PurCo Fleet Services, Inc.insurance fraud

R

On September 6, 2011 we rented a car from the Hertz Corporation in Jackson Hole, Wyoming (Hertz rental agreement [protected]), drove it on our vacation and turned it in @ the airport in Rapid City, SD on September 16th. A sign there read the Hertz lot was a 'self-service' facility and we should just leave the car and turn in the key at the Hertz counter inside. We asked at that time for someone to come out to examine the car with us but were told either no one was available or it wasn’t their policy to do so; I don’t remember which.
On October 8th we received a letter from PurCo Fleet Services saying the car had been damaged by hail while in our possession and we were being billed $4139.11.
Recently an "administrative fee" of $250 and a "loss of use" fee of $930 have been dropped, leaving $2959.11 that they threaten to turn over to a collection agency.
PurCo demanded to know where we had driven the car and stated that they would get a 'hail report' from the US weather service to prove the damage.
The next time we heard from them PurCo's agent Michael Nester (801.794.6259) told me they couldn't prove the hail damage but 'something' damaged the car and we had to pay regardless.
I should state at this time that there was absolutely NO DAMAGE to the car what-so-ever from hail or anything, while in their claim PurCo says they had to replace both the front and rear windshield glass as well as the roof and also had to repair the hood in some fashion.
Also we should point out that the airport building was at the time, and remains, under construction and the parking lot for the rental return cars is right next to the construction site. Workers were on the roof of the multi-storied building the day we were there, and IF our car was indeed damaged I would look to the construction as the cause.
I have had several unsuccessful email or phone conversations with PurCo's agent Michael Nester and at the conclusion of our last phone conversation he hung up on me.
I informed my insurance company (USAA) the claim was fraudulent and instructed them to refuse the claim, which they did. Even though USAA offered to pay them off and stated all I would have to pay was a $250 deductible I won't be the object of an obvious shakedown attempt by a company that is badly in need of a management shakeup and probably needs scrutiny for its business practices by the local US Attorney's office.

• 78
    78910 Dec 22, 2013

Purco Fleet services is an unreputable collections agency from Spanish Fork Utah who are involved in insurance scams. Check the BBB for yourself and other consumer websites. Hopefully the FTC shuts them down. File a report with the FTC if Purco threatens you. Hertz and its other companies: Advantage, Dollar and Thrifty do business with them. Purco tried to extract money from me regarding a rental from Advantage in Albequerque. I did not pay. I will never rent from Hertz or any of its other companies again
    due to their affiliation with Purco Fleet services.