Vertice Productions [SCAM] = Premiere Productions Inc. [SCAM].

Here's a review with some additional information on the Vertice Productions SCAM by Maria Cook

Vertice Productions Event and Wedding Planning by Maria Cook — Scammed and ripped off by Maria Cook, Tara Ward, James Blackley

• To
        towercam Apr 05, 2010

I hope Cook and Ward of Premiere Productions get a financial spanking like they've never had. Yes, I do think you'll need to take those scoundrels to court. The good news is that, if you have all the necessary paperwork, you'll be able to skin those beeps. Good luck! Scammers, die of acute headache!

• Ea
        Earl Apr 05, 2010

Premiere Productions offered a training program which I paid for and did not receive the promised training, materials, and additional materials. Numerous requests for training were made to Ms. Maria Cook and Ms. Tara Ward to no avail. I was not once given the opportunity to work hands on with any company team member as promised. Leads I received were never valid. I never once "earned as I learned' which was promised. I never was trained on the fundamentals of the company in order to have any chance of success. (ie never trained on location scouting, or contracts, or how to close a bride or how to work out a contract with a caterer, or any education that existed offline).

Ms. Maria Cook, Ms. Michelle Farrell and their company Premiere Productions would not refund me the thousands upon thousands of dollars in tuition I had paid to them for training which they promised me, but completely failed to adequately provide.

Premiere Productions Inc.Scam and fraud

I am currently enrolled in the Events and Wedding Planning training program offered by Premiere Productions Inc. There are a lot of negative reviews and press about this company's business practices. I have been in the their training program for 9 weeks now and I feel that my experiences with Premiere Productions Inc. is very similar to the many unhappy students and clients who have preceded me.

First of all, there is absolutely no personal and direct interaction with any formal instructors which was promised when I was sold on their 12 week training packages. Much to my surprise all of their so called training is done exclusively online through webinars that are conducted once a week. On multiple occasions, the instructor had to cancel the webinar at the very last minute without any advance notice. Very unprofessional.

Furthermore, there are no opportunities to shadow or work with any experienced event and wedding planners which seems very suspect to me since Premiere Productions Inc. is supposed to be an event and wedding planning company. It turns out that a lot of vendors, brides, and couples will not work with Premiere Productions Inc. because of their bad track record and reputation in the industry.

I have also been disappointed by the lack of training materials. There are no textbooks, workbooks, guides, manuals, etc... Overall the quality of the webinars have been terrible. In addition, the content of the instructor led webinars lack depth and educational value. I also get the impression that the instructor lacks formal knowledge and practical experience in Event and Wedding Planning. The training and webinars offered by Premiere Productions Inc. have been a big disappointment and waste of money. The instructor is always unprepared and doesn't seem to know what she's doing or talking about most of the time.

I have completed about half of the training program with Premiere Productions Inc. and it is nothing like what they advertised. All of my emails to the instructor and Executive Director have gone unanswered. The one time that I track down Maria Cook the Executive Director, she told me that should would discuss my concerns with the corporate office. She did not seem very sincere about addressing my concerns. I followed with her several times, but she kept on giving me a lot of excuses and told me that they would make me happy. As it turns out I recently discovered that she is the President and owner of the company, but when I approached her about that she was like a deer in headlights and then completely denied it. I feel that I have fallen victim to their suspect and deceptive business practices. I would like to quit the training program and recover the money that I have already paid them. Now I understand why I forced to sign a non-refundable payment agreement at the time of payment. Everything about the training packages, program, and school were completely misrepresented.

• Tb
          tbs Mar 14, 2010

Maria told us that the complaints and negative reviews on the Internet were false and probably from ex-employees. That's just baloney because we've experienced the exact same problems with Premiere Productions Inc. and Maria Cook as other have commented on. Just more lies and excuses from Maria.

• Pl
          Planet Mar 12, 2010

Run a Google search on "Premiere Productions Inc. Scam" and "Premiere Productions Maria Cook".

You will find a ton of negative literature about Maria Cook and Premiere Productions Inc. from unhappy brides and students.