Phoenix Hard Parts Complaints & Reviews

Phoenix Hard Partstransmission

I bought a transmission for a Range Rover with part number 4HP24, but after three months of fighting with them they shipped a 4HP22 arguing that its the same transmission, of course it´s not, and I tried to obtain my money back from paypal, but I can´t because paypal policy only last for three months. After a lot of time of disussing with these guys, I lost my almost 2000 dls.

Phoenix Hard PartsScam billing

If anyone else would like to start a class action law suit we need to figure out how to get in contact with one another. I have made a claim with the FBI in Phoenix and a claim with the Bank of America where I had to pay for the transmission that I ordered and did not receive. And both places are going to do what they can to try to stop this company from doing this to any one else but as far as getting our money back they don't know. I was advised by the FBI agent to try to get as many people to start this law suit to regain our losses.

• Du
    Dutch Conner Nov 25, 2008

In august 08 I drove to Phoenix from Tucson to get a rebuilt tranny from Phoenix Hard Parts . They said they didnt have one and would have to rebuild mine. I was okay with this. They had it all day and said they dyno tested it and it was good. I then drove back to Tucson and installed it in one of my work vans . Eager to get it back on the road I stayed up until one in the morning installing what I thought was a rebuilt tranny. After I was done this transmission was worse than when I took it to them. I thought ok maybe I rushed them and called Gabriel to see what we could do. He called me back and said bring it back and they would take care of it. I did once again drove 2 hours to their shop and even got their earlier this time. I waited all day again and again they said it had been dyno tested and was good. Once again eager to get my work van back on the road I drove back to Tucson and installed it again . Only to find it was the same as it was when I took it down there. I was very upset and frustrated at this point and took the van to a local shop, he said that the forward gears were bad and it needed to be rebuilt. I have tried calling them and all I get is a message saying "Please try agin later all circuts are busy". Now I am very upset and need to make sure that they dont do any more business.They obviously do not know anything about transmissions.

• Mo
    Moses Tyler Dec 04, 2008

I bought a tranny from these wise guy's too, back in dec. '05, and had it installed in Norfolk, Va. It slammed into 2nd and 3rd gear from the get go.. These clowns said it was normal because they put a shift kit into it. Well gullible me took there word for it, only to come to the realization that the tranny kept getting worse and worse. Well I tolerated this problem for 2 and a half years until the tranny finally gave out. It's completely shot. The reason I kept driving it after finding all the nasty reviews on these guy's is because at least the truck kept going. And I wasn't going to fall for the shipping it back scheme. I figured well they will get what is coming. So if anyone is interested in filing a class action lawsuit, I'm all for it. That is the only way these crooks are going stop. You can contact me at [email protected]

Phoenix Hard PartsAutomatic Transmission FRAUD

Phoenix Hard Parts, Phoenix Remanufactured Transmissions (PRT) [Frank C. Kuperman ]
How a Company like this could survive stolen thousands of dollars to innocent people (including me)

I’m in Chile, Santiago. I paid through PayPal US$ 2.765 for an Automatic Transmission (AT) for my BMW 540i (1395 for the AT + 750 core + 620 shipping) After ONE moth finally I received the AT in Chile. Then, BMW dealer installed the AT, with more than US$ 1000 in labor, fluid, etc. Here we started with the Nightmare : THE AT doesn’t WORK (reverse doesn’t work )
I call to PRT, and they said that is VERY strange since they full tested the AT(false!!), but I need to send back to USA the AT (via airmail and I NEED TO PAY by myself the shipment) in order to apply the guarantee.!! Here appears the first warning: so they will repair the same defective AT
They said that NO, they already have a new one ready to me (false!), but they only were waiting for the previous one JUST to check was happened FALSE!!. After 2 moths of waiting here in Chile, they send again the SAME AT (so, here is the first stole).
What happen now: OK, Take this new AT (that was the same) from UPS Chile, spend again more that US$ 700 dollars in customs fees, go again to the BMW dealer, mount the new AT and what is the result now?? INCREDIBLE: AGAIN the AT doesn’t work!!!
What was the problem now: the car doesn’t change any gears. (Before was the reverse, so worst)

I’m in Chile and I trusted in a USA company paying a lot of money for a rebuild AT for my BMW 540i. After that, I pay: US$ 600 to send back their own defective AT. Also, I pay 2 weeks ago other US$ 500 in customs fees to enter in Chile the new AT (that also resulted defective). Also I spend more than US$ 1200 in labor and fluid in the BMW dealer to mount and dismount their defective AT.

Therefore, IS ENOUGH!! I REQUEST full refund including AND ALL COSTS, since after TWO times that I received the AT it doesn’t work. (and more than 4 months with this history IS ENOUGH !!)

However, Phoenix Hard Parts DON’T want to refund the money and insist to give them computer codes so they could “guide me!!” to solve the problem!!! Incredible: How a company like this COULD EXIST IN USA.

Please, all the people in the same situation contact : Consumer Information and Complaints,
http://www.azag.gov/ Also, I encourage to joint all the victims of this company in this site:
http://www.phoenixhardparts.net/ The only way to face this fraud is in a group!
Also check : [redacted].com : More than 50 similar frauds
/URL removed/?q1=ALL&q2=&q3=&q4=Phoenix%20Hard%20Parts&q5=&q6=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search!&r=1

• Po
    poorvictim Oct 14, 2008

My problem is even worse. I did not receive my core deposit back. On top of this, the transmission they gave me broke and after calling Gabriel 100 times, I could get a replacement after 3 weeks and this was also bad. NOW they are not lifting the phone from last two weeks and no response to FAX or email. I am kind of totally lost here. No car for more than 2 months, need to start again now :((

I complained to BBB.ORG and they too gave up saying the company is not responding.

- poorvictim

Mac Oct 17, 2008

This place and the owner Frank C. Kuperman are rippoff artist of the worst kind!
    DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THE CROOKS!

• Na
    namid Oct 20, 2008

it took this company over one month to send me a trans for my 95 chev 4x4, they miss shipped it, forgot to send me a torqueconverter . when i called them to see were the trans was they told me it was not sent yet when i was on a timed schedual and they garented me that trans in less than two weeks. all the guy on the other end had to say to me was "oh well, dont know what to tell you" come to find out that was a manager that told me that! well i got the trans and torque. but after i got it in my truck and fluid in it there was a crack that was about 3 to 4 inches long in the case, my boss worked for GM for 19 yrs and said he had replaced thousands of them and had never seen one cracked were it was. for 8 buisness days now i have been trying to get ahold of this company and no answer on the phone it just continuasly rings. i think this company is a very bad joke and they have no idea what they are doin, and i thinkim putting that quit politely. i have over 1400 dollars tied up in parts with this company with the trans, torque., and shipping, it was a well planed and uncalled for bad joke.

David Oct 31, 2008

I did get a transmission from Phoenix Hard Parts that worked but I didn't get my deposit refunded ($300). I also purchased an extra warranty. Now I can't get a hold of anybody at PHP. No return of calls. Just busy signals or a fax signal.

I guess I'm lucky my tranny's working.

The installer is taking responsibility for the deposit.

Who can I contact to come after these people?

• Le
    leo kayaani Nov 25, 2008

is the transmission shop in prescott, az closed or do they have a new phone number, i need to get a transmission, please let me know soon possible. thank you

• St
    steelponycowboy Apr 13, 2009

This can't be the same Phoenix Hard Parts that I have dealt with several times over the last 6 years !

I have used them on 3 occaisions and I have nothing but good and praise for the quality of work, the professionalism, the price and I might mention that it is the cleanest auto shop I have ever been in !

I would recommend them to anyone.

• Bo
    BOO-BOO Dec 04, 2009

frank no different then most transmission repair shops in Arizona, most transmission shop do commit fraud, have to do it every day, for work for a transmission shop, screw people left and right if get the chance, have to to keep my job, transmission business not very nice here, the owners never seen any one screw some one like they do.and how they do do it.. think, they real do what they say, No way, rob customers in needing of a transmission rebuild blind, .never seen anything like it, and been rebuilding transmission for over thirty five years, there so smooth it's on believable, how many people do not get a rebuilt transmission, and charged for it, and big bucks too, some time they don't even rebuild it just take it out and paint the torque convert and transmission and reinstall back in the car, when there wasn't anything wrong with it, just fixed something, that didnt make it work properly that all and charge way over two thousand dollars, , for nothing . they just rob the people a different way that all, , it sad some times to watch what happen, reason some people really don't have the money, and what they end up doing to get the money for the repair, told this nature of the business, going to the Arizona attorney generals office, like i did after watching many people pay lot money for nothing, A painted transmission, this one hardest thing s to prove, that the transmission wasn't rebuilt, and works just fine, for reason what was fixed on it by me or some one else that worked on it, what am i suppose to do.need a job, and this what have to do to keep my job reason of few of the bothers of the owners that runs this business, attorney generals office not going to do anything no matter how much proof i have, transmission work, and very few come back and when they do, they fix then or patch them back up get back on the road, but did the customer really get a rebuilt transmission no they did not the shop made almost 100% GROSS PROFIT, AND THE RIPPED THE CUSTOMER OFF, And still work there and how many ### there are in this business, that do this and worse, and nothing will ever be done about it, and people like me who want to work a honest job, that are taken by people who own transmission businesses, have to be paid cash just to make a fair wage, and don't report, reason can not afford to, verbally abused.lost my home for wjat some did to me in this work that is called transmission repair, from the ### that in this business, and there nothing that can be done, specially here, and you no what, people work for thye no they keep getting away with it, they no nothing will ever be done about what they do aND HOW THEY RIP PEOPLE OFF, AND THAT WHAT THEY TOLD ME TOO, FROM FRANK YOU MOSTLY GOT A REBUILT TRANSMISSION WITH NEW PARTS THAT YOU PAID FOR, YOU JUST CAN NOT GET IT WARRANTIED, NOR YOUR CORE DEPOSIT BACK, YOU DID GET A REBUILT TRANSMISSION, IT JUST DIDN'T WORK, SO TELL ME THE DIFFERENCE, REBUILT THAT DIDN'T WORK, THAT YOU PAID MONEY FOR OR ONE THAT DID LIKE WE GOT THAT WAS NOT REBUILT THAT WORKED AND YOU PAID BIG MONEY FOR THE JOB??.AND, DO KNOW FRANK TOO AND NO HOW HE IS, GETTING MONEY BACK AND ANY KIND OF REFUND NO WAY, BUT YOU DID GET A REBUILT TRANSMISSION JUST DIDN'T WORK, YOU JUST GOT TO KEEP SENDING IT BACK AND FORTH TILL ONE THERE BUILDERS GETS IT RIGHT, SO IT WORKS, , WE JUST RIP THE CUSTOMER RIGHT OFF, BUT THERE TRANSMISSION WORKS FUNNY HU! AND THIS SHOP GET AWAY WITH IT TO, LIKE TO GO ON BUT LEARNED A LESION, YOU RIP SOME OFF JUST MAKE SURE IT RIGHT AND WORKS, WITH NO COMPLAINTS, AND YOU WILL MAKE A LOT OF MONEY WITH WITH OUT THE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE DOING ANYTHING AND THAT FACT, NOT MITH

Phoenix Hard PartsHow to beat them at their own game

I ordered a transmission from Phoenix Hard Parts. Shortly after ordering the transmission, I received the order via email stating that I needed to sign the order/contract and fax it back to them. This is where I succeeded, I did not sign it. I read the terms and conditions and wondered why they would have a term stating that they will not cover shipping or labor on DOA (Dead On Arrival) transmissions. If this were not a big problem, why would they put it on their contract that they require that you sign? Dyno testing modern transmissions that are computer controlled requires a significant investment in equipment. They do claim that they dyshonest rebuilt transmissions, if you end up needing taking them to court, make them prove their claim. If they are not selling you what they claim, you are in a great position in court.

My one word of advice, DO NOT SIGN THE SALES ORDER. If you did, read the previous sentence, and seek legal council immediately. Make a record of all interactions that you have with Phoenix Hard Parts, for use in court. They have a big advantage, and that advantage is distance. You most likely are not in Phoenix, and are unlikely to visit there to complain in person or take legal action. Do not threaten them, I recommend visiting them in person, and sitting in their place of business until you get action. I believe that's about the only way to get a response from them. I believe that the owner is scared of personal visits. And possibly rightfully so. He understands that he is at risk when someone physically visits his place of business.

One last note, their ebay feedback looked ok, upon further examination, they sell mostly books, transmission feedback is not nearly as good as the books that they sell.

davodavo Jun 14, 2008

I cannot say enough bad things about Phoenix Hardparts aka Silverado Transmissions aka Phoenix Remanufactured Transmissions. Lousy product (remanufactured transmissions), appalling customer service, dishonest, more than happy to nail their customers.

Do not give them your money under any conditions.

Specific issues -- please use google to find wide confirmation of these patterns over years!

- I bought their deluxe extended warranty

- They promised transmission in 7-10 days.

- They couldn't find transmission to ship it on time

- They later claimed that the transmission was in dyno-test

- They later claimed they had to re-rebuild the tranny.

- Eventually they shipped defective transmission, plus it wasn't even the right kind for my car.

- Their delay cost me an extra $400 in car rental

- They authorized warranty repair of transmission to make it work in my car

Finally, the tranny is in the car after a month. Whoops: their transmission didn't work much better than the old one...but it was clear they didn't know how to do any better. I can live with it, long enough to sell the car (wasn't my plan, but is now...). Shifts roughly in forward and reverse, makes constant whirring noise.

I tried to ship old transmission back to them to get my $750 core exchange refund.

- they "couldn't find" a shipping authorization form for a week. they clearly didn't want me to ship it back

- finally, they let me ship it back

- they didn't respond to dozens of phone calls and emails

- they initially denied having received the core

- I filed a protest with my credit card dispute organization

- Phoenix gave the credit card company lots of misleading and erroneous info to confuse / delay the process

- eventually they admitted to having received the transmission months ago but whoops: it couldn't be rebuilt (so sorry, no refund!)

>>>>The transmission I sent them was nearly as functional as the one they sent me after rebuilding. All forward gears had been running properly, smooth shifting, no slippage or noise. Their claim was that the "overdrive set" was destroyed so the tranny couldn't be rebuilt. In fact, the overdrive set and everything else they claimed was un-rebuildable were fully functional. My mechanic wrote a letter attesting to this.

They never paid the transmission core exchange fee. time ran out with the credit card dispute.

- They also refused to pay the warranty coverage for the work I had done. Note that even if they had paid, the coverage would only be paying $260 out of a $750 charge.

Bottom line, this "$1200" transmission ended up costing me over $3500 in direct and consequential damages, all for a tranny that now doesn't shift properly and makes noise.

I'm sorry I ever thought of doing business with this company. If you want to know more, just reply to this and hopefully I can post more details.

davodavo Jul 05, 2008

I have to add this to my review: this just represents one customer's experience, one man's opinion.

Any statements I made in the review about their intentions, motives, or behaviors, were made because of my frustration and bad feelings about the transaction. These statements should be ignored.

Let the facts in my review speak for themselves

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices