NCO Financial Services Complaints & Reviews

NCO Financial ServicesCalled 4 times for a collection that has nothing to do with me

NCO has called my cell phone 4 times regarding a collection that has nothing to do with me. Each time I have asked they remove my number, each time they said they would and obviously they have not. I asked for the address to send a letter, after much argument I was given the address, agent, Pratik, refused to give me the name of the President of the company. I asked to speak to a manager or supervisor, put on hold for a long time, then told manager could not come to the phone, Pratik would not give me the name of the manager.

NCO Financial ServicesRobo Calls are incessant and annoying

These people are making incessant robocalls, six to eight times a day. We are not a consumer of their products, have stellar credit and no credit balances. In fact we have no debt at all. They also are close to infringing upon my consulting business name, NCOCompServNets, a non-profit consultancy.

We are of the opinion they are harassing us needlessly. Each day we tremble at the ringing of the the telephone. We had answered once and told them we did not know who they were seeking, had never heard of them, and would like them to desist from further calls. Under the Fourth Amendment we are supposed to be secure in our person, places, and papers. this sure looks like an actionable offense. How does one make them stop?

NCO Financial ServicesAccused of not paying what i don't owe!!!

They don't me, my creadability can be proved, most of all looking over your back trying to fix things 10, 20, years ago, things happen were all human to try to ruin some old sick person life for whats pennys to these billion dollar companys is my friend the beginning of the end of america!!im poor, own nothing yet people owe me thousands many years ago, they didn't have it, so be it! win some loose some.we don't need collection companys, if you can't pay it return it, thats why we have police!thats why theres millions of empty homes & millions of people with no homes!this is why america is no longer the greatest country any more!!we can vote them out!!!

NCO Financial ServicesScam

Reported a past due amount that was over 10 years. My name is arnold grolnick. I have done credit repair for 25 years.[protected]...contact federal trade commission.bbb.read your debt collection practices act. contact attorney general and your senator. I have a very large law suit against the company. don't get mad, get even...Make my day NCO. The profit and loss can't be listed for more then 7 years. Now, go out their and sue, sue, sue. NCO is a scam and scab of the earth. I give free advice. Feel free to call.

• Sk
    SkSouth Jun 02, 2010

They called me and said that I had a debt and I needed to contact a certain person. I'm 17 years old. I have no debt. NCO is a scam, and I'm wondering how they got my number in the first place.

NCO Financial ServicesHarassing Phone Calls, Wrong Number

I am getting daily phone calls for a person who does not live at this phone number. I cannot get them to stop calling. I have talked with numerous people at this call center, but cannot stop the calls.

• Na
    nathan May 15, 2009

I am dealing with an identity theft issue and have a police report and FTC report. I started credit disputes, update contact in credit bureaus. NCO calls every hour i made them aware of issue. They still call, refuse to remove from credit. I have sent them a notarized letter registered mail. If they dont stop within 7 days I am filing FTC complaint as they are in violation of federal laws since police report number given and FTC report id given.

-Nathan

NCO Financial ServicesMy bad experience with them

These people are on the border line of breaking the law! I had a babysitter with my daughter while I went out for a job interview. While I was gone NCO called and asked for me. The babysitter told me that she had my daughter on her hip (screaming) and couldn't hear the lady very well. The lady called her Ms. Smith (me) and she told the lady that she wasn't me that I was on a job interview and wouldn't be home until 3 or so. The lady then said, "Ms. Smith we need to get a payment for this account, you need to send us $38." Again, the babysitter explained the situation. The lady then says... "You just told me you were Ms. Smith! You need to stop pretending." My babysitter told her that she wasn't me and that I was at a job interview and she could call back around 3. It sad when no one in your house is safe from these people.

NCO Financial Services — Fraud debt collection!

I had an acct that got sent to Asset Acceptance LLC for payment. I recd letters from them. Couple months ago...

NCO Financial ServicesWhat a sleazy operation!

Several years ago, I purchased a cell phone for my son with cerebral palsy to have in order for me to have constant access to him, and he to me, during his workday in a sheltered workshop for functionally disabled adults. Beginning two or three years ago, he began receiving calls from this company (NCO) regarding an unpaid bill by someone with a different name who apparently had this phone number at one time. My son is unable to answer the phone immediately when he receives a call due to his physical limitations; he must take several minutes to retrieve the phone from a special pocket on his pants, and then, seeing it is not from me, has me listen to the voice mail in the evenings. I have called this company repeatedly over the years, and they invariably apologize and say the problem will be corrected. But, it is all to no avail. The phone is only for emergencies, and, naturally, this causes my son great anxiety when it rings in his work place, and he is unable to immediately retrieve the phone. I have read online the numbers of complaints about this company, and see there is little recourse for an innocent victim like my son except to get a new phone number, at some expense, and hope for the better. What a sleazy operation!

Safiya Apr 14, 2008

They are rude and disrespectful and i think its time for another class action law suit to happen.

• Ji
    jim steadman Mar 02, 2009

I Agree this is a company that thinks money grows on trees and you can pay your debt just like that notttttt very likly they should think before thay act not very bright I think

NCO Financial ServicesSuing over paid bills

My husband received a subpoena today (5/8/07) for a June 1st court date with this company. The ironic part of this is that they are taking him to court for a bill that was PAID back on March the 28th. I have the credit card receipt to prove it!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

I hop they are prepared for a VERY interesting day when I point out to the judge that this date was PAID IN FULL!!

• Ro
    Roy McGann May 28, 2008

ACC#DBS590 Supposed amount $479.78 Readers Digest Roy McGann

the amount in question is now $266.92

$99.54 paid May 23/08
    $113.52 paid May 28/08 (enroute)

Balance owing $266.92 will be erased by June 04/08

NCO Financial Services — Repeatedly calling my cellphone looking for a wrong person

I had bought a new cell phone and got a new number in Dec 2006. Starting from day1 I have been receiving...

NCO Financial ServicesThey continue to call and harass me

NCO Financial Services has been calling me four or five times a month about a school loan that another person with the same name took out.

I confirmed that the social security number was not mine on three different occasions, but they continue to call and harass me. I have been unable to access the BBB anymore, because they are all on line now and the people at this “business” refuse to give out any information about the business or even to give their last names. I was told only that the Company is out of Barbados at Harbour Road in St. Michaels. What can be done about such people who gather more and more info about us, but will not even explain to us what they are calling in regard to or who they are?? This “company” needs to be strongly investigated. Is there a way to get this info to someone who can do something about this?

Pamela

• Pa
    Patricia Nov 21, 2006

I personally have never dealt with such rude and sarcastic people in my life.I know that i owe a certain amount of money to the collection services there but as i told them many times i will pay when i can as i am on disability from community Services. I even offered to pay $ 5.00 a month and was told that the amount was not enough so the way i see it my account is payed because they refused my offer that i was able to pay. They call my house anywhere from 2 to 3 times a day leaving messages for me to call, my reason for not calling back is everytime i tell them my situation and that i'm disabled they become quite rude so hang up i do not need these people causing me stress and making me feel uncomfortable . when they call the display always says out of area. If my daughter calls me from her work place that also is what comes up on my call display,my point is if an emergency comes up and my daughter calls and i don't answer the phone because i think it is nco i will be holding them responsible if anything happens to a family member if call display shows out of area. I am now in the process of sending them a copy of what i get a month from social services so they will believe me,my family members are also thinking of seeing a lawyer on my behalf and to see if harassment charges can be layed on this company and for causing me undo stress which causes my illnesses to make me sick and mental stress as well.

• Valerie Dec 01, 2006

A month ago I started receiving phone calls on my cell phone from NCO Financial. Someone named Greg Adams had given them my cell number as his business number and then apparently skipped out on a loan.

They were, from the 1st call, rude, and completely unprofessional. The one polite and helpful person I contacted assured me that they would take my name out of the computer and I would not be called again. That lasted two whole days. Their computer would call at 8 am, 1 pm, 8 pm. I informed the individual who called yesterday the I was filing a harassment complaint with the FCC and the Better Business Bureau. I filed the FCC compliant yesterday and haven't received a call last night or today. If they were a reputable company they would hire cautious, professional people. They would also verify telephone numbers through the carrier prior to calling. The logic that the person who skipped out on paying what they owe gave them a valid phone number and is then lying about who they are vs. the person having made up a phone number to begin with escapes me. Do NOT Deal With This Company.

• Ge
    Geoff Dec 14, 2006

NCO will never leave you alone.

If you do owe money, do NOT pay by credit card over the phone. Make them send you a bill and then pay through registered postal mail. INCLUDE with your payment a notice such as "By accepting this payment you agree to remove any negative marks placed against me on my credit report regarding this debt. If you do not accept, this payment is void."

Joseph A Mullaney III Dec 04, 2007

Dear Ms. Mendivil,

Hello, my name is Attorney Joseph Mullaney. I read with interest your post to a complaint filed on www.ComplaintBoards.com. I have represented consumers against companies that mis-program their computers to call the "wrong person." I have found that the only way these companies change their policies is to be hit in the pocketbook. If you have a residential (non-business) telephone number receiving unlawful telephone calls, you may have a cause of action. Did you know that you may be entitled up to $1000.00 under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 U.S.C. 1692, et seq. and another $1500.00 for each automated (prerecorded or artificial) telephone call under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, 47 U.S.C. 227, et seq.?

If you wish to speak about your matter, please email me. If we agree that professional representation is warranted, I represent consumers without any upfront costs or attorneys fees. Instead, they will be deducted from your recovery and/or awarded by the court against the defendants. I hope to hear from you soon because there are important statute of limitations governing your possible action.

Very truly yours,
    Tel 856-784-0101
    Fax 856-784-5558

• Ke
    Kenneth L. Green Sep 17, 2008

My step-daughter who lives in Alabama (23 yrs old) gave them my telephone # for what reason I'm not sure. Evidently she owes them money. As I explained to these folks (NCO), "What does that have to do with me?" They call and harass me at least 3 or 4 times daily. What can I do to stop these idiots from calling my home and disturbing me?

• Na
    Nada Dana Jun 30, 2009

If you owe your bill pay it. Look at the situation in another way. If you were a business, key word business, and persons over 1 million people owed you money and you were paying someone to collect your debt what would you expect them to do. Yes I know we all have our hardships and some companies are willing to assist when possible, but sometimes it's debtors who make persons be rude. Yes the phone calls may be upsetting, but if when they call you shout and be rude and cuss out the people who are doing their job, then do you really expect all of them to just sit there and listen to you without saying a word. And as far as wrong numbers go, you might get a call or two from NCO, then any other person calling y ou for that wrong person, is always going to be NCO for you. My advice when getting a new telephone number from your service provider ask if it belonged to someone previously.

Thanks!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices