Lowermybills.com Complaints & Reviews

Lowermybills.comInapropriate advertising ot their website

Over the last several months I have had spam ads from a company called lowermybills.com pop on my computer everyday. I have spyware installed and pop-up blockers, so I don’t know how these ads are making it past them, but I do not like seeing their advertisements. I think they are inappropriate, distasteful, and sick.

The ads features a bunch of silhouettes of men and women (cowboys and large women with hair extensions) dancing and grinding together and moving across the ad. I suppose the movement is suppose to gain your attention, but I think it is all just sick. I do not see how this promotes their business or services in any way. Who would want to do business with a company that uses base ads to gain the attention of customers? I know I wouldn’t, even if I did need their services. I would seek else where for a company that uses more professional advertisements.

The ads are not only distasteful but annoying, especially since I have a paid subscription to my spyware program. I will have to contact them about this ad getting through and popping up on my computer everyday. Honestly, it’s getting to be ridiculous. I do not want to have to look at this disgusting ad everyday.

Lowermybills.comfalse advertizing

I gave my information thinking they would show insurance quotes from different companies, but all they do is switch you over to the insurance companies websites to fill out the same info again. by then they have your info and probably sell it to other companies. This is what I call BAIT AND SWITCH...
FALSE ADVERTIZING...

Lowermybills.comUnethical practices

On-line ads say stuff like "find out what the new lower mortgage rates are in your area".

They ask you for all kinds of personal information : address, phone number, etc. etc. then they never tell you what you were seeking. Instead they give your information to a lot of other companies and you start getting sales calls!

Totally unethical and should be illegal!

• Av
    AverageJoey May 05, 2011

This is very true. One lender infact has enabled auto-dial and keeps calling me every day 1-3 times a day for the past three months. At times I have tried to answer the phone to stop them from calling but nobody responds. And I hadn't even completed filling out all the information requested by lowermybills.com ... I stopped when it asked me for my SSN. But I had already given away my email and phone number so they and now they can harass me all they want and there seems to be nothing that I can do about it.

BEWARE and never give your details to anyone unless you are sure it is someone genuine.

• Ha
    HawaiianHomeowner Dec 16, 2011

"And I hadn't even completed filling out all the information requested by lowermybills.com ..."

That was my experience. There was a block to check that I had read their security policy and terms, so didn't check that off and deleted the page thinking that there was no connection. I didn't even have time to turn off my computer before the first call came in from a loan company that had been fed my information that I thought had not been recorded. IMO, this is deceptive and dishonest to take information that seemingly has not been submitted an presumably selling it. Why else would the calling company have obtained my phone number from lowermybills.com?

Now I'm getting emails from loan companies even though I never agreed to any release of my personal information, much less completed their online questionnaire.

• Ha
    HawaiianHomeowner Dec 16, 2011

I'm already in that registry, but I think this is not relevant since they don't think of themselves as unsolicited callers. They are vendors who have been sold our number by lowermybills.com after LMB got it from us by deception. Thanks for the suggestion.

Lowermybills.com — Scam

Saw an advertisement online from Lowermybills.com claiming they could save me hundreds on my care insurance...

Lowermybills.comInappropriate advertising tag

I hope this is the correct forum for a complaint such as mine. For the past few months I have had a spyware pop-up on my computer daily from a company called lowermybills.com. I find their advertising to be "gross" and inappropriate. It has black silhouette forms of men and women - cowboys and large women with hair extensions - dancing and gyrating across their ad. I do not see how such grossness advertises their service. It is obviously the movement of the ad that is suppose to trigger your interest. However, as a consumer I find it very gross and annoying. I am subscribeded to (paid subscription) a spyware program but somehow this ad is still getting though.

• Andrew P. Dec 14, 2010

I found their animated ads extremely distracting an annoying -- until I installed an ad blocker extension on my browser. Blessed relief!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices