DuraSeal / DuraCrete Complaints & Reviews

DuraSeal / DuraCreteScam artist

We paid Joe Caramanna a $300 cash deposit on April 6, 2007 to re-lay, pressure wash and seal our flagstone steps. He said the job would be done at the beginning of May. In mid-May I called to see when he was coming. He complained about the poor weather putting him behind in his schedule. (I didn't think we had had that many rainy days.) He said he would begin the next week. He didn't show and didn't call. I had to leave several messages at his office before he returned my call. To make a long story short, we have called him many times. He always said he would be here the next day, but never showed up. Now he does not return our phone calls. Joe Caramanna is not an honest businessman. I called him in response to an ad in a local magazine. I am going to contact the magazine to let them know about our experience with DuraSeal and we will probably proceed to Small Claims Court in an attempt to get our money back.

• Fr
      Frances Yau May 06, 2008

Joe took $125 from us and never showed up, just like what he did to you. We hired his service at the beginning of April 2008 and he said he would come clean and seal our driveway on April 12/08. It rained that day, when I called back, he said he would come in the following week but he never did. After that we called many many times but he never returned our phone calls. He's such a scammer!

DuraSeal / DuraCreteDo not deal with DuraSeal!

DuraSeal DuraCrete, Estimate coordinator Joespeh (Joe) Caramanna, 14-3650 Langstaff Rd, Woodbridge, ON L4L 9A8, ph [protected]. Sometimes known as Tricon Paving or DuraStone. We hired them last April and they did a half hearted job that cost us $30,000.00. We are in the process of taking them to small claims court. Better Business Bureau and Consumer Protection Branch of Ministry of Gov Services unable to help. All they will do is what you do, call the company and send them a registered letter. The answering system for the company phone and Joe's cell phone have been changed so that you can not even leave a message. They installed our diving board anchor crooked, pool stairs crooked, did not plan their loads of concrete properly so some areas look like a patch quilt of different shades. They left concrete over pours in areas and the braces they built, did damage. They decided to leave a previously poured concrete pad and pour over it insisting it would not crack, it cracked within 2 months! The sealing process was attempted but shoddy at best. Very frustrating. Do not deal with DuraSeal, or Joe Caramanna.

• Em
        empex Feb 10, 2010

I know the Joe Caramanna you are looking for, but all I have is his new cell number, .. it is [protected], ... if you'd like to get hold of me, .. I can possibly give you more info, .. empex.[protected]@sympatico.ca

• Fi
        Finding Joe C May 31, 2012

I am dealing with Joe now. He is a con-man through and through. I hope as due diligence more people find this page after they get his name and research the type of person he is before they give him a single dollar. What ever story he is giving you about why he can't come to your house after getting money is BS. He forgot to hang up his phone after talking to me once and proved this while he was laughing with his buds about what he was really doing - sleeping on off from the night before.