Purity Mineral ScienceScammed!

They will scam you and take you're money! Do not be fooled by the "one dollar for one month, pay shipping only" like i did!! Protect yourself!!

Joanna Summers Feb 22, 2008

I ordered the trial offer for 7.95 shipping then cancelled my order and they are now trying to charge my account 59.99. The product does not work and tehn when you cancel it they still charge your account an outrageous amount. I tried to call their customer service number and it took me an hour and 15 minutes to get a representative on the phone. Horrible company with bad ethics.

• Sr
    SRA Feb 26, 2008

I ordered the two week trial of Purity cosmetics by Mineral Science and found the product to be less than advertised. I then attempted to contact Mineral Science (866-363-6797) to get the required RMA# - the phone has been constantly busy. I then attempted to contact them via email ([email protected]) with a note that if they do not respond with a valid RMA#, I would report them to the Better Business Bureau.
    I have not heard back from the company. My contact information was included in the email.

I would encourage readers of this note to, if they are so inclined, purchase superior products now available in national stores.

• Cy
    cynthia campbell Feb 29, 2008

I ordered the trial product and received no instructions plus was told in my letter that I would be billed $59.99 if I
    like it well I don't like it and it doesn,t work either I have tried to get in touch via phone and also e-mail and can't seem to get any such number to return the make-up and brushes I do believe this is a scam and I will contact my credit card company to warn them also if anyone else sees this offer dont be fooled by it

• Mi
    Michele Klaes Mar 03, 2008

I have tried several times to call this company since Thursday, and all I get is a busy signal. I e-mailed the company for an RMA, but have received no response.

This is an inferior product to even those offered in a local drug store's cosmetic department: you only get one foundation powder, which does not provide any coverage; one finishing powder; one bronzer; three brushes; and a cosmetic bag.

I used SheerCover for two years, then switched to L'Oreal when it became available and was satisfied with both. Mineral Science's product pales in comparison!!! Buyer beware!!!

• Gl
    Glenna Jo Koonce Mar 04, 2008

I canceled my order and sent the product back They charged my credit card 59.99

• Te
    Terry Ann Avilla Mar 04, 2008

Further ordering is outrageous price!! I refuse any other shipment! Thank you... but NO THANK YOU!!!

• Te
    Terry Mar 05, 2008

I have also ordered the trial to find out that it is not worth the shipping and handling. I have tried to contact them by phone and get a continious busy signal. I will contact my credit card company to not honor any request from them.

Marcie Mar 06, 2008

It's a scam! Don't do it! It happened to me too! I am disgusted!

• Ci
    Cindy Fenimore Mar 06, 2008

I am not happy with the product either. I did the deal for $1.00 with the $7.95 shipping & handling charge. Well they charged my card the $8.95 two times. I don't think I am even going to try to return this product or get the second $8.95 back , after I have read all these complaints. I don't think it would be worth it. And I used a temporary debit card which will never have anymore money on it, so they will never be able to charge me with anything else. I guess I am one of the luckier ones.

I hope someone that can actually do something about these people at Purity Mineral Science and the scam that they are running. Some of the storied I just read are unbelieveable. I tried it on my friends niece and she said after awhile her skin started to really itch. Mine did not but the stuff just doesn't work. NOT AT ALL. I never order anything online but I have been wanting to try Bare Essentials or one of the new kind of powdered or mineral make-up so I thought I would try this for nine bucks, well I learn my lesson. I'll keep going to Longs and actually pay for what I got. Good luck to all of you. I hope you get what you deserve (your $ back) & I hope this company gets what they deserve (An OUT OF BUSINESS SIGN on their front door & a good kick in the behind along with many lawsuites!!)

Good luck and thanks for showing me what not to do ever again.
    Cindy.

• Be
    belinda ochoa Mar 17, 2008

ITS A SCAM,ALRIGHT. I SHOULD HAVE READ THE COMPLAINTS BOARD. THEY CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD,TWICE FOR 2.95. IM TRYING TO CALL THEM BUT ALL I GET IS A BUSY SIGNAL.

• Ca
    carlea Mar 27, 2008

A scam if ever I saw one. And try to get someone on the phone...it isn't happening. And that colored baby powder they push off as makeup is just the worse. Aweful company and very very very poor business ethics.

• Na
    nadine Mar 31, 2008

I too have tried to call for days & days..went to the web site this am..could not get their site to come up!! I then saw the complaint one..I didn't even try the make-up & glad to send it back..but we all know that's not going to happen. I did call my mastercard people, & yes there was a new chg. pending..they were really understanding & said their investingation dept. would handle it from here. I was told to call back in 2 days to see what other actions could be taken.. I've learn my lesson..never to old to..I 'm 65 & my husband is 69 close to death from his pancreatic cancer.

• Pe
    Peggy Hensley Apr 07, 2008

I too have been charged $7.95 for S&H for a product that I did not received. However less then 14 days they charged me an additional $59.99. Still I have not received anything. They says that they shipped the product, and that I must now take it up with the Post Office. The only thing that we can find out that it was ship to this area code but we still do not know what address. If you try to call you can't get through on the phone. You have to send e-mail after e-mails before you can get anyone to response. And then they say it is no longer their problem, and it is up to me to do all the work to see where the package was deliver. The dates on the tracking number they gave doesn't match to when I order or when I should have received the package. They say they have a very good product but it must not be if they are not willing to work with their customers.

• Hs
    hs Apr 07, 2008

***SUCCESS IN STOPPING SHIPMENT**
    I have had the same problem...but have had success in dealing with them. I called my bank and got the number they were billing out of (NOT that fake customer service number). That number is 408-416-0795. I tried calling this number and got a recording prompting you to put in the last three letters of an employees name. Of course, I didn't know anyone there so I put in random numbers and FINALLY got through to someone. I put in the numbers '784'. This happens to be the web designer's number (who seems to have "forgotten" to update the Customer Service number on the site) but at least I was speaking to someone affiliated with the company. I asked why the customer service number wasnt working and he didnt know. Anyway, I gave him my number and he said someone would call me back. Sure enough, 5 minutes later I got a call from THIS NUMBER: 412-564-0095. TRY CALLING THIS NUMBER.

They know their product is worthless bc the rep asked me if i wanted to keep the product for 50% off instead of returning it. Anyway, I got my RMA # and my shipments have been canceled.

****NEWSFLASH: I JUST received an email from Purity with a different customer service number: 888-694-4171. This may be the golden bullet

Good luck to all of you!

Garble Apr 29, 2008

I just read all this stuff, and freaked because I fell for it to. I'm trying to call the company, but all I get is that there's high call volume, and to try later. I got thru once, and it said there were 30 callers ahead of me. Then it asked if I wanted to do a "promise call back" or stay on the line. I chose to stay on, because I didn't figure they actually would call back. The option to do that kept coming up, and then eventually it forced me to do a call back. It said my number, then press 1 if it's correct, or 2 to enter a different one. So I pressed one, and now I'm waiting. I'm pretty sure though that I will not get a call back. I'm going to call my bank and see what I can do.

Garble Apr 29, 2008

I called again, from a different number. This time, it only took a few tries before I could get through to be able to hold. It told me there were 5 callers ahead of me, and again asked about the "promise call back" system again about 7 times. This time, the number of callers ahead of me didn't decrease as often as the last time, and only got down to 4. Then it once again forced me into the promise call back feature, but I just hung up. If I was only 4 callers away, it shouldn't have bumped me out. I don't know if it has to do with the different customer service numbers, but I get different results from each number. Sometimes even a busy signal.

Garble Apr 29, 2008

I finally got my call back. She gave me my RMA# and said my account was canceled, and if I send my shipment back once I receive, I won't get any further charges. Now let's just hope they send it to me since I have to have it back by May 20th.

• Ly
    LYRECHA POLK Apr 29, 2008

YOU KNOW THE INTERNET COULD MAKE A LOT OF MONEY FROM CUSTOMERS LIKE US, BUT IT'S COMPANIES LIKE THIS WHO MAKE PEOPLE WANNA GO OFF!!! YOU CAN'T CANCEL YOU'R ORDER BECAUSE THEY WON'T ANSWER THE PHONE. MY PACKAGE AI'NT EVEN OPEN AND WOULD LIKE TO SEND IT BACK!!! I JUST DO'NT APPRECIATE NOT EVEN OPENING THE PRODUCT GOOD AND YOU CHARGING ME OUT THE $$^[email protected]@!&&

Kristen Apr 30, 2008

The number in Hs' post is for a company called Linkstar here is their information;

Linkstar Interactive

Copperleaf Corporate Centre

6051 Wallace Road, Suite 110

Wexford, PA 15090

T: 408.416.0795

Notice the number is the same for the "fake" customer service number.

Here is Purity Mineral Sciences contact information;

Telephone: (866) 363-6797

Call Center Hours: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST, Mon-Fri

Email: [email protected]

They claim that you can now access your account online, however when I enter my email and info. they have no record of me having an account.

I have just sent this company an email asking for a RMA#, I will repost with an update when and/or if I get a response.

Kristen Apr 30, 2008

This is the email I received;
    Re: [Ticket#2008043010000028] Purity has received your email‏
    From: Purity Service ([email protected])
    Sent: Wed 4/30/08 1:20 AM
    To: Kristen

Thank you for your inquiry. Please consider this notification that we have received your email. A Mineral Science Customer Service Representative will reply, by email, within a few business days.

Kristen May 06, 2008

This is the original email I sent to Purity's customer service email address;

To Whom It May Concern,

I no longer wish to receive your product. I would like to cancel my membership. Please send me a RMA# so that I may return your product unused to you. I am withdrawing any consent for your company, (Purity Mineral Science, and/or any companies that you are affiliated with i.e. Linkstar) to charge my credit card account. Please send confirmation of membership being canceled and a RMA# within 14 days. Any further attempts to charge my credit card will be disputed. I am keeping a copy of this email for my records.

This is the email I received within 24 hours of the auto-con. email they sent me;

Dear Kristen,

Thank you for your request.

You have been charged $29.99 for the beauty club shipment on 04/27/08. You
    have two options for a refund:
    1. We now have a 25% discount on the product. If you would like to keep last
    beauty club shipment we will refund $7.50 to your account to make up for the
    25% discount, and you can keep everything you were sent.
    2. You can return (04/27 beauty club shipment only), following instructions
    below, for a refund of $22.04 (Full price, less a $7.95 restocking fee).

We have received your request for cancellation. Your account has been closed
    and you will not be receiving any more shipments from Purity.

If you choose to return any used or unused product, please follow the
    instructions in this email exactly.

To receive a refund, follow the steps below and pay for the postage to return.
    (Please note: packages marked "Return to Sender" or "Refused" will not be
    refunded or returned to you.)

1. Within 45 days of your sign-up date, mail your unopened Purity Mineral
    Collection to:

Purity
    rma-********
    13710 Hutton Drive
    Farmers Branch, TX 75234

It can be done! I'm keeping a copy of this email in case they try to charge my credit card again. I recommend anyone having the same problem to use my email as a template. If you have not received the product, ask them for a tracking number, if they cannot produce a tracking number then they need to produce evidence that the package was shipped. Put it on them to prove that they have indeed shipped the package. Don't mess around with calling customer service unless you are going to record the conversation. Keep a record of everything. That's why I went with email. Good luck.

• Sh
    Shawn M. Richards May 27, 2008

I have tried to contact company repeatedly by all options given and have not yet been successful. I finally opted to cancel debit card number so as not to allow any additional charges. What a pain !! Thier product is sub-standard and business practices deplorable.

• De
    Debra Jun 09, 2008

I've received the same response to my email to the customer service to [email protected] When I tried to call them I was put on hold and told that I had 12 callers ahead of me and I should call back or hold the line or better yet they would give a promise call back. I am still waiting on that call back. I tried calling again and this time around 10:oo AM eastern time I was told that I had 15 callers ahead of me and that they would call me back. I haven't received a call back or a email but they are continuing to charge my credit card because I can't send there product back to them because I don't have a RMA#. I only opened it so that they could say that I tried it once, in which I really only tried it once and wasn't happy with it. If anyone knows how to get in contact with a live person let me know.

sarah Jun 11, 2008

I have to be honest. I have been in the beauty business for 26 years. Purity Mineral Science is the best foundation I have ever used. I am on the auto shipment and love it. Well worth the money, and a lot less than the $25 to $50 price on department store foundations.

• At
    Athena Jul 11, 2008

Wouldn't they have to ackowledge your canclation by 14 days later? I mean legally? It is written in the terms of service: "By agreeing to the Terms & Conditions I acknowledge that I am able to call and cancel within the 14 day trial period if I am dissatisfied in any way. You can start your $1 Trial now to receive a full two-month supply of the Purity Mineral Collection, pay only for shipping and handling ($7.95)& the cost of the trial. " Couldn't they be sued if they try to bill you if you cancel w/in those 14 days?

• Fl
    Florencia Leslie Jul 31, 2008

Please Please Cancel all my accounts I have but one face plus im moving out of the county . Thank You Florencia Leslie

• Lu
    Lucille Cumming Aug 14, 2008

I too, have been scammed! I received a shipment today, and right away called them to cancel membership. That is when they hit me with, well, you have to put the makeup into a bubble manilla envelope, and pay for the postage, and when we receive it, your card will be refunded less $7.95 for restock fee. Restock fee!!! I don't think I should pay the employees hourly fee for putting 4 little bottles onto a shelf! Hell, a monkey can do that for a 15 cent banana! Who do these people think they are? Who do they think they are dealing with? I for one, plan to take this to the medias. Radio, and television, as well as local newspapers. There are laws against these things, and I am going to take it to the limit. Someone has to stand up to them. And if everyone got together, and formed a group, we could really teach them a lesson. We should even look into a class action lawsuit. When you ask them for names, they tell you the COO, is Ron G. What does the G stand for? They tell you they cannot give you the full name. Yet, and I stress YET, they have our full PERSONAL information at their hands, but we cannot be told the COOs' full name, nor the Marketing Depts. head name, nor their Public Relations head name. The product stinks, not worth the price they want to charge. Also, for the trial offer, there was no mention of all these things. They failed to disclose that information to us, the consumer. Anyway, just wanted to share with you. I wish you all the best in your fight.

• Je
    Jessica Aug 21, 2008

I noticed right away this morning that something was not right in the amount this company wanted to charge me. There were 4 transactions from these people on bank account. I called my bank right away and put a dispute in. I have to call the bank back tomorrow to see what is going on. Since these are pending transactions I am lucky. I wish I would have researched this company first because I would have never even tried them.

JG
    Wisconsin

• Na
    nancy Nov 18, 2008

I AGREE THIS IS A RIP OFF . I DID RECEIVE MY TRIAL PACKAGE OF PURITY MINERAL AND WAS SUPRIZED AT THE MEMBERSHIP REQUIRMENTS . I CALLED THIS #886-363-6797 AND WAS TOLD TO INTER MY ORDER # THIN I WAS CONNECED TO A VERY NICE PERSON WHO HELPED ME CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP, SHE GAVE ME HER NAME AND AGENT # AND A CONFERMATION # . HOPE THIS ALL I WILL HAVE TO DO, MABY THIS INFROMATION WILL HELP YOU TO RESOLVE YOUR DISAPPOINMENT ALSO.

• Da
    Dani Nov 29, 2008

I mistakingly fell for an ad that told me that I'd get a $500 Macy's Gift Card if I went through this process of first buying 8 OTHER "free" products. Stupidly I fell for it, thinking that this would all be harmless. I ended up buying some products: Colopure, Hoodiastar, Danielle Janine Jewelry, and Purity Mineral Science. They all were scams, and ended up charging more than what they said they would. I'm still being charged for some of them, and need to put an end to this. I never got that gift card either that they said I would. Seeing these complaint for the other products I purchased makes me wonder if they are all linked to one another. I need help in getting my refund as well. So let this be a lesson to you all, 1) never to buy online, or 2) read the fine print.

• Ph
    Phoenix51 Feb 02, 2009

Well, I just got screwed by Purity too. I think we should start a class action law suit against the company and put it on the news also. I am so tired of of this kind of treatment from companies that you put your trust in . What do you gals think?

• Do
    Dorothy L. Sinkler Feb 17, 2009

This is a fraudelent company and I have so notified my credit card company. They told me that if my account is charged (Visa) to notify them and the company will be ORDERED to not only refrain from using my credit card but they willl also be ORDERED to refund any money that they have "stolen" from my account. My attorney and I are now in the process in removing this company from the Internet altogether.

• Ky
    Kyle Park Apr 09, 2009

Today, I got a collection information from Equidata that
    I owe $69.99 to company called Purity Mineral Science Linkstar.
    I found that company in online and ironically... it was a comapany that produces make ups.

Let me tell you something about myself. I'm a "18-year-old MALE."
    What the hell were they thinking?
    I don't even have a credit card neithr a debit card.
    and how the hell did they even take out money with my name on it?

I found out that I wasn't the only one who have been deceived.
    There are tens and hundreds of people have been deceived just like me in a same way.

I call them and they said in reluctant and ill-mannered way
    that I have to talk to the collection company because they have nothing to do with this business,
    and they tried to hang up my call as fast as they can.
    Seems like they know that they are deceiving people and they are very well-trained in this way.
    I wasn't even done with talking but since they were so ill-mannered, I couldn't stand another second
    and just gave up my call and called Equidata (the collection company)
    and they were also ill-mannered and unkind much as that fraud company: Mineral sicence.
    All they told me was that I should call the police to report and they just hung up as soon as they were done talking.

I was about to call police but my mother was afraid of me being in a big trouble
    so she ended up paying what she never even involved in.

I really want to tell you all that this company is full of fraud
    and no one ever should have any business with them what so ever.
    And if you are in a same situation, please do your best to take your money back from them
    because they are making money in this was like a parasite

• Pa
    patrickmonk Jun 12, 2009

Just checking to see if this posts before i submit comment

• Sh
    sharon plank kelly Jul 15, 2009

i never received product i dont want to and not charged for it

• Sd
    SD147 Jul 30, 2009

I place an order through a survey received the product and gave it away to a friend, only to find out that it does not work so i call to cancel and got the run around hence a call to my lawyer and a call to to a friend to return the unused portion, let see them try to place a charge to my card.

• Al
    almyra417 May 19, 2010

Most of these comments are old, by a year or so. Perhaps the company has changed their customer service because I have not had an issue. I signed up for the trial and actually like the product. It feels light on my skin and doesn't run on humid days.

Their terms and conditions and they are very clear about what you can expect. Are you being unfair because you did want to go through with the offer or didn't read terms (the initial fee and the first charge if you keep the shipment) all that well? They also state that if you decide to keep it, you will be enrolled in the club and receive shipments every 60 days. Every 60 days was too much for me, so I went online and changed my order to every 90.

I forgot my password and after sending an email to their service department, I heard back in less than 24 hours with directions. That's less than most businesses I deal with online.

Overall, I am happy with Purity. I'll be back with an update when I decide to cancel my membership.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices