Global payments Complaints & Reviews

Global paymentsMerchant banking services

Here are copies of emails trying to get answers. This was a three month experience trying to close my account and getting funds deposited from August / Sept 2016. Horrible service, no replies to email until I lose my you know what.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

You have got to be kidding...!

Jan 31 statement on # 4078... - two transactions totaling $98.17 and fees are $87.22. And these were transaction from Sept 2016. This is unbelievable.

Now you know why I went to PayPal.

We are officially done. Will I be getting any more surprises or do I have to put a stop payment on Global at my bank?
_________________________________________________________

Three transactions dated from August and September 2016 have not been deposited in my account as of Jan 1 2017.

_____________________________________________________________

Here we go again, please explain these high fees when zero transactions were made for the month of October 2016.

#4121... - $0.00 deposits - $100.00 fee
#4078... -$ 0.00 deposits - $120.00 fee

Resolved Global paymentsfinancial services

The problems started when I would wait for long hours for the processing my online payments. I fought with them and eventually after few months they let me change to a new processor but still owned my gateway. Then after two weeks they closed my gateway. Though my issues were eventually resolved I don’t want any of my fellow merchants to go through a similar experience. Hence the post

Resolved Global paymentsdebit card

Alveris
I have an export business and it was doing well before I signed up for services with Global Payments. Last September I got a bulk order and customers choose to pay via credit card. But this set off a fraud investigation where Visa and Master cards are not eligible for transaction. When I sought an explanation the service provider did not respond to my request. Global payments terminated my account worth $11000 and unceremoniously informed me that I will not be able to access the same before a period of 200 days.

Resolved Global paymentsRude and predatory

I have a gambling problem and ran up $2500 that I owed Global Payments. I've probably had over 100 transactions with them in the casinos, Each transaction was anywhere from 500 to 2500 dollars. They refuse to tell me how much money I've made them. When I ran up this small debt I was considering bankruptcy. Gambling messed me up good. When I told them that they didn't believe me and called me a liar. A lawyer convinced me not to file for bankruptcy. At the point I decided to pay, as opposed to file for bankruptcy, Global Payments had already been excessively rude to me. I had been called a liar, "amazing person, " and been told I was "tap dancing around the issue." I was engaging the issue by looking into bankruptcy, a better job, and dealing with other companies I owed money to who were able to cut my bills in half (medical bills). When I agreed to pay global payments they asked for pre paid debit cards. I sent one in with 1000 on it and everything went fine. The next two I sent in they wouldn't accept. I blew up on them. They didn't say anything about not accepting certain Visa pre paid debit cards. The pre paid card companies had to send my money back. I sent them another pre paid debit card. They declined it. I blew up again. At this point they told me to send a cashiers check. We agreed upon a date that would give me time to get my money back from the pre paid card company. A week before that date they called me and demanded the money. I gave them my credit card number and told them to charge a couple hundred to it. After that they hung up on me. I called back to get the name of the person who called me and they answered and hung up on me. I called back and was on hold for an hour and a half before their system said "We are now closed." The next day I called and told them I was refusing to pay unless I got an apology. The person refused to apologize. I refused to pay. So that's why I hate Global Payments.

Global paymentsDeclined check

Purchased gasoline at a Holiday and was told check declined, got a printout of phone number to call and all it does is refer to a "Service" to purchase and wait for a text message on my cell phone (plenty of money in the accounts both times).
Attempted to purchase items at MinnCo Computers in Waite Park, MN and check was declined, received "transaction Confirmation "
all it shows is Declined, Decline Check and a phone number to call [protected], I get a automated message asking for personal information and a message to expect a response in the mail in 48 hours.
MY response is a letter to each of these businesses and Global Payments with a note that I will NEVER shop at a business that does business with Global Payments and I will recommend to all of my customers to do the same.

Resolved Global paymentsOvercharged

To Whom It may Concern:
It has been three months and we are being billed much more than what we were told at the initial consultation.
The payments for Master cards are still going to the wrong account. Evo Salesman will not return any messages left on his cell. He says we need to deal with the merchant services customer care and if you call there we are put on hold(after waiting to get through to anyone for 20 minutes to half an hour) and transferred to another department to do the same or given a different number to call and start over.
Once we decided to return the terminals and we called, but they gave different phones numbers to cancel the contract and wasted for more than an hour. High cancellation charges apply which also was not explained to us.
We returned our terminal back to Northern Leasing and don't want to continue with them.
Before entering in to the contract just make sure all hidden charges. Global Payment representative should not explain clearly about the hidden charges.

• Ga
    ganny Dec 05, 2013

Personally, I think Global Payments should review their marketing strategy and the existing support function. Am a bit tired of trying to get through to the support staff for a refund that I should have received months ago. Their attitude was very different when the sales rep approached me a year ago. Now that I wish to cancel my contract, a number of clauses and regulations are surfacing, strange there weren’t mentioned in the contract when it signed one!