GNC Complaints & Reviews

GNCthe company itself

The company itself hires unethical individuals who slander and abuse one another and the company is completely okay with that . Worst company I've EVER worked for. Not only that but they've threatened my job before by wrongfully telling me not to discuss my pay which is also illegal . But I'll leave it up to equal employment to follow through with .

GNConline ordering and poor customer service

Up until now I have always had a good experience with GNC but a recent online order (which was the first time I ever ordered online) has left me not wanting to ever come back! I was bombarded every day prior to Christmas with e-mails from GNC about specials and deals since I am a rewards member. My husband wanted a Whey Protein product for Christmas and I have a 20% off coupon as well as free shipping, guaranteed before Christmas, if ordered by 12/15/17. I placed the order, received a confirmation email and sat back waiting for the shipping details. By 12/19 I was worried because I had not received a Tracking number so I checked the order status on my account and found that the order had been cancelled! No explanation or anything. I called customer service and after waiting 20+ minutes I am told that the order was cancelled the day before but there was no explanation as to why?! The customer service person said they must be out of stock but wasn't sure. So I look at my checking account and I still have a pending $53.24 debit for days after the order was cancelled. I never received an e-mail or any communication as to the order being cancelled and now I have lost out on the coupon 20% off, free shipping and guarantee of item being received before Christmas. I submit a complaint to their "Contact us" site and get an email back two days later that yes, the order was cancelled and they will resend the cancellation to me (Which I also never got) in spam or junk or anything. I called a local store which is what I would have done had I known it would be this difficult online... the store manager confirmed they had plenty of the item in stock and offered to give me the same price/discount as long as I showed the confirmation email from the cancelled online order. Thanks to him I was able to get the item before Christmas but I will NOT be placing anymore online orders with GNC and furthermore I removed myself from their email list since they solicit things they cannot follow through with.

GNCmanagement

I am complaining b/c the GM, Ashley at Short Pump in Richmond VA fired my son. He has been with the company for almost 2 1/2 years, part time, never called in sick, never came in late, made his numbers. Yet when the new manager of his store forgets to take down the sales sign and never tells my son the sale has ended, my son sells items at the sale price, he gets fired. A week prior to his firing, his new manager told him everyone in the store needed to stop selling items at the sales price and my son understood. He sold items at sales price 1.5 months ago and no one ever told him to stop doing it. Plus Ashley didn't have the balls to question my son when the incidents occurred or fire him. In my work experience most boss' as least let the employee know when they made a mistake and talk to them about it before just firing them. I will never purchase anything ever again from GNC and will make sure I spread the word on how this company treats their employees.

GNCwon't stand behind lousy product

I purchased a bottle of GNC Hip and Joint health dreamy peanut butter flavor for dogs. I have 7 and NOT ONE (1) will eat this. So I took it back to the store, they said they couldn't return them so I called the toll free number and although the person was nice they did nothing to replace or refund the product. They wanted to blame the store but it is GNC who made the product and they won't stand behind it. I paid $50.00 for this bottle of what has to be really bad product as I have said I have 7 dogs and not one will eat this crap.

GNCemployee made me feel uncomfortable

This review is based on the employee... I love the product at GNC... I have shopped at the GNC store in Hummelstown, Pennsylvania, located right beside Kmart, 3 times.. Every time I go into the store, there is a creepy old guy who works there. He makes everyone feel uncomfortable. I've had numerous people have the same experience as me.

My first experience at this store, I went into the store with my friend and we were looking to buy whey protein... This guy kept suggesting that we buy horny goat weed, and telling us about his sexual life at home. He continued to follow us around the store.. We told him "thank you for your help, and we'll just look by ourselves." He continued to follow us and talk and tell us stories.. It made us both feel uncomfortable.

The second time I came back, all he did was complain about his manager. He said the store manager does not like him. A few minutes later, the store manager left for the day, and he was like "Oh good, she left.. I don't like her. Now I can finally go out front and smoke a cigarette.. She doesn't like me, and she doesn't like when I smoke out front". He followed me around the store again. I told him over and over again "thank you for your help and i'll continue to look by myself".. He didn't listen and continued to follow me around.. It was very uncomfortable to shop like this.

If GNC continues to have this guy work at their store, I am going to start shopping at a new store. I don't normally complain, but this guy made me feel so uncomfortable.. and seeing him complain about his management was just horrible and unprofessional.

• Dl
    D Laskey Mar 08, 2014

Charged $102 following upon paying $6 for a free-sample of product.

GNCemployee

A couple works together at the GNC in the mall in Durango, CO. They constantly engage in PDA and it is extremely unprofessional.
They do not pay attention to customers, let alone stop when one is present. This unprofessional behavior has caused me to take my business elsewhere where I can get real customer service.

GNCfalse advertising

On October 4, 2011 I received an email stating "Web Only 20% off our entire site for shoppers we miss the most" - The email stated that the "discount was applied when you shop through this email" - so I clicked on the email for the "20% entire site." I ordered three items - GNC Joint Vitamins, Gaspari Phenorex and Gaspari Spirodex. The check out didn't give me the 20% off as promised so I called customer support before pressing "submit order." The customer service rep so "go ahead and press sumbit and I'll run up to management to get the discount." They called a few days later and said they would not apply the 20% because I already had 20% off on the vitamins and the Gaspari products were "hot items" so no discount.
Bottom line is they're sending misleading emails with false statements. I could have gone into gnc.com normally and gotten the same discount! To state "20% entire site" is misleading - Entire means ENTIRE you idiots! and the email said nothing about a normal discount using the card - it said 20% across the entire order. I'll be shopping at Complete Nutrition, MuscleTech and Gaspari from NOW ON!
Then I received an email from GNC with a survey stating "We want to hear from you" and "Please take a moment to tell us about your experience. You can be assured that your responses will be used only for research purposes, and will be held in strict confidence. This survey offer will expire in 7 days. We value your input, and thank you in advance for your participation. To participate in the survey, simply click here." I clicked on the link within 7 days to tell them what I thought and I received "Invalid link Please contact the sender of this invitation" - REALLY! REALLY!

GNCgold card rip off

I went into my local gnc about a month ago;. While in there I was told by one of the employees about how great the gold card was?. I was told that I could save 30-50% off and if I used the protein that I was purchasing on a regular basis that it would pay for itself the next month.. Since I am all about saving money I purchased the gold card,. I went into that local store today and I was told by the cashier that I have to use the gold card during the first week of the month only'. Explain to me why I need to spend money on a discount program that the company tells me when I can use it? Don’t get fooled by the cashiers at gnc,. The gold card is a money maker for gnc and gnc only/. Gnc has sold me their last product!!!

• Je
    jetlagged Dec 19, 2011

Extremely bad service from Staff named Timothy. Dont take it out on your customers if you don't like your job! I suggest GNC send you for further training on how to deal with the public.

• Z0
    z00y0rk Jun 05, 2012

the employees would not shut the heck up about stuff they wanted me to have. HELLO I CAME HERE FOR ME NOT YOU!!! And what the hell is a P3!!! oh a gnc brand. what ever happened to good service without husstleing like a drug dealer?

• Ta
    Tara Jolley Oct 12, 2012

I wanted to buy Cellucor HD and found GNC company in the internet. They seemed to be reliable and I called to make and order. We talked 5 minutes and then I simply hang up. I can’t stand people working in that manner. I asked some questions and got one answer to all – find it yourself in the internet.

• Pa
    P.A. Coffey Mar 19, 2015

Made a purchase yesterday...was told my Gold card had expired the week before. I was offered 1 year membership @ 15.00 2 year @ 20.00 opted for latter. Came home, and two things bothered me.1, the expiration date on the Vitamins would be out of date by the time I finished them ..(6mos) 2, My receipt said ZERO about 2 YEAR MEMBERSHIP JUST THAT IT EXPIRED IN 2016...I knew, I had got two year membership the last time also and I WAS NOT LIVING IN THIS STATE IN 2013 for that 2 YEAR MEMBERSHIP TO HAVE EXPIRED.!!! Of course, the Store us unable to deal with problems so more time and energy has to be spent arguing on phones.
    SUFFICE IT TO SAY...IF YOU ARE BUYING A TWO YEAR MEMBERSHIP...AND YOUR RECEIPT SAYS ITS ONE YEAR...????????? SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT!!!

GNCbad service

So tired of the consistant desparate routine the corporate stores bother us. Its so embarrasing for those pathetic soles!. You will only be directed toward gnc products only! Amp brand protein!! Over priced multis etc!!! And they sell drug masking drinks and inositol powder!! Great for cutting coke!!! But ask cause they keep it hidden!! Its all about making there numbers, or they will let u go!!! They set weekly goals how many gold cards, multi vitamins and they call it p3, these are gnc high profit supplements. So next time you go to gnc spit out that chewable they force at you. Oms (One more sale) job turnover big, they pay sales crew a wopping 8 bucks an hour! Its not about customer caring, so sad about making weekly numbers! So sorry I was one of those sales people, over selling you with that fake smile! To make my numbers!

• Bi
    Bill William Apr 29, 2017

I bought some Nugenix Ultimate and it did not help at all. So I try to return it but the mgr. would not give me a refund saying I did not return it with in the 30 day time limited . Store # is 3502 in Sylva NC . You have lost a customer for life.

GNCcrook manager

I purchased vitamins from GNC store in my area and the sales person didn't give me a receipt for my purchase. I find that out when I got home so I went the following day to return the product after I read bad reviews and horror stories here but to my surprise the same salesperson who happened to be the manager said their return policy is to have the receipt or I can get store credit!

I am so upset and angry because he simply made his $$ and made sure to keep my receipt so I can't return the product. I will call GNC headquarters and I hope I get somewhere with them to refund my money!

GNCovercharged debit card and won't refund money

Over a month ago I tried to purchase some items at my local GNC store. The employee helping me at the time told me that my card didn't go through and I paid with cash. later that week I saw that my card was indeed charged I went to the store and they informed me that I would have to go through the Corporate customer service department. I was told by the C.S. dept. that they in fact identified the error and that my card would be refunded. I waited one week and never saw the charge refunded. I called back and was informed that a mistake was made and they would refund my money immediately. almost three weeks have passed and I still haven't seen any money. I have called several times, each tome being told that someone will call me back, still no return calls. I am quite disturbed that such a large company would have such poor service. I know that $53, 00 of my money is of little or no concern to GNC, but I would like something for the money that has been taken.

GNCstay away from their membership!

I only wish I had read this blog prior to walking in to a store! What a scam. They offer a membership for discount purchases but ONLY for the 1st seven days of the month. I ordered online, they received my order then after the 7 day period, they notified me they were out of stock and I was not able to purchase the product with the discount as too much time had elapsed. When contacting their Customer Service, I was basically told, "sorry". No additional offer was made or service provided. Now in addition to having spent money on a so called membership, I must purchase my products without benefit of any discount as I cannot wait 3 weeks until the so called "discount" is offered at the beginning of next month. Stay away from these stores - there is too much competition out there to bother with GNC!!!

Saedra Jun 08, 2011

Yup, this is the worst company ever. I worked for them for five years. Micro management in the company is aweful. Everything is over priced, and sales associates will lie out of their ### just to make commission.

GNCawful company

I normally have purchased products from this GNC, over the last couple of months and recently I purchased these protein shakes, that had gone off, although were still within their expiry date but could not be consumed.

I returned to the store and was saw the same person who had served me a couple of days ago and informed them that although I didn't have the initial receipt anymore, I wished to exchange them. I was then informed by the same sales person who recognized me, that she could not do so because I did not have receipt and that because there was one missing from the pack I couldn't do so anyway.

I am horrified to say the least that if you buy bad products you have to be stuck with them purely because as I believe the staff, including the manager have no customer service common sense. I as a customer have every right according to the consumer law to return a purchased item from the store for an exchange if dissatisfied with it and expect to get edible products fit for human consumption. I will however let all my friends and coworkers know about this situation and do intend whatsoever to buy another product from any GNC store.

• De
    denny May 02, 2009

at GNC they seem to have no customer service even at the headquarters. i have been charged tax on an online order and it doesnt apply in michigan. even though its now been 4 days, they still dont have an answer as to why this has happened. it didnt take them much time to charge my credit card, but they cant seem to give me any customer service. its their error, theres not any tax charged on any of 5 previous orders from them on the same items, and while they can see this in my profile, still they are rude and not helpful. almost anything they sell can be bought on another website and my advice is to go elsewhere. they are stupid and unwilling to correct their own errors even when its blatently obvious.

• De
    denny May 02, 2009

by the way on the above comment, it is for food products to which tax doesnt apply in michigan

• Vi
    vivalabutler5 May 10, 2011

Regarding returns without a receipt:
    If you paid with a credit or debit card, you can ask the associate to look up the purchase info, using your card, on the item(s) you want to return. If the purchase was made within 30 days, you are entitled to a full refund of the purchase price.

GNC — rip-off!

I brought the GNC GOLD Card membership earlier this year (which I thought was a good deal) because I could get 20% off for the first seven days of the month for the entire year...