Masterbuilt Contracting LLC Complaints & Reviews

Masterbuilt Contracting LLCPoor quality, delay in finish

After a year we signed contract with him, our remodelling project hasn't finished yet. No information from him on when he can finish either. Asked by his subcontractors several times on payment because he didn't pay them.

There was only one entry in this web site when we signed contract. We asked him about it and he said the owener had some problems/issues. Now we probably became one of the "bad" home owners according to him. Do not repear my mistake. Send me a message if you want to know more.

• Di
    Disgusted by the work Apr 02, 2012

Contact nj division of consumer affairs and file a complaint. Have his license taken a way. Contact the local media. They love thse types of stories.

• De
    denvercoRachel Nov 17, 2013

The ownerJoseph Radcliff aka joe seal is a scam artist. We had roof done in Denver and he did an awful job. Back out of contract ASAP!!! google his name and u will see statefarm lawsuit for a scam he did under previous business cpm construction. The roof is not going to withstand highwinds or snow according to roofing inspector. He failed city inspection and it has been a nightmare for me.

Masterbuilt Contracting LLCpoor quality

I would NOT recommend using Phil Masters for any remodeling or rennovation project. Poor quality and alot of hassles. Too many problems to list.

• Ai
    Ainsworth Sep 15, 2010

I could not agree with you more. Shoddy work even though you pay top dollar. I wouldn't have him build my dog a house.

• Ne
    NewJerseyMom Jul 02, 2011

I just wish I had read this before we began working with him. Nearly a year after we began, our "30 day project" is complete. And by complete I DO NOT mean looks professional. Shoddy work is a fair statement

Master Builders LLC Jul 16, 2011

Just FYI: This is not to be confused with Master Builders/masterbuilt.biz of Anchorage, Alaska. We are not affiliated in any way. We surely don't want comments like this to affect our excellent reputation. Sorry you had a bad experience with this company. If you are in or around Anchorage, Alaska - Give us a call. We won't do you wrong!

• Gr
    grumpycustomer Dec 22, 2011

If you plan to work with this guy without listening to all the complaints here, the least thing you need to do is to understand payment schedule with this company. He will charge you majority money at beginning of job and leave little payment at end, so he can decide whether he will finish the job on his pleasure. When you pay him, make sure he finished everything on the list, nothing should be finished later, because he will never come back finish then, before you realized, you have many unfinished stuff for your project.

He has many unsatisfied customers out there with unfinished job and unsatisfied subcontractors that need to get paid. He has at least three or four jobs working same time, so make sure you check all of them for a time period, because one of them happy and many of them are not.

• Ai
    Ainsworth Dec 30, 2011

Totally agree with Grumpy Customer... same happened here... don't know how this guy lives with himself... he can't feel good about not paying subs and he can't feel good seeing the tears of the women whose homes will not be complete to specs agreed upon. Timeframe is a joke... he says 3-4 months and then it takes 18 months. I will say it again... DO NOT let Phil Masters of Master built LLC in So. Plainfield NJ be your GC... unless you have a lot of time and money on your hands... we need to form a support group for Post Tramautic General Contractor Disorder.

• Ho
    Homeowner in NJ Mar 21, 2012

We hired him for our work and exactly same bad things happened as written in those previous comments. unfinished work, unpaid sub, arrogance, no return of email/phone call, ...

• Su
    subcontractor #1 Jul 12, 2012

It seems Phil Masters is a MASTER at screwing people! My husband was hired by Phil as a subcontractor, my husband is one of the best in the business! We have never not been paid on a job in 26 years, until now! We are a small operation, work very hard for our money and this guy comes along and screws us. I also wondered how he sleeps at night but I figuare instead of counting sheep he counts his money, that he screwed hard working, honest people out of!!!