Forever Weddings Complaints & Reviews

Forever WeddingsMitch Wiggins

We met Mitch at the food tasting on 4/17/12 and made a payment, and after several calls, (all initiated by me), and a few reschedule appointments (all by Mitch) I was finally able to meet with Keyvn on 6/29 for another payment, I was told they only accepted checks or cash as I was willing to make a payment over the phone using my credit/debit card. At this time I was concerned and wanting to get the ball rolling on color selections, menu selections, songs, photographer, adding additional items to our contract (hours for bartenders) etc., but Mitch assured me when had plenty of time to do this and really didn't need to do anything other than the colors until the walk through. He said he would get a hold of my daughter (bride) for the colors, but she never heard from him.

I finally reached Mitch and scheduled to meet with him at the Miramonte (for a final walk-through, payment, etc) on Wed 7/11, he would call me with a time as he did not have his calendar with him. We did not hear from him and after leaving several messages he finally called me late Saturday or Sunday, apologizing for not getting back to me, he has Crones disease had a flare up, and was sick and at the hospital. We rescheduled for Monday 7/16. Again, I never received a confirmation on the time or the meeting, and after several attempts to reach him (with messages of my concern) he called me on Tuesday 7/17 apologizing for not getting back to me (flare up of Crones disease again or still) and we agreed to try and meet on Wednesday 7/18. I told him I would need to contact the kids (bride and groom) to determine their availability. I called him back Tuesday 7/17 evening and Wednesday 7/18 several times with messages that we could only meet at 7:30 pm due to our work schedules and having to drive out to Miramonte and to please confirm our meeting and time. On Wednesday 7/18 late afternoon he called me to say he could not meet with us, at which time I conference called my daughter and we made final decisions over the phone (I typed up our conversation and sent him an email confirming our conversation (see below), and agreed I would meet either him or Keyvn on Saturday 7/21 for final payment (had to be in before Monday) and walk-through at the Miramonte (again he would contact me as to who to meet and what time). On Saturday 7/21, he called late in the afternoon, apologizing as he was not sure if he could meet or not as Keyvn had a tournament and was still winning and could possibly play again. If he could still meet it would be in my neighborhood, or one of them could meet me on Monday 7/23, by my office as the money had to be submitted by that morning. I stressed to please call and let me know, do not leave me guessing! Again I did not hear back from him and he when he called me on Monday 7/23, he had once again had a conflict and could not meet as planned. He wanted to meet on Tuesday 7/24, I told him I was at an all day retreat that day, so we agreed on Wednesday 7/25 over by my house as I had so much to get ready for and did not feel at that time that I should have to drive 45 minutes away to meet with him as this was not my procrastination but his. On Wednesday 7/25 mid afternoon he called my daughter (I was sitting right there) and canceled the meeting again! At that time he informed her that I needed to pay CASH at the rehearsal on Thursday night 7/26 or he would have to cancel our event! I am at this point LIVID! Thursday evening 7/26 as we were headed out the door he called me and indicated that my daughter was the one that told him I could not meet the day before (that is simply not the truth!) and that he could not be there for the rehearsal as his daughter had a ball game, but he would dash by to pick up the money, which he did. This was the last I saw and heard from Mitch.

Saturday at the wedding, to my knowledge as there was no communication, Mitch was not there to ensure that things were done and in place on time as agreed upon. It was my understanding that the hall would be set up by 3 pm, yet at 4 pm when guest were arriving the hall was not ready. I mentioned several times that we had 16 people at the head table, yet it was set up for a total of 7. This created a spacing issue with the reset of the head table, as all the other tables were in place. There were only 160 chairs outside (ceremony) for guest and we had 217 RSVP's I was told there would be more chairs, but when the wedding started we still only had 160. Linens-the colors I ordered were not fully available due to the wedding the day before. We ended up with Red and Black sashes on chairs and Black and White napkins on the tables.

The photographer showed up in short shorts and was uncommunicative to both myself and my daughter and therefore some of the request we put down for pictures did not happen. She seemed to be more interested in communicating with the DJ than with us. Here it is 2 weeks after the wedding and I still have not seen or received any photos!

I am an Events Planner, and at no time would I leave it up to my customers to do all the work and coordination for an event, so I guess I expected more from Forever Weddings (Mitch) as well. I cannot believe that there is not a "back-up" person that can handle conflicts in scheduling. I understand things happen, but certainly not this often and then to feel that I have to take on extra responsibilities/steps (meet in Broomfield or across town in Littleton/Denver, go to the bank for cash, numerous attempts to set up meetings) when I was more than willing to meet and finalize things at least 2 weeks prior to our event date. At this time I would not recommend this service to anyone, as I certainly am not sure what my $8k paid for.

Livid Rena Aug 15, 2012

We are also had the same kind of experience! I can't get any return calls and our event was way less than what was promised! We had to do all the work and could not get Mitch to return any phone calls, etc. The photographer he set up for us showed up very very unprofessionally dressed and over half the requested pictures did not get taken! What a SCAM! I have contacted his boss with little to no response to my request to make this better via some sort to reimbursement!

Received a response from Forever Weddings:
    just need you address to send the photos to they look great she did a great job
    i talked to many people of your day and the hall looked great jim and sandy did a great job on the catering
    the dj did great and the photos look great you already complained there's not much else im going to do
    being that the name is already teinted by your so called horrable wedding i thing its not anyware as bad as you think

As you can see, not a very professional response, and certainly did not address any of my concerns. I sent him my address the week prior to this response, so why the need to ask for it again, and certainly it is on the contract as well. Hmmmm

Livid Rena Aug 22, 2012

I responded to the previous message:
    I sent you my address over a week ago, but here it is again
    (address was here)
    Obviously your not caring about your customers. I have many people that were there that would disagree with your opinion.

I then received this response a week later:
    "there is always a few they made a tv show about that
    if you wanted a 40, 000.00 wedding you should have paid
    for a 40, 000.00 wedding not 5, 000.00 you just care about
    yourself you had a great event at a great price and all you"

WOW! Great event? The colors I ordered and paid for were not the colors I received, the hall was not set up in time for my guest, and there was not enough seating for all of them, and the photographer did not take over half the pictures that were requested and documented on the photo request form. Who is just caring about themselves here? By the way I still have not received any of the photos, so again another service paid for but not received!

Forever WeddingsReturn of deposit

We signed a contract with Mitch Wiggins, Forever Weddings, on August 15, 2010 for a Quinceanera (Sweet 15) for my daughter that was to be held on July 16, 2011. We gave a deposit and was set to give the rest of the money owed two weeks prior to the event. On Wednesday, April 13, 2011, Mike with Colorado Weddings informed us that our event center had been double-booked. A different venue was offered to us but being that this new location would be about an hour away from our home we turned it down. As was a different venue that Mitch Wiggins suggested we take but at a higher rate that would be split between Colorado Weddings and us. We asked numerous times for the name/address of the venue so we could go see and if we felt it met our needs and then we would then set up a time to go tour the facility with Mitch but Mitch never gave us the location of the new event center and instead accused us of trying to book the event center directly with the owner. He even suggested that we move the date and that he would throw in a laser hair removal service for my daughter, which we thought was offensive. As for moving the date didn't work for us either because we had booked the church mass a year in advance as well. To make a long story short Mitch has made no contact with us as far as returning our deposit. We tried to sue him in small claims court but when Broomfield PD tried to serve the papers they couldn't find him. Eventually we found a different venue for our daughters Sweet 15 which we ended paying a lot more for the hall. We have been trying to serve court papers to Mitch since August of 2011 and I have contacted numerous agencies asking for help. I also contacted the Attorney General and they need for more people to come forward and place a formal complaint against this fraudulent company so that the state can start a formal investigation. I know that there are more people that have had similar complaints against Mitch Wiggins and Forever Weddings aka 303 Weddings and the various other names this company goes by, we all need to put a stop to this company right now!

Maria Corbett-Jones Apr 11, 2012

H just did the same thing to me and will not give my deposit back. Mich w/ forever wedding booked my wedding on the wrong date and will not give me my money back.

Forever WeddingsBride's worst nightmare

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOUR WEDDING VENUE GETS DOUBLE BOOKED? NOT ONLY DID I BOOK VENUE W/ THEM BUT I BOOKED FOOD, TABLES, CHAIRS, TABLE LINENS, CHAIR COVERS AND SASHES, DJ, AND PHOTOGRAPHERS

SO I CALL TO WORK OUT A TIME W/ MITCH FROM FOREVER WEDDINGS TO PAY HIM OFF EARLY TELLS ME HE SCRACHED OUT MY WEDDING DATE FOR SOME REASON, HE DOSENT KNOW WHY AND GAVE MY WEDDING DATE TO ANTOTHER BRIDE. THE GUY MITCH WHO I BOOK WITH TELLS ME OH WELL HE CAN REFUND MY MONEY! OR I CAN CHANGE VENUE TO BROOMFEILD. WELL I LIVE IN COLORADO SPRINGS, AND MY CHURCH IS IN CASTLEROCK. THIS WILL NOT WORK AT ALL.

WHAT DO I DO? MY WEDDING IS IN 3MONS!! AND EVERYTHING IS PAID FOR CHURCH, INVITATIONS, SAVE THE DATES WENT OUT ALREADY. MY FAMILY DOSENT LIVE HERE AND HAVE BOOK AIR FAIR, WE BOOK TWO HOUSES FOR FAMILY TO STAY AT. HOTEL IS BOOKED AND PAID FOR. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO AND THIS GUY TELLS ME OH WELL! MY MOTHER AND FATHER ARE MOVING TO ANOTHER STATE (MILITARY P.C.S. MOVE) THE WEEK AFTER MY WEDDING. MY FIANCÉ WILL BE OUT OF TOWN THE WEEK BEFORE WEDDING DATE JUNE23RD SO THER IS NO WAY TO CHANGE WEDDING DATE

Livid Rena Aug 22, 2012

It is too bad, that we did not see this site prior to contracting with Mitch Wiggins and his company. It certainly would have made me think twice before contracting with him. Please read my posting to see that we had issues with him as well. Did you ever get your deposit back?

Forever WeddingsScammed!

We have been praying about whether we should take this to court. We had a contract written and paid for prior to our wedding in December of 2011. We rented 'The Castlewood' for our reception site. We agreed on our own setup and breakdown, and just rented the facility (no catering). We paid an extra amount to setup early that morning and also a rental fee for the linens, as well as the cleaning dep of $250. When we showed up that morning, there was still the mess from the night before's event. Dirty tables and floor and these dirty linens to use for our event. The bathrooms and kitchen were dirty. Dead bee's and broken glass in the window seals. We were promised enough round tables to setup for 300 people. We were 125 people short!!! We were also told that there would be 'white' chairs, and there were plain chairs. On this wedding morning, Mitch did not return my phone calls. Nor has he returned any of my phone calls since. And, it has been 4 weeks since our wedding, and we still have not received our cleaning deposit back yet...and we left if SPOTLESS and were out on time. This caused so much stress to so many people that day and has really put a damper on our wedding day. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS VENDOR FOR WEDDINGS...HE IS A WOLF! He has multiple sites: Broomfield and Englewood. Also, when we wrote our final check out, he left it blank, because he said he wasn't sure which account he would put it into since they were trying to get around the taxes to purchase another site!!! Please let me know if anyone has had a successful suit against him and has gotten their money back.

• Je
    JessieGrace22 Jan 12, 2012

I had the same exact experience, however I was dumb enough to go in for my day of "shadowing". Absolute nightmare...went door to door all day. We even went into places that specifically stated 'no solicitation'. These people could get in to a lot of trouble.

• Je
    JessieGrace22 Jan 12, 2012

I apologize, this comment was meant for another post and for some reason ended up here!

Maria Corbett-Jones Mar 15, 2012

Forever WeddingsWon't pay debt

Gave him our deposit to hold date. Come to find out he lied about who he works with and was impossible to get a hold of after he deposited check. Took him to court to get our deposit back after he said he would give back. Won the case and now he won't pay. Can't take to collections cause he is not even registered as a business in Colorado. No way of garnishing wages!! His business partner Michael Klien is a con artist too. They have five different companies they go by cause they obviously can't keep a good name for themselves. Forever Weddings, Traditions Weddings, Colorado Weddings, Colorado Wedding Group, and 303 Weddings. I am so pissed off. Please don't make the same mistake we did. Stay away!!

sashabwilliams Jan 14, 2011

Please let me know the name of this individual!!! I am so worried that we might be going through the same thing please

Mac2213 Apr 26, 2011

He got me too!!! You can't even find him with the bbb unless u put his phone number!!!

• We
    weddingscam Jan 11, 2012

we are now going through it too; there were so many things wrong and we still haven't received our deposit and its' been 4 weeks!