long distance service Complaints & Reviews

long distance serviceunauthorized charges

This company got my husband on the phone and asked him to verify my address and name because they had a package to deliver to me. They recorded him saying yes to these questions and then attached themselves to my AT+T phone bill as my long distance carrier. When I got the bill and called them, they said they would remove the charges and quickly tried to get me off the phone. I asked who authorized the charges and they said my husbands name. I said that he was not on my account and could not make changes to it and asked to hear the recording. They had taken the recording of him saying yes and added it to completely different questions to make it appear he had agreed to change my service. I know this is how it happened because I was home when the original call came and we both discussed how starnge it was because I had not ordered anything to be delivered. They even had him give his birthday because they said the package had to be delivered to someone 18 or older which was just odd. This is a big scam! Be carefull!

Comment Guidelines

3 Responses
    • Th
      thegrammarcop Aug 24, 2009

Tell your husband to report to the IT people that issue the phones for his company, and they can get the call records for that number and try to pursue it. Other than that, you're SOL.

• Dw
      Dwms Aug 24, 2009

My husband continues to get calls on his work cell phone. Sometimes is comes up private number and sometimes it is [protected]. It is someone with a thick Indian voice trying to sell him long distance services. He will not listen to my husband when he tells him this is a company phone and to stop calling.

• La
      lalit Dec 08, 2008

it is the fraud company the agent of this company did'nt give right information...
      they always give wrong information...
      they charge my monthly bill in usa $ and they charge $39.50 as a security deposit which they don't refund...

long distance serviceStartec

I read about Startec, I found that I had the same situation. They charge me but I could not connect any call to over seas. They excused are because I have prepaid account, they can not refund the money I lost because their system has problem. I asked to refund the rest of my money, but the same excuse. I requested they take off my credit card information, they told me the same excuse, because I am prepaid customer, they can not respond to my request. The company is thief.
    I checked them; they do not have marketing department as well as the technical department. This kind of company just is destroying the American companies reputation.
    They are liar.

Comment Guidelines

1 Response
      • Je
        Jessy Smith Dec 30, 2009

This company is one of the largest rip-off artists in the country. My problem with them started in late 2008 after watching their ad. I called and of course, they put me through the nicest sales people in the world. I opened the account and they convinced me to give them my debit/ credit card number so they can save me the hassle of sending my monthly payments.

Anyway, I saw the monthly payments being debited from account and although I did notice that they were kind of high, I have never doubted that I was being ripped off big time. I tried to look at the bills, but, purposely, the bills are not available on-line. In other words, you have to call the company, be placed on hold for ages until you get someone and then they will tell you some sort of balloony story and you sill don't receive your bill. Finally, I had a chance to look through my account and guess what: in a 12-month period, my usage was $751 and the total payments debited from my account was $1070. In the beginning, I thought it was a mistake but when I called, they said those were fees and I should have been aware of those fees. First of all, they have never mentioned such fees when I opened the account. Okay, let's say they did tell me about those fees, am I that insane to accept fees that are 42% as much as my bill? What kind of fees are these? Just to prove that I'm not creating this story, I asked them to email me all my bills, I have my bank statements, I have my usage statement and I have my common sense that no one in the U.S. will accept some unknown fees to be applied to his phone bill that are 42% as much as the usage. MY ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT I DID TRUST THEM WITH MY ACCOUNT AND NEVER CHECKED AFTER THEM BUT NOW I'M READY TO TAKE THEM TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT...

SO BE AWARE!!!