Retail Transaction Suppliessend orders not requested

hi! I don`t know if you can help me. I am a small business owner and i received a call few months ago saying that this company represented Interac and that i was due to order some cleaning supplies for the machine, I agreed expecting a small bottle of liquid or cleaner. Instead I received 120$ worth of these pads that i really didn`t need. I also realised the company was not related to Interac or my bank that manages my system. A month later they call again asking if everything is alright, I state yes and hang up. A week later another box of supplies arrives that i did not order. I called 3 times, left messages, they say it`s my responsibility to pay the shipping to return the product I did not order (cost about 10$). They now refuse to answer any of my calls. Is there anything I can do? The company name is Retail Transaction Supplies and the phone number is [protected]
Kind regards
Genevieve

• Bi
    bill Apr 30, 2009

We had the same thing happen a few months ago. If you complain at them long enough they will give in.
    Also ask them for the Purchase order # you gave them when ordering (it shouldn't exist) and tell them nothing is ordered without this number which is authorized by you (the business owner) so if they don't have it they need to come back and get it.
    Also, try and call Canpar or whoever they shipped it with, say the person in your store signed for something they shouldn't have signed for, and ask for it to be picked up and returned to sender.

These guys are thieves, but it is possible to get your money back.

• Me
    Merkurius Sep 10, 2009

Hi,

I work for a company in Quebec City, we had the same problem few weeks ago (August 2009) with the same company. Same adress, same phone number, but they call themselves SFB instead of RTS, which is simply the name translated in French (Service Fournitures de Bureau).

I agree with Bill, these people are criminals. They just send package to companies and hope they'll get a payment for it. In big organisations, people don't always have time to double check which employee ordered that, so they sign and pay.

Be careful. My opinion: ignore them. Drop the box in the trash, they will never sue you or anything. They just hope a paiement.

• Ro
    robbyb Sep 15, 2009

Hi,

My story is exactly the same as those above. I filed a complaint with the Quebec better business bureau ( http://www.bbb-bec.com/main.cfm?p=231&l=en ) and finally got hold of them on the phone. I also insisted that they produce our purchase order number and they backed down slightly. I refused to ship their package back to them (for fears of them claiming the goods got damaged in transit and must therefor be paid for - as per their fine print!). The answer was that someone would call me back to which I got her to confirm that they would pick up their package. I concluded by telling the very forceful lady that I was recording the call for my own records. I am willing to bet that we won't hear from them again.

• Be
    Ben Hubert Jan 11, 2010

January 11, 2010

Just back from holidays and this unsolicited box by Services de fournitures de bureau SFB, with same address and phone number as above was waiting on my desk. The staff and I had a hunch it was a fraud. We had been warned by our interac company that some scammers send office supplies that were never ordered.

We called the number listed on the box [protected] and spoke with a Mr Rivard Of Lafierté and Letendre who say they sell construction materials in Ste Hyacinthe and had never heard of FSB-RTS

We are not opening the box and will try to get Canpar to take it back for free or we will send a letter to the Park avenue address giving them 2 weeks to take back their shipment or it will go to recycling.

I'm not paying for their scam. Let them sue all their victims and the legal bills will bankrupt them.

I will also contact the consumer shows La Facture and Marketplace to let them know about this.

Denis

Lana W Mar 17, 2010

March 17, 2010

They keep doing it! We also got a package of supplies from them not requested.
    Thank you all for the above advice.
    Lana

patricktran Apr 16, 2010

The same happened to me, they call and talk to on of the employee, I am calling to confirm the shipping address. The employee of course would give them the address, then asked to confirm the name of the interact terminal. They then sent a box of supply then bill for almost $300. I am not concern about being sue, i only concern that they may report to the credit bureau. I am not spending my money and time to send to send it back. Any better suggestion?

Patrick

LaurieV Apr 26, 2010

Hi! Same thing. We've received three boxes of unwanted interac paper. For those living in Quebec, I've placed a call to the OPC and here's what they've said:

-Placing orders against someone's will is clearly illegal and you DON'T have to pay to return the merchandise to them... give them a delay (maybe 7 days) to come and get their crap out of your office.
    -If they say that they don't want to pay for whatever reason jus tell them you are goind to make and official complaint to the SQ économics fraud dept... they should change their mind now

The guy told me that companies like those often call a few weeks before to iquire the name of the boss. Then when you call to complaint they say i've talk to ''X'' and he told me the order was ok..

So good luck!!

Ladifférence Aug 03, 2010

They do the samething with me today... They really are stupid... And.. Do you know if the complaint work on it? That boring to do all this stuff...! They call.. And they send the package.. After, you realise that's not a reel compagny of interac... You call them, and they tell you... You have to paid for it! You call canpar... And you have to paid for it, because you sign de paper at the reception... They are stupid...
    And, we don't know what we have to do now...! :((

• Jf
    JFT Nov 24, 2010

4 times it happens to me. Do the same thing every time, leave a message that we're aware that it's a scam. Never pay the bill and wait for them to collect. After a few times, they send Canpar to collect the box. These people are scums and [censor] and I told them every time!

• Ba
    bah humb Dec 13, 2010

These guys have called our small business several times asking for sensitive information about our interac machine. The number on the call display is a local Montreal number and appears like this: RTS INC [protected]. It is listed to the same address above in the original post.

• Ca
    canuk99 Jan 05, 2011

The exact same thing just happened to me, RTS at 6830 Parc #400 Montreal PQ
    Shipped a box of interac paper we never ordered but said we did. We did order a shipment in the summer so they knew the name of the receptionist and kept saying she called to order it 2 weeks earlier. I tried to return it to canpar, no luck. Its totally scam!! I've called them 3 times frustrated asking to speak with a manager and am getting nowhere! :(

• Li
    lin123 Jan 18, 2011

it is happen to my company now, we haven't order anything. they just called and check the address then sent something we don't need. When I called back to complaint, the lady is so rough, and hung up right away.

• .._.. Jan 24, 2011

I am having the same experience now, they send me a box of paper roll for the interac that I didn't order. I try to call them and the guy who pick up the phone was really rude and hang up when I said i didn't order it. I try to call back and they put me throw voice mail.
    I was wodering if anyone knows where I can complain in Canada, except their comopany.

• Sb
    sbo124 Jan 27, 2011

I filed a complaint with the Quebec BBB, they replied about 2 weeks after saying they have contacted RTS to resolve the complaint directly with me since they are not registered with the Quebec BBB. Shortly after that RTS sent Canpar to pick up the package and we haven't heard anything since.
    I also filed a complaint with the Canadian Fraud Center, the guy I was talking with says they get 100's of complaints about RTS a DAY and not too pay them and to cut off all contact, don't pick up their calls. He said they will threaten you with taped conversations you've had with them and sending you to collections but without a signed contract between you and RTS, there is nothing they can do. He also said a box of that paper is worth around $10.00 so they are just making money off charging an inflated price.

PANKAJ RATNAKAR SABNIS Jan 28, 2011

Hi there, I do nails in Laval Quebec and I believe I was targetted because of some ads I have out promoting my business.

Now they're selling "first aid kits mandated by the Canadian Board of Health." There is no such board.
    Jan. 26, 2011 A "Danny" called me claiming their $200 first aid kit " is the law in Quebec salons" (it's not). I played dumb (was suspicious) and took his name and number: [protected], a Montreal number.
    Jan. 28, 2011 -- he called back today. I immediately said I was not interested in his service, to remove me from their call list, and not to call again. I said I had found bad reviews online.
    He FLIPPED OUT. "I don't care about some [censor] you found on the internet, this is a democratic country, I'll call who I want." By then I knew the guy is obviously crazy, he continued to scream at me and finally I hung up.
    This company lies, scams, then becomes verbally abusive and they should be jailed for attempted fraud. Frankly this guy is a nutcase, I think.

PANKAJ RATNAKAR SABNIS Jan 28, 2011

This sounds like the same company:

/URL removed/

• Sp
    Sprite123 Feb 07, 2011

You're a [censor]. Canpar DID drop it off at the right spot...at the shipping/receiving dock. That's why every hospital has a shipping and receiving area. That's where deliveries are made. You seem to think that the Canpar driver was supposed to take a ticket, park his truck in visitor parking, deliver the package personally to the recipient (after spending two or so hours trying to find out what room he was in), go back to his truck, then pay for parking on the way out. Uhh...no. It doesn't work that way.

Would you really want a complete stranger to have access to your nephew's room? Do you not think hospitals have security procedures in place so that people cannot just walk in off the street and go into any room they feel like going in to?

It was the hospital's responsibility to deliver the package after a hospital staff member signed for it. Once the package is signed for, responsibility for it no longer lies with the courier. That's why signatures are required. Good grief, give your head a shake.

• Mi
    Mike Feb 14, 2011

Well just call Surete du quebec, they will open an investigation,

Also pay via credit card, then cancel the charge as a chargeback
    Sue them (recours collectif maybe ?)
    Go in person to
    6830 parc Avenue suite 400 Montreal Quebec, h3n 1w7, take photos, videos, post on youtube and here,

• Br
    breakableshy Feb 23, 2011

I also received a phone call just today from a Raymond saying he had an invoice number and such saying we received the cleaning supplies back in november of 2010. I am new to this office and had no idea about what he was asking so i asked him to fax a copy of the invoice...i gave him the number to another person in the office who would be able to help him better than I would...he called 3 times from [protected] saying I needed to get this person to contact him by the end of the day. In the meantime, i searched the number online and came across this...the number he gave me to call him back with was [protected]...I called it, and a man answered with jibberish...not even a hello. I asked for Raymond, heard scuffling on the receiving end, and when he answered, I told him never to call this office again and they were nothing but a scam.

ombrelle Apr 18, 2011

We also recieved a package From S.F.B. (Service de Fourniture de Bureau) in October. they have the wrong compagny name, wrong city, wrong postal code. We called them and natually got their voice mail. We left a message stating we never ordered this and they better pick up their stuff because we will NOT pay their invoive. We received a second invoice during the winter. They just called me ans I told them to pick up their stuff because I won't pay. They just told me they would send me to the credit department. After reading these other posts, I faxed them a notice to pick up their box, that it was not ordered by us. I'm not worried about it. Just don't let them intimidate you. Just keep the box ready to be picked up and get proof of pick up.

ombrelle Apr 28, 2011

UPDATE: They have sent Canpar to pick up the package. I did receive a receipt for the pick up.

ombrelle Apr 28, 2011

UPDATE: They sent Canpar to pick up their bok. I did receive a receipt for proof of Pick up.

• Am
    Amandine May 05, 2011

We also received a box which we did not order in Montreal. Canpar finally came to pick it up for free after 3 weeks of fight with SFB. SFB never stoped to call us and do the same illegal things again and again. Even if I try to tell him I want to be remove of his calling list, he still call us and starts to be really ruth. This is terrible, because we can not do anything to stop him, even when we have the laws and all rights on our side. This is spend too much energy for nothing. I am sorry for the future person who's going to believe him and pay for his crap.

CheeryU May 13, 2011

I didn't pick up the phone call:
    Rts Sfb Inc 6830 Du Parc
    Montreal, QC H3N 1W7
    [protected]

• Li
    LifeMark Jun 14, 2011

This company should be shut down...they will not answer the phone! They just ship orders to companys with out having placed an order, then expect the company to pay to send it back. This is just BAD BUSINESS!! How are they allowed to get away with this?

Mark Leishman Jun 16, 2011

I am the owner of a dental office and a customer of Moneris and recently received unordered supplies at my office. I had heard of these stationery scams in a newsletter Moneris sent to me as a customer. The company in question is Retail Transaction Supplies. They misrepresented themselves as our normal supplier of printer rolls for our debit/credit card machine on the phone to my receptionists and delivered a box of unmarked unordered office supplies on March 23, 2011. As we did not order them, we called their office on March 24, 2011 to inform them that we did not order them. They fabricated an order date of January 11, 2011 and put my receptionist's name on it as she answers the phone with her name when patients call to schedule an appointment with me. Later an invoice appears with a phony order number and customer number and they call threatening our office with sending us to collections and a $50 late fee. The invoice we eventually received, not with the inferior goods, was for $259. 24, obviously inflated for a very small amount of paper. Their office consistently harasses us, even after they failed to claim the unordered merchandise, and we paid to send it back to them via Canada Post and faxed them a refusal of merchandise letter to get them off our backs. I have attempted to call their office personally and have only been successful in getting an answering machine. I have contacted the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre. It sounds like the guys running RTS are an absolute joke and that it is a scam and a half. At least it's good to read that I'm not the only one subject to their abuse.

Annie6235 Jun 29, 2011

I have been trying to deal with these people for almost 2 months now, trying to get them to come and pick up their box of paper. Every time I have called they have been rude, hard to understand, and very unco-operative. They have told me Canpar is on the way to pick it up but they don't know when they will be here- what kind of courier service doesn't give a pick up date!! After reading all this and being told to stop calling and wait for pick up or send it back at my expense I have decided to throw it in the garbage. I am not paying for something that I never ordered and can not even be used in my store! These people are crooks and should be sent to jail, they are taking advantage of people and their unsolicited products and dealings have made me start to second guess who I buy things for my store from since I don't know who to trust when they call.

• De
    denture clinic Jul 07, 2011

These people sent intract machine papers we didnt order and called our office saying we are past due.This woman who was on the phone first said that she will give $20 discount if I give the credit card number .Then she said she will give $30 dollars off when we give the credit card number.I said I do not want to give the credit card number and I feel the price for a interact machine paper 69.95=69.95+20 shipping for two boxes of 18 pieces each.We didn't even receive the second one.She started threatening me that she will complaint to the credit union.I had to hang up and she started calling me again and again.Meanwhile I went online to check this company out and found out so many complaints.When she called back and threatened me again I told her that I will meet her in court and not to call back my office again.Thank you everyone who posted these complaints .

• De
    denture clinic Jul 07, 2011

All the dental offices and denture clinics and small businesses be careful .This Retail transaction supply company is a fraud company.Please do not give your credit card numbers to them.They send you merchandise that you did not order and threaten you that they will report to the credit union if you don't pay.They cant do anything .

• Vi
    Vincenzoitaly Sep 19, 2011

It happen to me too for the second time in 2 years. First time I had to loose so much time to call several time and get hungry for such a stupid thing. I just received today another pack and when I saw SFB I could not believe it. Called 2 times and obviously no answer, only answering machine. Would just be great if we could get their fax number so we can send a fax and keep a copy on file . I'll have to wait for them to call me back I guess.

Pas CONTENT Sep 29, 2011

Moi aussi, je viens de recevoir une facture de 250 $ de Service de Fournitures de Bureau (SFB). Je suis dentiste et je suis écoeuré de cette maudite compagnie à marde. Il n'est pas question que je paie. Il ont bien beau envoyer mon nom au bureau de crédit, je m'en sacre comme dans l'an 40...

• St
    Steve Denture Nov 07, 2011

I have a denture clinic and they have contacted me several times and tricked my receptionist to thinking they are sending again "what I always order". Fortunately when the package came I refused to accept it and it got sent back.

Avoid them. Refuse packages. File complaints. They should be shut down.

• Ka
    karolin Dec 13, 2011

same situation with our dental office in brampton, ontario --- my suggestion is lets place these complaints on facebook - we all know just how fast the news travels and the truth is the truth

• Ls
    L.S.S Dec 22, 2011

I received a call from this company in mid November. They said they were calling from our debit/credit machine's company (they actually had the name of our machine) and wanted to (their exact words): "confirm our shipping address". They relayed our exact address and asked which contact name to put on the shipment - I gave them mine.

Two weeks later we receive a box and a bill of $259.24 with my name on the invoice.

I specifically remember them NOT asking for confirmation to send AND charge us - I would've naturally declined and I later found out we receive the new paper rolls and debit machine cleaners NO CHARGE from our bank.

As a word to the wise: As soon as you call and complain, it is impossible to reach them again. Since I've done that, all other times I have called it has rang, gone to a voicemail (with an absurdly long extension #) and I can no longer reach them. The original phone call I made, I talked to someone instantly.

If you hear from these guys, call them a scammer and ask to be removed from their contact system.

• Ra
    ray kuredjian Jan 13, 2012

I am a small business owner who received 50 cash register rolls from Retail Transaction Supplies without my request or approval for a total of $197.24. When I called they said that i would be charged a 'restocking' fee of 20% to which I refused.
    This organization is a scam and should be investigated for fraud.

• Aj
    Ajax Clinic Sep 21, 2012

We currently have 2 boxes unopened that I have called repeatedly for this RTS Inc / SFB place to come and pick up and they refused and said the invoice was paid i demanded a copy of the paid invoice and a refund and i am still waiting on that (this was 6 months ago). Low and behold, today (Friday Sept 21st 2012) another box came after they had called me on Monday to say they had the third piece of our order and i told them i did not want it. I refused to accept the shipment and have made numerous attempts to get a hold of these people to come and get their junk. Still waiting on them to remove this from our clinic. What is being done about this company?

Chomper80 Sep 27, 2012

Our office and another office I have contacted are going through the exact same thing as mentioned above. We are in ON. They claimed that I had made a verbal agreement with RTS in October 2010 (when i was still living in MB). I called them and explained to them this agreement is impossible since I didn't not start working at this office until March 2011. They ignored the facts and continued to push us to pay for the invoice of $259.24. I had them fax me anything that was prevalent to our "account" with them and all they can fax me were made up invoices and nothing more. Unfortunately the previous owner of the business did pay RTS for the October's invoice. However, RTS claimed that after paying the invoice, I had verbally agreed another shipment in 2 years. Really??!! Who would do that?? So I don't know what else to do but to contact our local police and filed a complaint for fraudulent activity and also consulted with the lawyer. The other office I contacted had contacted CBC marketing. We hope to close this company down. They are a waste of our office time and money.

Jamesbond0077 Oct 03, 2012

We are also contacted by Fournitures de Bureau Canada Inc. They got the wrong company name, and somehow delivered the box to the the right address. When our boss saw that it was not something the company ordered, our boss called them, and they said they are only delivering, and do not take packages back. After two months, then send in an voice of over $200 for the contents (a box of thermal papers!). We never did business with these people, and we will not pay the invoice. We contacted the police, and the Canadian Anti-Fraud Center, Competition Bureau, and also filed a police report. Just to complete deter them, I am going to put up their public information here - of who is the owner of this entreprise, and details can be retrieved on the Quebec Entreprise registry. This would hopefully give victims more recourse to this nuisance.

Name of person: Taha Mohamed (administrator) Tarine Fatima (President)
    Address: 4285 Boul Gaetan-Boucherm Longueil, J3Y 5W4, Canada
    They also operate under these other names:
    1. Agence de collection et d'investigation commerciale (they will call companies to collect their illegitimate money posing as this "collection agency")
    2. Gestion Commerciale de Bureau
    3. Gestion de Bureau Canada
    4. Gestion Logistique Canada

The way to handle scammers is not only not to pay them, but to disclose their identity in public so that every one know who they are dealing with and hence forth reduce the number of vicitims! A nice exposure, huh?

• Pu
    pure+simple Oct 03, 2012

go to http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/eng/03415.html to see the government is charging them for their unethical behavior. Seems like the company is owned by NCR but they hired telemarketers who are the guilty party

• Eu
    Euphoria_delicieux Oct 03, 2012

Found this on the web: More information about Fournitures de Bureau Canada Inc - Scam!!! Also posing as collection agency to collect money from people who have not ordered their junk! Extortionist!!

À l’attention du directeur de l’information économique :

COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE – Fraude : Commerçants et boutiques de la région soyez vigilants : MFB Maison de fournitures de Bureau est devenue Fournitures de bureau Canada Inc. et plus active que jamais!

Toujours administré par le même individu, Mohamed Taha! Ils utiliseraient encore les mêmes listes et ironiquement les mêmes victimes subissent l’envoi de marchandises non sollicitées.

Les opérations malhonnêtes de ces entreprises et de Monsieur Taha dans la région de Granby ont été mises en lumière par le Bureau de Crédit de Granby et repris par J.E. le 21 octobre dernier. Ils distribuent sous fausses représentations des rouleaux de terminaux ainsi que des cartes auto-nettoyantes. Les médias locaux ont largement rapporté ces faits.

Concernant le télémarketing frauduleux bien que selon un article d’un journaliste local, la police de Granby ne considérait pas cela comme un crime mais plutôt un litige entre deux personnes. La réalité en est tout autre. Le bureau de la concurrence ainsi que la GRC prennent plus au sérieux la situation :

« Le télémarketing frauduleux constitue un acte criminel grave qui peut entraîner de sérieuses conséquences tant pour les entreprises que les consommateurs », a déclaré Melanie Aitken, commissaire de la concurrence. « Le Bureau de la concurrence poursuit sa collaboration avec d'autres organismes d'application de la loi pour sévir dans cette affaire et contre d'autres types d'activités frauduleuses. »

Ces commentaires font suite au communiqué sur le site de l’agence concernant les opérations de Georges Haligua qui distribuait des trousses de sécurité et des fournitures de bureau semblables à MFB et Maison de fournitures de Bureau Canada Inc..

«Nos membres et clients se sont fait facturer des produits sous fausses représentations, les prix ont été exagérément gonflés, ce qui est scandaleux » rapporte Benoit Dicaire propriétaire du Bureau de crédit de Granby «Le bureau de la concurrence tarde à agir et les délais d’enquêtes sont longs. Malheureusement même après J.E. l’entreprise a simplement changé de nom et continue à frauder les gens et à se remplir les poches! Tant et aussi longtemps que ces gens continuerons, nous continuerons à les dénoncer haut et fort ».

Nous invitons les commerçants lésés à communiquer avec nous pour de l’aide. Madame Gagnon de J.E. nous confirme avoir reçu également de nombreuses plaintes depuis.

La technique n’est pas nouvelle, de nombreux commerces de la région, les fraudeurs se renseignent d’abord quel type de terminal de cartes de crédit le commerçant utilise puis demande le nom de la personne qui s’en occupe. Parfois ils reçoivent un second appel destiné à la personne responsable se faisant passer sous fausse représentation pour du personnel de Moneris. Ils avisent que leur appareil est dû pour un nettoyage et qu’ils enverraient simplement des produits pour l’entretien et prennent en note le nom de la personne qui répond. Quelques jours plus tard l’histoire d’horreur débute et le commerçant reçoit via Postes Canada un colis contenant les produits d’origine douteuse avec une facture salée de 3 à 5 fois la valeur du produit original vendu par Moneris ou par des détaillants autorisés. Les produits sont d’origine inconnue avec une mauvaise traduction sur l’emballage et ne porte aucune trace du manufacturier. Leur utilisation sur les machines peut les abimer.

Par la suite le commerçant reçoit des appels de suivi et de recouvrement pour le paiement de la facture. La pression et l’intimidation se fait de plus en plus persistante et peuvent appeler le commerçant plusieurs fois par jour. Par la suite si le commerçant ne collabore pas ils reçoivent un présumé appel du Bureau de crédit d’investigation, qui est en fait la même entreprise avec le même propriétaire.

Comme cette compagnie vise des commerçants, ils peuvent aller beaucoup plus loin dans le harcèlement car ce faux bureau de crédit n’est pas assujetti à la loi de protection du consommateur. Si vous êtes victime de cette arnaque ou vous avez été victime n’hésitez pas à communiquer avec le Bureau de crédit de Granby au [protected].

À propos du Bureau de crédit de Granby :

Le Bureau de crédit de Granby est une filiale de Service du crédit l’Excellence. Sa mission est d’apporter aux PME de la région l’expertise et les ressources en matière de gestion du crédit des grandes entreprises. Le bureau de crédit est situé à Granby au 103, rue André, St-Alphonse-de-Granby, J0E 2A0.

À propos de Benoit Dicaire :

Établi dans la région de Granby, Benoit Dicaire possède plus de 26 ans dans la gestion du crédit commercial et consommateur. Il a œuvré auprès d’entreprises majeures au Québec et auprès d’agences de crédit spécialisées. Il possède une expérience des marchés locaux, régionaux, provinciaux et nationaux. Il a également l’expertise des marchés américains ainsi que du crédit à l’exportation. Il se spécialise en gestion et formation des PME locales, de ses gestionnaires et employés. Il est également conférencier pour divers organismes d’affaires.

Renseignements ou demande d’entrevue: M. Benoit Dicaire, [protected] Cell.: [protected], Courriel : [protected]@creditgranby.com et site Web : www.benoitdicaire.com