• B
      Jul 12, 2009

Had 2 charges from them on my credit card and did not sign up for anything. Their web site requires a credit card number to get any information. Called and reported it to my credit card. They are going to cancel ? and refund charges.

Jul 15, 2009

This happened to me today -- who is this company and how did they get my card number?!

Jul 29, 2009

Same for me! Went on debit card twice and even overdrew my acct.! Think they would refund those charges too???

• B
      Jul 31, 2009

Classmates.com gave them my credit card account number. I filed a BBB complaint against Classmates.com.

I got the membership to my privacy matters 1-2-3 canceled and they refunded both charges.
    Classmates.com responded to my BBB complaint stating that it was all my fault. The did however cancel my membership and refund my Classmates.com fee.

• L
      Jul 31, 2009

don't know who these people are but they took out 25 bucks. Of course when I called their computer was down and couldn't tell me anything about who they are because they have different companies involved. I say [censored]. The only place i used it was to lookup a phone number of a relative and had no luck with that anyway!! I better get the money back!

• N
      Aug 07, 2009

I also just found a pending charge for Privacym and I also just joined Classmates. Sounds like classmates needs a lesson - I am going to let them know and it is NOT MY Fault

• E
      Aug 24, 2009

I have 2 charges in my credit card of this company and I feel very bad with this.

Aug 25, 2009

Same issue with Classmates.com. I signed up for three months with them, but did NOT sign up for this service. I am going to cancel my membership with Classmates.com as well.

Sep 16, 2009

Ok so I was scammed also call this number [protected] and stay on the phone and tell them that u never gave them authorization to charge u any fee, tell them to cancel it, tell them the most recent charge and the might credit your account.

Sep 17, 2009

I do no even know what is that ... they charge me out of my will.

• R
      Sep 20, 2009

Just found one of their charges on my debit card as a "Hold" amount - I work offshore, so I know damn well I didn't authorize it.

• R
      Sep 27, 2009

Does anyone have an email address or phone number for these crooks?? they did the same thing to me.

Oct 03, 2009

Immediately after joining Classmates.com, "privcym" $19.95 billings started on my credit card. I called Privacy Matters and the story is that Classmates.com furnishes your sign up info and there is supposedly a 7 day free trial to Privacy Matters that automatically kicks in if you do not cancel it. I have no recollection of this offer. I cancelled and requested a refund at [protected]

• M
      Oct 20, 2009

There is three charges to my account that I don't know what they are for -- can you help me? I am on a very strict budget and have to kept track of all my charges.With these three charges to a total of 74.85 on 10-19-09 and 4.00 on10-14-09 for total of $78.89 .
    Why are there 3 charges on the same day?

• M
      Oct 20, 2009

Being a senior citizen on a strict budget it is very hard to pay bills when someone is charging my account with unknown charges. Is this some kind of sham on seniors?
    We hear of them every but don't think it will happen to you, I'd be thank for any help you can give. Many Thanks Marie Haas

• D
      Nov 10, 2009

i enrolled with privacy matters 123 and they gave me the run around i couldnt access my credit report.. what a waste i cancelled asap!

• K
      Nov 30, 2009

Charged my credit card without my knowledge said I was on Peoplefinders.com and clicked on a baner ad. I am in the Internet marketing/advertising business I would have never clicked on a banner ad without knowing it let alone agree to a subscription without knowing. THIS IS FRAUD and they should be charged accordingly. When I called they said they would credit my credit card but I put a stop payment just in case.

Dec 18, 2009

I just check on by credit card statement, and i also have 2 charges from Privacy Matters 123, I called the number in the post above [protected] and had the charges credited. Joe was who i spoke to, he said that when you sign up for things, like classmates.com which is where this all stemed from, that you have to be careful what you are clicking on. and it seems all who signed up on classmates.com all got the same thing on our credit card statement. Joe said my account would be credited within 2 to 3 days, and also gave me an conformation number. the next thing i am gonna do is call classmates.com at [protected] and give them a piece of my mind. that just ain't right.

• N
      Jan 28, 2010

i found out back in AUGUST that this privacym started charging me. It turns out the account isn't even under my name...but my roommates name... the first time. The second time i call to get a stop payment on it, they said they couldn't find the account in my name or my roommates...and yet they still charge my account. Today marks the 5th time this company charged me. and all five times i was over drafted. its a recession and i can't have that on my account i have bills. i never even heard of privacy matters nor have i ever signed up for classmates.com. what to do?

• P
      Feb 11, 2010

19.95 deducted from credit card last two months and never authorized it.

Feb 12, 2010

there was a charge of $79.80 onmy credit card that i did not authorize

• U
      Feb 15, 2010

This happened to me when I was trying to look someone up in intellus I paid $5.00 to find that someone. But they charged me $
    24.95 this month. I called and they did say they would refund my money and when I asked how they got my card they hung up.

• P
      Mar 05, 2010

i have been billed by them for 24.95 with no atherization

• E
      Mar 11, 2010

charged on debit card for unathorized charges

Mar 13, 2010
    privacyM - Fraud

Charged 39.90 on card not being used

This is a new credit card with a new credit card number issued by paypal. I have not used this new card yet somehow this entity has managed to get a charge of 39.90 to go through. I have contacted paypal to report this as fraud...

Mar 15, 2010

I just a few days ago noticed a charge from PRIVACYCK, and plan on filing a dispute with my credit card company in a few hours when the bank opens.

I have no idea how they got my info.

Mar 20, 2010

I SEEM TO HAVE JOINED AN UNEXCLUSIVE CLUB. I HAVE BEEN WRACKING MY BRAIN TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW THEY GOT MY CREDIT CARD DETAILS. I E-MAILED THEM ON THEIR 'CONTACT US' FACILITY AND THE CONTACT WAS 'MAILER DEMONED' BACK TO ME. I TRIED AGAIN, GIVING THE LAST 4 DIGITS OF MY CC AND THEY REPLIED THAT THEY WOULD NEED THE WHOLE NUMBER TO INVESTIGATE.
    I THOUGHT I WAS A DUMMY FOR NOT KNOWING WHAT I HAD SIGNED UP TO - NOT EVEN CLASSMATES.COM - BUT NOW I KNOW I'VE BEEN SCAMMED AND WILL BE PURSUING IT WITH MY CC COMPANY.
    THANKS TO YOU.

JUNESMATE

• D
      Mar 25, 2010

This happened to me as well, apparently it was from US search. What a scam these people have going. Write a complaint letter: Compliance Department p o box 5152 Des Planes IL 60017

Please everyone write to them

They did say they would credit my account so we will see, I also had the CC company change my cc number, I suggest you all do the same.

• G
      Mar 27, 2010

Watch out for US search.

• G
      Apr 04, 2010

They got me too, through findlegalforms.com! They got me in October I caught it in March. Really PO'd

• H
      Apr 13, 2010

I have 2 unauthorized charges on my debit card from privacym. I do not know how they got my account number but I will be going to my bank tomorrow to recieve a new CC number. All I can say is watch what you purchase online. my new rule is if I cant go to a location for the buisness then they will NOT recieve my online buisness

Apr 14, 2010

The life human within world halp him life after since see again life here human life probelm science human life, some to my life see again life human say for my life and my skill human life to life science, some tame human life no many nice and nice life to human see ok see to sky dan god halp me and you life to human life within the world, after job busissnes, after job another human life.