Red Robin Internationalfood, caesar salad

J Jan 11, 2020 Review updated:

Went to lunch at this location today. I ordered mac & cheese with the bottom side of Caesar salad. My son ordered the large chicken Caesar salad entrée. Neither salad was a Caesar salad. It came served as American blend with Caesar dressing and a couple croutons. The menu specifically stated that it is Romaine lettuce and that is my expectation when I order Caesar salad: Romaine lettuce, topped with Parmesan cheese which there was none, Croutons, and Caesar dressing.

When the waitress asked if I wanted a second serving of the bottomless Caesar, I said yes but could they kindly make it with Romaine lettuce. A manager came out to my table and was trying to explain why they are using the iceberg lettuce blend. He did tell me that they had some Romaine lettuce that they put on their burgers And then he brought me my refill made right with Romain lettuce, Parmesan cheese, croutons mixed up with Caesar dressing. That made all the difference and I enjoyed that.

But my complaint is that we spent $20 at the restaurant for lunch and we did not get served what we ordered. If they are having an issue with the Romaine lettuce I think the waitress should know that and explain ahead of time that the Caesar salad would be made with iceberg blend. If I had known that I would not have ordered it or I would have requested Romain lettuce.

Based on my disappointment and the inconvenience of the entire scenario, I would like to have red Robin make this up to us in some manner. I am asking that you should send us a gift card and we will try Red Robin again in the future. Thank you for considering my concern and making this right.