Resveratrolstealing money from my bank account

I went ahead and ordered the "free" Reseveratrol after reading that it only cost .99 for shipping. There was nothing else to indicate that I wanted to order anything else, and I certainly wasn't interested in that. I used my debit card to pay for the postage. Once the bottle came, there was no packing slip, no way to know how to send it back or contact the company. I set it aside and forgot about it. This weekend I saw a pending charge to my checking account for 87.00 and when I called the bank to inquire about it they told me that I bought something from a specialty store and gave me this number to call and cancel the order, [protected].

The first time I called I was on hold for over ten minutes, and when the young woman answered the phone, she could hardly speak English. Although she was polite to me, I had to have her repeat herself over and over again. In the middle of trying to straighten out the problem the phone went dead, then she came back on, then it went to the automated answering system, back to the young lady, and then went dead for good. The other two times I tried to call back I waited for over twenty minutes, and instead of a customer service rep, I had the weird experience of listening to other customers talking to the service rep, even though they could not hear me, and I couldn't hear the rep! Interestingly enough, they were also trying to get this company to stop charging to their accounts! After a few minutes, the phone went dead again.

Frustrated, I tried to contact the company via e-mail. I found two phone numbers to call, one number was disconnected, the other one, [protected] and it had the same automated messaging system as the first number that I called, and after waiting for over ten minutes, I hung up.

I mistakenly thought that a product connected to Dr. Oz's name would have high professional standards, but I see that he is just like any other person trying to make a fast buck from some poor sap who actually believed that he was on the level. We are in the process of closing our bank account so this company can't steal any more money from my account, and I find myself a little wiser, and sadder.

• Dr
    Drgnlilli Jun 01, 2009

I too ordered a trial of resveratrol for the shipping price. 5 days later I get a charge on my debit/credit card.. there was nothing on the order for the trial order that stated my account would be charged. I want my money back.. so now I have to try to track down a phone # as the envelope and flyer that came with the pills do not include a phone number, a website url or an address.
    Do not buy this.. at least not from this company.

• Je
    jeanniehavel Jun 08, 2009

Add me to the growing list of suckers who should have known better than to order resveratrol after watching a tv ad with dr oz. it was specifically because he was associated with the product that I ordered. the packages came with no shipping receipt and the package info is sketchy at best. please don't make the same mistake I did. do not order from these deceptive cheats.

• To
    torked Jun 11, 2009

I got charged the.99 cents and then I got charged $39.95 and no new product other than trial product. also, I just got charged again, even though I cancelled and I haven't received that product yet, but they charged me for it. I am waiting for the product to show up, if it ever does. I went through an ad that advertised for dr. oz, too! what a rip-off. I cancelled, but the first time I called they stated they have no record of my call. they cancelled, but I received no confirmation number, so I will call again tomorrow to check.

• To
    torked Jun 11, 2009

Salivini,
    Same happened to me, too! The BBB needs to investigate this and Oprah should also be told about this since she supports Dr. Oz!

• Sy
    SYLVIA VASQUEZ Jun 23, 2009

You guys are so right about all the information you are posting. I see there several different phone numbers for this company and different dollar amounts being charged. just thought I throw out there too. I was told by my bank that I need to file a police report which I will be doing today.

• Br
    Brett4533 Jul 01, 2009

Add me to the list of suckers. I also tried the "free" trial due to dr. oz and his name.
    I have multiple charges that I can't get an explanation for. the phone system has serious problems as noted by a previous poster. so far i'm in the hole for over $180 and i've received the free trial plus the sucker bottle that is charged and shipped in 14days of your trial. there is another charge and i'm expecting a third bottle soon.
    I've cancelled my credit card to stop the bleeding.
    I feel very sorry for those that used a debit card. good luck!

Do not sign up for this!

• Bi
    bingos Jul 06, 2009

Resveratrol - unauthorized debit there is a sucker born everyday, but this is new this is the internet fraud. now when the company outsources phone calls to the phillipines to take complaints. this is a new spin on things. when we try to complain we get a polite phillipina tying to legitimize a company that is corrupt in the usa. amazing. we were dupped

• Un
    Unhappy7 Jul 11, 2009

Add me too! ordered the free trial for $.99, opened my charge card statement to see an additional charge of $87.13. I called immediately and after waiting and waiting, got a human/computer giving me some schpeel about not really free, I should have read the terms of service, and I was 3 days past the "guarantee" period. I have returned the unopened bottle to the address on the shipping envelope, since there was absolutely no contact info contained in the package. no company name, no phone #, no address. I am now disputing the charge with my credit card company and have no intention of paying a dime, no matter how far I have to take this. dr. oz, shame on you for promoting before fully knowing how this product "free promo" works. and shame on me for being suck a sucker!!

cher55 Jul 31, 2009

I am also one of the ones duped by this company (free just 99 cents shipping and handling) no mention of further charges or shipments. within a few days of first 87.13 charge I got two more charges and a week later two more bottles of the stuff which I didnt order. no phone number, no return shipping labels etc. cost me to send back much less overdraft charges at my bank. I am out 239. 62 plus overdraft fees. and its not over yet. I am still working with my bank, but got a forced ach on my account yesterday for 84.84 twice and thats after cancelling my debit card and getting new one. I have read so many complaints on this place and wonder why are they still in operation. I am on disability and have 105. left to live on this month and thats if they dont hit me again.

• Ka
    Kathy Rice Aug 20, 2009

Add me to the list of complainers... I can't get a person to answer my calls.
    Believe it or not, the second bottle, which was shipped 14 days after the first, arrived with the seal on the outside of the bottle intact but inside the seal was cut open and remnants of the cotton were here and there!!! if anyone is a complainer from hollywood, florida 33020, they are listed under resveratrol ultra, distributor. main tel.# [protected] and the shipping manager - [protected]. a police involvement should be able to track down these phone numbers.
    Another classic scam!

• Ca
    Carolyn Buny Aug 30, 2009

Me too!!! all of these companies are the same they all give the same phone # [protected]. you cannot get through on the phone it is animated or you stay on the line for twenty minutes and you get disconnected. please everyone read these complaint because they are true. these companies go by different names and phone numbers but they are all one company. I was stupid enough to put my sample on my debit card. tomorrow off to the bank. I also canceled my orer of $86.43 via live chat and got no where as this month they took out even more money.